2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is in no way scientific but playing with pace and aggression ups the "fun factor" quite a bit... for players, for fans... I'm optimistic but let's see how it plays out during the season. Been optimistic before...

Reaction Score
This is in no way scientific but playing with pace and aggression ups the "fun factor" quite a bit... for players, for fans... I'm optimistic but let's see how it plays out during the season. Been optimistic before...

I just can't wait until we go 3&out in less than 30 seconds the first couple times. Peoples reactions are going to be hilarious.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Facts are facts and UConn Football has some not-insignificant financial constraints. Value for the dollar I'm am very very pleased with the hires... it would be tough to build a significantly better staff for the same budget.

Reaction Score
Still a lot of work to do, not to mention all the ancillary positions. I thought AD Benedict and HCRE wanted to announce the coaching staff by January 11th?

Head Coach-Randy Edsall

Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach: Rhett Lashlee
WR Coach:
TE Coach: Corey Edsall
OL Coach:
RB Coach: Terry Richardson

Defensive Coordinator:
LB Coach: Jon Wholley
DL Coach:
LB Coach:
Safeties Coach:
CB Coach:
Special Teams Coach:

Strength and Conditioning Coach:

Defensive Grad Assistant (1):
Defensive Grad Assistant (2):
Offensive Grad Assistant (1):
Offensive Grad Assistant (2):

So we have filled 7 positions, which means we have 2 spots to fill, meaning the DL coach or the WR coach will also coach Special Teams. I'm assuming one of the coaches will assume Recruiting Coordinator/Director of Player Engagement
Head Coach-Randy Edsall

(1) Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach: Rhett Lashlee
WR Coach: (still no announcement)
(2) TE Coach: Corey Edsall
(3) OL Coach: J.B Grimes
(4) RB Coach/Asst Head Coach: Terry Richardson

(5) Defensive Coordinator: Billy Crocker
(6) LB Coach: Jon Wholley
DL Coach: (still no announcement)
(7) Defensive Backs Coach:Curome Cox
Special Teams Coach: (still no announcement)

Per NCAA rules, these coaches do not count against the max of 9 assistant coaches:

Reaction Score
Does Crocker have a position group ???

I've just been assuming that he will be the DL coach, because they usually do. Anyone hear anything about this ? It would make sense, no ?

Reaction Score
Does Crocker have a position group ???

I've just been assuming that he will be the DL coach, because they usually do. Anyone hear anything about this ? It would make sense, no ?
I hope he brings in a DL coach... so he can pay attention to detail more on the overall defensive alignment...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn Coach.JPG

Looks like there is still room for about $180K - $200K of salary for the final assistant.

(I'm assuming Crocker will be handling DLs given his background)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Looking over this staff...RE did An amazing job. The areas he needed proven talent...he got it (OC, OL, Strength coach). The areas he could take a chance on coaches with potential (DC, WR, TE, DB,LB)... he found a good fit. This is a great way of coming in on budget.

Nice job by RE and AD Dave.

Reaction Score
David Benedict ‏@UConnHuskyAD 4m 4 minutes ago
Congrats @RandyEdsall for assembling an outstanding group of leaders to coach our @UConnFootball team. Youth experience and #BleedBlue

David Benedict ‏@UConnHuskyAD 3m 3 minutes ago
Welcome both @rhettlashlee @CoachJBGrimes to #UConnNation going to be fun watching you work together again! @UConnHuskies @UConnFootball

Dave is happy...

David Benedict ‏@UConnHuskyAD 1m 1 minute ago
Can you say aggressive!@RandyEdsall @rhettlashlee @Coach_Crock Going to be fun to watch, get your tickets now! @UConnHuskies @UConnFootball

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco's list screams yes men. And Verducci looks way over compensated considering he did not bring prior OC experience.

Am I wrong or Edsall's entire staff consist of coaches with proven success at their new UConn position rather taking the position as a step up in duties (sans Corey)?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Appears several quality individuals are joining forces attempting to create something special. Should be interesting to watch it progress. Let's get to work.
Bleeding Blue
So does your name reflect that we have rebuilding to do from six years of less than adequate coaching or does it imply six years will be necessary to get the program back on track?;)

Reaction Score
So we have filled 7 positions, which means we have 2 spots to fill, meaning the DL coach or the WR coach will also coach Special Teams. I'm assuming one of the coaches will assume Recruiting Coordinator/Director of Player Engagement
Head Coach-Randy Edsall

WR Coach: (still no announcement)

DL Coach: (still no announcement)

Per NCAA rules, these coaches do not count against the max of 9 assistant coaches:
One Assistant Coach left to be named as 8 coaches have been officially added to the staff:
Head Coach
-Randy Edsall

(8) WR Coach/Recruiting Coordinator: Aaron Smith

DL Coach: (still no announcement-could be Crocker but it hasn't been made official?)

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Eric Klein

Reaction Score
Considering he was a good player on special teams and coached some special teams in the past, I wouldn't be shocked if we hired a safeties coach and had the DB coach shift to CB+ST.

Reaction Score
This Staff and team needs all the support we can muster in the "RENT" I volunteer to be the "official bell ringer" no compensation required. Just points

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Randy's staff building strategy summed up in a familiar rhyme to some of us :D
Someone old, someone new
Someone borrowed, someone Blue

Reaction Score
hey hey hey

I called Aaron Smith. And was ahead on the Jon Wholley front. Add Billy Crocker ... and maybe Lyndon Johnson is added in a non-coach spot. That gives you the Recruiting Coordinator of UAlbany, Villanova, Fordham and Towson. Before you jump and scream ... know that each of those guys knows specifically solid core recruiting markets WE (UCONN) needs and have done well with in our past. Metro NYC, NJ, Phila, Western PA, MD, VA, DC.

Florida and Carolina and Georgia ... and maybe a smidge of Ohio.

I am excited about our recruiting credentials.

Reaction Score
hey hey hey

I called Aaron Smith. And was ahead on the Jon Wholley front. Add Billy Crocker ... and maybe Lyndon Johnson is added in a non-coach spot. That gives you the Recruiting Coordinator of UAlbany, Villanova, Fordham and Towson. Before you jump and scream ... know that each of those guys knows specifically solid core recruiting markets WE (UCONN) needs and have done well with in our past. Metro NYC, NJ, Phila, Western PA, MD, VA, DC.

As of right now Lyndon hasn't been contacted by RE for any of the available jobs he had on the staff.

Reaction Score
hey hey hey

You are the chief of the football board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom