2017 UConn Commit - Robert Holmes (West Palm Beach Florida) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit - Robert Holmes (West Palm Beach Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Robert Holmes is a 6-5 330lb OL from Oxbridge Academy in West Palm Beach Florida. Robert was once an FAU commit. Other offers from Auburn, Miami, Temple and Georgia State. He made a visit to UConn under previous staff and was suppose to visit FAU this weekend.

BIG ROB SENIOR YEAR HIGHLIGHTS #66 - Robert Holmes highlights

VERY IMPRESSIVE PICK - The highest demand player I can remember

David Benedict may win AD of the year for all that is happening. I never saw this kind of positive movement happening and proves one should never say never. I am delighted with all that is happening. With the new staff and recruiting surge, I couldn't be happier.

Reaction Score

David Benedict may win AD of the year for all that is happening. I never saw this kind of positive movement happening and proves one should never say never. I am delighted with all that is happening. With the new staff and recruiting surge, I couldn't be happier.

Yes and I'm changing my signature to reflect what should be recognized after every post.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

I think Carl's over his T.J. man crush! I think we're all pretty psyched where things are going right now.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Welcome Robert! Keep that offense rolling. New offensive staff having an impact.

Reaction Score
Can he play TE tho?

You joke, but we'll probably see a 6th & even 7th lineman lined up at TE a dozen times this year. Malzahn has even lined them up outside the hashes before.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
No one is happier with the coaching change, or more appreciative of REv1.0, than I am.

That having been said, nothing Edsall does will make Diaco look like a child until we start winning games consistently. Not recruiting tweets from high school kids, not signing day announcements, not press conferences.

Showing Diaco that it could be done requires waiting until we win games.

When RE wins this year with Diaco's kids- your point will be driven home

Reaction Score
Looks like RE is reloading with some real quality FBS level prospects. Love it! Makes Diaco look like a child.
No attack BlueDogs but beating a dead horse gets us nowhere. Diaco had this kid in for a visit and that gave Randy a chance to follow up. Wacky Bob looked like a child for a multitude of reasons but this young man was not one of them.
I like this get, hard to tell from film because at his size and that level he is dominating smaller players. I do like the fact after taking care of business at the line with his assignment he continues down field and has a disdain for linebackers. :)

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Welcome, Robert! (was gonna go somewhere with HogPound, but that has a Razorback sound to it.)

Reaction Score
You joke, but we'll probably see a 6th & even 7th lineman lined up at TE a dozen times this year. Malzahn has even lined them up outside the hashes before.

You're right. However, I think taking huge OL and lining them up at TE to run block is a greater recipe for success than taking undersized TEs and asking them to pass protect.

Reaction Score
No attack BlueDogs but beating a dead horse gets us nowhere. Diaco had this kid in for a visit and that gave Randy a chance to follow up. Wacky Bob looked like a child for a multitude of reasons but this young man was not one of them.
I like this get, hard to tell from film because at his size and that level he is dominating smaller players. I do like the fact after taking care of business at the line with his assignment he continues down field and has a disdain for linebackers. :)
Not trying to beat a dead horse. I like what I see. Randy is actually closing important gets. This kid does not commit here if that clown was still at the helm.

Reaction Score
No one is happier with the coaching change, or more appreciative of REv1.0, than I am.

That having been said, nothing Edsall does will make Diaco look like a child until we start winning games consistently. Not recruiting tweets from high school kids, not signing day announcements, not press conferences.

Showing Diaco that it could be done requires waiting until we win games.
If RE avoids the impulse to call a fake fake field goal, he's already ahead of the game.

Reaction Score
When RE wins this year with Diaco's kids- your point will be driven home

Not for nothing, but most of the kids who had an impact the last 2 years for UConn were PP recruits who BTW, had the highest classes ranked between the 3 HCs. That being said RE has a pedigree of developing the slightly undersized initially or under the radar type guys into NFL caliber players. I can see their pitch to some of the high 3-star recruits they are after like Holmes, "You can go to Auburn and sit for 3 years before you get a shot or you can come here play right away, and guess what coach RE puts guys in the NFL - what do you think is best for you and your family long term, and BTW we love you and would love to have you come play at UConn?"

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but most of the kids who had an impact the last 2 years for UConn were PP recruits who BTW, had the highest classes ranked between the 3 HCs. That being said RE has a pedigree of developing the slightly undersized initially or under the radar type guys into NFL caliber players. I can see their pitch to some of the high 3-star recruits they are after like Holmes, "You can go to Auburn and sit for 3 years before you get a shot or you can come here play right away, and guess what coach RE puts guys in the NFL - what do you think is best for you and your family long term, and BTW we love you and would love to have you come play at UConn?"
I've said this plenty. P could recruit. In addition to guys like Obi, Noel, Jhavon, he recruited, Cochran, Lagow and Joe Williams.

His biggest problem was bringing Deleone and entrusting him so much.

Reaction Score
I've said this plenty. P could recruit. In addition to guys like Obi, Noel, Jhavon, he recruited, Cochran, Lagow and Joe Williams.

Agree, P was relatively competent at running a football program and could do a decent job of bringing in good players. Unlike Diaco, he actually knew how to do it. His problem was his philosophy was stuck in the past.

Reaction Score

His 2013 class was very good. His other classes had one or two very good players and a pile of non-contributors or guys who never actually made it to campus. If you're looking at offers, the 2011 and 12 classes were filled with guys that had no other offers but us.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I've been processing the change in the program over the last 3 weeks now and I'm officially 100% on board. Edsall coaching here again is the right move, who better to get us back on track than the original architect himself, and the new names like Lashlee show that Benedict and the decision makers know what's at stake and actually have a clue where to look to infuse this program with new life. Very excited for the future of UConn football after being pessimistic for several years.

Reaction Score
His 2013 class was very good. His other classes had one or two very good players and a pile of non-contributors or guys who never actually made it to campus. If you're looking at offers, the 2011 and 12 classes were filled with guys that had no other offers but us.
You're probably right, but almost all of the impact players we've had lately were his recruits. He only had to full cycles here. I believe he did better Bob, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
You're probably right, but almost all of the impact players we've had lately were his recruits. He only had to full cycles here. I believe he did better Bob, but we'll see.

He didn't have anything nearly as bad as the 2015 class, and most of the contributors from 2014 were his guys. I think the 16 class has potential, but overall it's tough to argue that he wasn't better than Diaco, but it wasn't much of an #uptick from what it was previously.

C

Chief00

Next time listen to Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99