2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

Reaction Score
Would love to hear what other resumes The Boneyard has been reviewing that would be better suited to coach our tight ends.

Christ.

nephews.

This guy Edsall gave a deep discount on the Salary to the University and his boss. With all due respect, he gets to pick his Assistants ... and he clearly pointedly outlined to David Benedict that he was bringing his son over. Jon Wholley, BTW, was his last GA to Tight End coach. Corey Edsall isn't coming on with zero background. He just did 2 years GA at Colorado - a very successful program and one with a wide-open offense. Plus he gets 4 solid experienced TEs to show him the ropes.

Please tell me that WE aren't that small to putz around with the TE coach. Let's unwrap the OC present first.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
nephews.

This guy Edsall gave a deep discount on the Salary to the University and his boss. With all due respect, he gets to pick his Assistants ... and he clearly pointedly outlined to David Benedict that he was bringing his son over. Jon Wholley, BTW, was his last GA to Tight End coach. Corey Edsall isn't coming on with zero background. He just did 2 years GA at Colorado - a very successful program and one with a wide-open offense. Plus he gets 4 solid experienced TEs to show him the ropes.

Please tell me that WE aren't that small to putz around with the TE coach. Let's unwrap the OC present first.

I'm agreeing with you. It's the tight end coach. I agree that working with family could be potentially be a conflict of interest, but knowing Randy the way we do, if anything, the kid will likely have it harder than most.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Updated: "The Courant has reached out to UConn to find out who supervises Corey Edsall".
His mother Supervises him. Enough already.

;-)

EDIT- that was 'not enough already' to medic! It was a generalized statement directed at no one and everyone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yup...

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer 9m 9 minutes ago
Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz has named Brian Ferentz as the teams new OC

And Steve Belichick works for the Patriots. I don't know why people are surprised by this stuff. Mike Shanahan's son is the OC in Atlanta. Brian Shottenheimer is a coordinator. Kids of good coaches tend to make pretty good coaches.

Reaction Score
Updated: "The Courant has reached out to UConn to find out who supervises Corey Edsall".

The Courant figures that after all the updates and inside scoops on the coaching staff they gave us, they needed to do some serious research into this. Oh wait...the Courant has provided diddly on the coaching staff until it was already posted somewhere else. They are useless.

Reaction Score
The Courant figures that after all the updates and inside scoops on the coaching staff they gave us, they needed to do some serious research into this. Oh wait...the Courant has provided diddly on the coaching staff until it was already posted somewhere else. They are useless.
Speaking of the Courant... did Jacobs ever get to the bottom of what happened with the B12 non-expansion? Wasn't he going to dig into it with some hard core intense investigative journalism? Or did a squirrel run by and distract him?

Reaction Score
Speaking of the Courant... did Jacobs ever get to the bottom of what happened with the B12 non-expansion? Wasn't he going to dig into it with some hard core intense investigative journalism? Or did a squirrel run by and distract him?
He didn't. He is working on this weeks "Could the NHL Return to Hartford" article.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

The click bait worked and he got what he needed with that headline. No need to do any work on this...

Reaction Score
Relax, guys. Rule #1: We don't use tight ends at UConn!!

Oh, wait--that's from my Diaco notes. Sorry, you may continue lighting the torches and gathering the pitchforks.
Ask Ryan Griffin about that.

Reaction Score

First, he' got to help O.J. find Nicole's real murderer.

Reaction Score
Honestly you can't masks this crap up. The State crucified some guy for helping his kid get a job with some consultant who works for the state among others but the wife of the governors chief of staff lands a job with the state as a liaison with the governors office but that's ok. Edsall hires his kid and it's a bfd for a job for which he is well qualified.

I agree with the late Richard J Daley of Chicago. If you don't think I'm going to do everything I can to help my kid you can kiss my as $.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that Fishy needs to make this an "official hiring" thread and any other posts get you banned from the thread.

(Starting after this post) :)

Reaction Score
Honestly you can't masks this crap up. The State crucified some guy for helping his kid get a job with some consultant who works for the state among others but the wife of the governors chief of staff lands a job with the state as a liaison with the governors office but that's ok. Edsall hires his kid and it's a bfd for a job for which he is well qualified.

I agree with the late Richard J Daley of Chicago. If you don't think I'm going to do everything I can to help my kid you can kiss my as $.
I agree with your post, but there are laws against this stuff for a reason. Overall their good laws, but this is football. It goes on every where. Not a big deal.

Reaction Score
Man I came on here to get as much info as possible on the staff and guessing who else will be on and the main subject is Randy's kid. Who cares we suck and Diaco is gone. We have an entire roster of TE its all Diaco wanted and long snappers. The tight ends haven't been used much and haven't been great. Corey can't do worse. The staff will be fine and the Huskies will rise again. May God have mercy on the souls of the opponents

Reaction Score
UConn issued the following statement: "Corey Edsall reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Beth Goetz, who serves the role as sports administrator for football. At no time during Corey's employment at UConn will he report to Randy Edsall. All personnel decisions in regards to Corey Edsall including evaluation, compensation, promotion, demotion, and disciplinary action will be made by Beth as his director supervisor. Coach Randy Edsall will not have any input on his evaluation or contract terms."

None of this affects Corey Edsall's day-to-day role as a coach.

Edsall Names 4 To UConn Staff, Including Son Corey, Who Won't Report To Coach

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but some (gulp) Top 500 guys are now showing up as having interest in UConn on recruiting sites. Of particular interest we actually made an offer to a 5-star OT who ended up going to Georgia but was getting recruited by all the big names, Alabama, etc. http://connecticut.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Targets check out this page and then check out the sudden increased caliber of targets for 2018 and 2019 and who we are competing with for recruits. I guess we are done competing with Ball State, Dartmouth, and Villanova for recruits!

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but some (gulp) Top 500 guys are now showing up as having interest in UConn on recruiting sites. Of particular interest we actually made an offer to a 5-star OT who ended up going to Georgia but was getting recruited by all the big names, Alabama, etc. http://connecticut. .com/Season/2017-Football/Targets check out this page and then check out the sudden increased caliber of targets for 2018 and 2019 and who we are competing with for recruits. I guess we are done competing with Ball State, Dartmouth, and Villanova for recruits!

Oh yeah, sign on the dotted line.

Or solid line.

Or in the box.

Esign?

Whatever, just sign the loi baby!

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous - Randy should be able to hire who he wants and to be held accountable for the success or failure.

UConn didn't hire Cory because AD Dave wanted him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom