2017 UConn Commit - Rob King (Philadelphia PA) | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Commit - Rob King (Philadelphia PA)

Reaction Score
How do you think we will fair as 3-2-6 team against the run? I would assume that our base D would have us bring the safeties down in the box to the equivalent of LBs. In the 3-2-6 we will play fast but dbs must be able to tackle. Good pickup.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Honestly it looks like the staff is just taking the best athletes they can. Positions will be figured out later

Of the the entire secondary thus far, seems like Beavers, Brown and maybe Herring would most likely flip to offense. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Honestly it looks like the staff is just taking the best athletes they can. Positions will be figured out later

I think you are right. Edsall and team looked at the roster and the big hole was the lack of athletes: RB, WR, DB, and they are filling the hole.

Edsall tends to recruit skill athletes that could play multiple positions and Diaco recruited prototypes. In my opinion, some of our best players at UConn would not have been recruited by Diaco.

Reaction Score
PennLive: Father Judge's Rob King decommits from Temple, commits to Randy Edsall and UConn

>>King was a second-team All-Catholic League selection at quarterback for Father Judge this season, and he also anchored the Crusaders' secondary, where he's expected to play in college as an athletic prospect. He's rated as a two-star recruit and the No. 43 player in Pennsylvania and No. 160 athlete nationally in the 247Sports composite rankings. In 247Sports' own rankings, he's a three-star recruit and the No. 35 recruit in the state.<<

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Guess we will be playing a 3-2-6 with all these awesome DBs. Let's not forget we have three redshirt freshman in house; Herring, Coyle and Hahn.
A fair number of the incoming freshman should be redshirting as well. In that time they may also change positions.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I think you are right. Edsall and team looked at the roster and the big hole was the lack of athletes: RB, WR, DB, and they are filling the hole.

Edsall tends to recruit skill athletes that could play multiple positions and Diaco recruited prototypes. In my opinion, some of our best players at UConn would not have been recruited by Diaco.
Fair assessment

Reaction Score
This is a good pick up for you guys. Rob is a good player regardless of his star rating.

Reaction Score
How do you think we will fair as 3-2-6 team against the run? I would assume that our base D would have us bring the safeties down in the box to the equivalent of LBs. In the 3-2-6 we will play fast but dbs must be able to tackle. Good pickup.
Got to be transitional type guys that have some decent size, very good explosive power and can run. If too small or too lanky, they will get leveraged pretty quickly. The counter is to keep them on the move and out of 1 v 1 static read and shed assignments. I need to do some studying on this scheme. Should be fun to watch with a lot more unpredictable, dynamic pressure applied.

Reaction Score
Welcome Rob.

Is funny how Edsall is back, and the recruiting looks like it used to under him previously.

Kids who can really run. Even if they are 2 stars, the speed is obvious.

"You may be able to knock me down but ya gotta catch me first!"

Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN Rob! Man did we need a speed upgrade on the roster which was apparent watching the second half of our season as well as the bowl games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom