2017 targets? | The Boneyard

2017 targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who are our 2017 targets? Have any of them been offered scholarships and are any visits planned?

I know that Megan Walker came for first night in 2014 is she planning a trip back?

Is the staff still pursuing Jade Williams? Does she have and offer or is she visiting?

Who else is the staff targeting?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCONN is believed to be interested in the following 2017 recruits: Megan Walker, Jade Williams, Lexi Gordon, Ladahzia Williams, Mikayla Cooms, & Danielle Patterson. It is unclear which of these players actually have a UCONN offer. It would be hard to believe that Megan Walker doesn't not have a UCONN offer.
Andra-Espinoza-Hunter does have a UCONN offer at at the moment is the only UCONN commit for 2017.
There are at least two other other very talented 2017 recruits Kasiyahna Kushkituah & Rellah Boothe whose names keep coming up among those players that UCONN "should" be interested in per amateur prognosticators like yours truly.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UCONN is believed to be interested in the following 2017 recruits: Megan Walker, Jade Williams, Lexi Gordon, Ladahzia Williams, Mikayla Cooms, & Danielle Patterson. It is unclear which of these players actually have a UCONN offer. It would be hard to believe that Megan Walker doesn't not have a UCONN offer.
Andra-Espinoza-Hunter does have a UCONN offer at at the moment is the only UCONN commit for 2017.
There are at least two other other very talented 2017 recruits Kasiyahna Kushkituah & Rellah Boothe whose names keep coming up among those players that UCONN "should" be interested in per amateur prognosticators like yours truly.

Patterson is down to four schools and UConn is not among them. Boothe has never seemed to be in the UConn picture and Kushkituah's name hasn't been connected with UConn in more than a year and a half.

Reaction Score
Has Geno or Staff been out to see Walker or Jade Williams in their high school games as of late? In my opinion, they are the 2 players I would like to see UConn get for the class of 2017.

Reaction Score
I want Walker,J.Williams and either Littleton or Coombs for 2017.In 2018 a mere sweep of Decosta,Collier,C.Williams,Prince,and Scott-Grayson would be just fine with me.They would be numbers 1,2,3,4,and number8 according to espn in that class.I chose one player all the way down to number 8 because i didn't want to seem too greedy.

JS

Reaction Score
Patterson is down to four schools and UConn is not among them.
Not sure that list is engraved in stone. I believe there's been UConn/Patterson contact since then but couldn't say how strong a pulse the relationship has.

Reaction Score
I like the sound of all of those commits. Fingers crossed that we get a few of them.

Do we know if any of these targets have scheduled visits to campus? I know C. Williams is coming sometime in January. Collier was supposed to come watch the Notre Dame game but I heard she didn't make it.

I thought that Patterson announced her list of 4 schools and UConn was not one of that list.

Reaction Score
Also has there been interest between D. Littleton and UConn? She is a great player, but I haven't heard that there was interest prior. I am happy if there is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure that list is engraved in stone. I believe there's been UConn/Patterson contact since then but couldn't say how strong a pulse the relationship has.

Interesting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Has Geno or Staff been out to see Walker or Jade Williams in their high school games as of late? In my opinion, they are the 2 players I would like to see UConn get for the class of 2017.
Megan Walker was at this year's First Night in October.

Reaction Score
HuskyNan said:
Megan Walker was at this year's First Night in October.

I thought Megan attended First Night 2014 and Lauren Cox attended this year?

Reaction Score
Yes, I believe Megan was at first night in 2014.

Did Geno do a home visit with Littleton?

JS

Reaction Score
I thought Megan attended First Night 2014 and Lauren Cox attended this year?
Correct. Speaking of Walker attending UConn events, it'll be interesting to see if she shows up at Madison Square Garden tomorrow night. UConn and MD are both on her announced short list and it's her school's winter break. (She had games to play just before and after UConn/ND in Storrs). If she makes the trip, it'll be something of a rebuff to the rumors occasionally posted here that Walker to ND is a foregone conclusion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With Bokin's departure there are more minutes available at the Big forward position suddenly. Morgan will be gone so a starting position will be available.

Reaction Score
I don't put much behind the Megan being a ND lean. If she was so interested she would have committed by now. We heard that Cox was a ND lean too and she ended up at Baylor. A lot of people like to stir the pot.

Reaction Score
Walker down to Maryland and Notre dame

Muffet will be really upset if Walker doesn't go to ND. Remember this ?
"Walker to Notre Dame is really not a secret in the AAU world anymore. The only home visit that Walker and her family put on social media was ND. I'm also being told that ND told 2 other highly ranked wings that they weren't recruiting them anymore because of a promise that Walker would be there."
Maybe she'll be able to plead momentary insanity to those "2 other highly ranked wings" that ND isn't recruiting anymore. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One Month ago you said:
Walker to Notre Dame is really not a secret in the AAU world anymore. The only home visit that Walker and her family put on social media was ND. I'm also being told that ND told 2 other highly ranked wings that they weren't recruiting them anymore because of a promise that Walker would be there.
Today you say:
Walker down to Maryland and Notre dame

So Megan has expanded her list?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
There ya go.
So a Winter Break trip to the 'Garden' to see #1 vs. #6 in your sport is a rebuff to rumors that she's a heavy lean to ND? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom