2017 UConn Commit - Rob King (Philadelphia PA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit - Rob King (Philadelphia PA)

Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN Rob! Man did we need a speed upgrade on the roster which was apparent watching the second half of our season as well as the bowl games.
honestly some of these FR might play just because of the speed difference. Edsall clearly understands the things Diaco did not.

Reaction Score
Edsall clearly understands the things Diaco did not.

This just about sums it up perfectly. It's amazing how the professionalism of Benedict, the hiring of Edsall (and the staff he's assembled) plus the level of recruits getting on board have flipped the feelings I had about the program from despair and lethargy to expectation and excitement.

Reaction Score
This just about sums it up perfectly. It's amazing how the professionalism of Benedict, the hiring of Edsall (and the staff he's assembled) plus the level of recruits getting on board have flipped the feelings I had about the program from despair and lethargy to expectation and excitement.
Welcome back bro! I can't remember the last time I saw a post from you.
Yup it's been a deflating 3 years under the Diaco regime for us fans. Now it's over and we move forward with former Coach Edsall, who proved in the past to move our program fwd. Here's hoping we get that jolt we need to push us fwd even more in the not so distanthat future.

Reaction Score
Edsall's teams at UCONN were always deep with solid RBs and DBs. Good speed and athleticism. I honestly don't know what Diaco was trying to do going after "prototypes". At some point you have to be able to run well on both sides of the ball. Having those type of athletes also helps tremendously on specials with coverage and returns. Think of kids like Frey, Reggie, Branch, Dre, to say nothing of Donald Brown and Jordan Todman.

Next up, I think we need to get much faster at LB. Edsall did a terrific job lining up guys like Moore, Wilson, Lutrus, etc.

My sense is that Edsall is salvaging this class which had the potential to be a total disaster. We have to hope the Diaco didn't totally screw the pooch on the last two classes. We've seen very little of those kids and, honestly, I'm not too hopeful.

Reaction Score
My sense is that Edsall is salvaging this class which had the potential to be a total disaster. We have to hope the Diaco didn't totally screw the pooch on the last two classes. We've seen very little of those kids and, honestly, I'm not too hopeful.

I have to think AD Dave saw the same thing. Add in the possible disagreement on the OC and Dave knew it was time to act. I am certain that Edsall and staff will coach almost every player up.

Reaction Score
I am actually pretty hopeful that the 2016 class will be an impact class, on paper it was one of our best classes ever when looking at the players offer lists. Hard to remember that this time last year we were coming off a bowl and we're hopeful Diaco was on an upward trajectory.
The wheels came off in such an extreme fashion this year in all phases of the program that you really have to go and look back to believe that was the case. It wasn't a slow burn like PP, it was a dive off a cliff.

Edsall's teams at UCONN were always deep with solid RBs and DBs. Good speed and athleticism. I honestly don't know what Diaco was trying to do going after "prototypes". At some point you have to be able to run well on both sides of the ball. Having those type of athletes also helps tremendously on specials with coverage and returns. Think of kids like Frey, Reggie, Branch, Dre, to say nothing of Donald Brown and Jordan Todman.

Next up, I think we need to get much faster at LB. Edsall did a terrific job lining up guys like Moore, Wilson, Lutrus, etc.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Change of scenery for UConn commit and Father Judge star Rob King

"Thought I needed to get away from home and grow a little bit," he said. "I need to grow a little and get out of my comfort zone."

"It's more isolated, and everything is just UConn up there," he said. "It's almost like how Penn State is its own city, own town."

King also acknowledged that it would be difficult to leave family in Philly, especially his grandparents, Charlotte King and Robert King Sr., with whom he is very close.

He also lives with his mother, Verlene King, and his father, Robert King Jr., in Lawncrest and expects most of the family to make trips to his games at UConn.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Change of scenery for UConn commit and Father Judge star Rob King

He also lives with his mother, Verlene King, and his father, Robert King Jr., in Lawncrest and expects most of the family to make trips to his games at UConn.

My advice: Definitely drive up on Saturday mornings if possible, it's a breeze... 3 hours tops. Friday nights from Northeast Philly to East Hartford are an absolute bitch, a 3 hour drive turns to 6. ;)

Reaction Score
My advice: Definitely drive up on Saturday mornings if possible, it's a breeze... 3 hours tops. Friday nights from Northeast Philly to East Hartford are an absolute bitch, a 3 hour drive turns to 6. ;)

With an 11:11 start time plus a few hours tailgating before that makes for an early morning. I'd petition for later start times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom