2017 UConn Pro Day/UConn in 2017 NFL Draft/UDFA Contracts | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Pro Day/UConn in 2017 NFL Draft/UDFA Contracts

Reaction Score

Translated tweets about article:

Søren Hygum Hansen‏ @shygumhansen 2h 2 hours ago
I have just talked with a happy but tired Andreas terse: "I'm tired but it is huge. It is totally game to get in the NFL, "he says.

He tells that the Falcons had shown greater and greater interest in a month. He spoke for the first time with them in January.

The Falcons had no more draft picks after 5. round, but called and said they wanted signing him if he was not selected in the overall.

Falcons ' HC Dan Quinn rang personally in the middle of the 6. round and courted the Scarce about coming to the Falcons: "It is a little wild," says Scarce.

"I'm fine with not being selected in the overall. Now I just show them that did not choose me, that they were wrong, "he says.

There were a total of 6-7 team that would signe Scarce after overall. He chose the Falcons, because "chemistry" was there. They showed a sincere interest.

He should just relax today-he has promised the children in the family, he lives with in Connecticut, that they must view the cartoon "Frost" together ...

Also says he spoke w/ Nick Williams and Blidi Wreh-Wilson about the Falcons

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

A good selling point for recruiting. That's about 1/3 of a normal recruiting class that will get to put on NFL pads. Obviously UDFA's are a low probability for long term employment but it's a chance. And UConn has plenty of stories of players who have turned that opportunity in to 3-5 years of UDFA to practice squad to regular squad and make $150k-$300k a year. Not a bad gig coming right out of college.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Awesome news for all the guys who are one step closer to playing on Sundays and following their dreams! Congrats to all.

One last parting shot at Diaco for me; you had all these good players and had no friggin clue what to do with them! I think Myers and Puyol are going to be real steals for the Ravens, too...

Reaction Score
Awesome news for all the guys who are one step closer to playing on Sundays and following their dreams! Congrats to all.

One last parting shot at Diaco for me; you had all these good players and had no friggin clue what to do with them! I think Myers and Puyol are going to be real steals for the Ravens, too...

As a Ravens fan, I think Myers could certainly make some noise and has a decent shot at making the team. We don't have much depth on the DL. But, as much as I love Bobby, the only chance he has is if Justin Tucker gets hurt. Hope he shows enough for another team to give him a look tho, I think he can.

Reaction Score
As a Ravens fan, I think Myers could certainly make some noise and has a decent shot at making the team. We don't have much depth on the DL. But, as much as I love Bobby, the only chance he has is if Justin Tucker gets hurt. Hope he shows enough for another team to give him a look tho, I think he can.
Agree. I'd put Puyol just behind Teggart as far as Uconn kickers go and Teggart barely got a sniff.

Reaction Score
Teggart signed with the Bears when Robbie Gould was playing at a very high level. Always thought that a better landing spot would have helped.

Reaction Score
Teggart signed with the Bears when Robbie Gould was playing at a very high level. Always thought that a better landing spot would have helped.

I believe Taggart once mentioned that a detriment to his NFL opportunity was that he didn't kickoff while at UConn. You may recall that our scholarship punter, Chad Christen was supplanted by walk-on Cole Wagner. They then let Chad do the kicking off. That's one of the reasons Bobby Puyol lobbied to kick off after Michael Tarbutt had been doing it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I believe Taggart once mentioned that a detriment to his NFL opportunity was that he didn't kickoff while at UConn. You may recall that our scholarship punter, Chad Christen was supplanted by walk-on Cole Wagner. They then let Chad do the kicking off. That's one of the reasons Bobby Puyol lobbied to kick off after Michael Tarbutt had been doing it.
I was very surprised Taggart did not get a longer look myself. I didn't think about the kick off aspect, good point.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So let me get this right.... despite our offensive ineptitude and porous line play, the two starting senior offensive linemen from our 2016 team were good enough to sign as udfa's in the NFL? Can't make this stuff up.

Congrats to Levy, I hope him and Andreas both stick for a long while.

What does that tell you about our former coaching staff? :(

Reaction Score
So let me get this right.... despite our offensive ineptitude and porous line play, the two starting senior offensive linemen from our 2016 team were good enough to sign as udfa's in the NFL? Can't make this stuff up.

Congrats to Levy, I hope him and Andreas both stick for a long while.

Shh. Don't tell Whaler.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom