2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 60 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually, it was before he left. I remember posters mocking Saulin after Rhule left.
That brings up a good point though. Since Diaco has been fired, how many of his staffs recruits/targets have now committed to P5 schools?

Reaction Score
Can he play as a true freshman?
Lashlee will make that determination. But, I wouldn't count the kid out of the mix. He's got the physical tools, he's smart, and he's played against good competition in high school....and won.

Reaction Score
Posted this in the Lane Kiffin thread on the football board, wanted to put it here as well. Kiffin pulled the scholly of DJ Charles (5'9, 190). I hope HCRE gets in on this kid. He can come in and compete at CB, immediately. Great cover and ball skills, solid tackler and plays aggressive.
Ok....somebody alert HCRE that DJ Charles is available. I watched the first two plays of his highlights.....I'm sold!!!

EDIT: After watching the whole tape. DJ Charles can come in a compete at CB, immediately. He has tremendous cover and ball skills, also a solid tackler, who plays aggressive.

EDIT: After some research, he was likely under-recruited due to his 40-time (4.80). I think the kids instincts make up for his lack of straight-line speed. There's speed, then there is football speed. This kid has football speed.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Posted this in the Lane Kiffin thread on the football board, wanted to put it here as well. Kiffin pulled the scholly of DJ Charles. I hope HCRE gets in on this kid...
Awesome tape, but what do you have to do for Lane Kiffen coaching in Conf USA to pull your ride when you have an explosive reel like that?

Reaction Score
Posted this in the Lane Kiffin thread on the football board, wanted to put it here as well. Kiffin pulled the scholly of DJ Charles. I hope HCRE gets in on this kid...

Not for nuttin but the reaction by some here if the previous staff offered this kid (w/ his current offers) would have been interesting. ;)

Reaction Score
Awesome tape, but what do you have to do for Lane Kiffen coaching in Conf USA to pull your ride when you have an explosive reel like that?
Maybe it was his 4.80 40-time??? I still like his football instincts as a CB or S.

Reaction Score
That is a different Josh Thompson. The one that had a UConn offer committed to Stephen F Austin yesterday.

Schlit... we're even.

(heck - I even checked back in the thread and still picked wrong one).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wrong kid - he was asking about Gerrik Vollmer.

Is he related to Sebastian Vollmer at all? Seems an odd coincidence. Another German OL named Vollmer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dammit. I thought this kid was the biggest must-retain in the class.

And so maybe the Tulane game has consequences afterall...

I was just wondering this morning if something was up with this recruit because little had been said and Edsall & Co keep adding DBs. If we don't have Swenson, then our incoming class looks something like Brayden Brown/CR or S, Olaniyan as S, Fortt as S, and Swann as CR. Add Beavers as the nickel LB. Just a guess here.

Reaction Score
And so maybe the Tulane game has consequences afterall...

I was just wondering this morning if something was up with this recruit because little had been said and Edsall & Co keep adding DBs. If we don't have Swenson, then our incoming class looks something like Brayden Brown/CR or S, Olaniyan as S, Fortt as S, and Swann as CR. Add Beavers as the nickel LB. Just a guess here.
when the Brown commit came through, I was wondering about Swenson's verbal to us.. How many DBs are we actually taking in this class? Clearly was going to affect that commit... and, IMO, the commit of TE Fitton probably has to be shaky right about now too... haven't heard much from him...
*side note to huskymedic* I believe Garrison Burnett is recruited as a WR

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Swenson visiting Tulane this weekend?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Swenson visiting Tulane this weekend?

Not buying that this kid is a goner. He's visiting Tulane, not a P5 school. Plus Tulane is about as low down the AAC pole as we are. I could be wrong and the kid could be gone, hence all the DB recruits lately, but I'm not buying it yet. He might just be looking and could still stay committed after the visit.

I agree that he, along with McAfee, were the two I wanted to keep. Hopefully this is just a visit and then a realization that UCONN is where he wants to stay!

Reaction Score
One unforeseen (by me at least) bonus of this coaching change has been the new staff's activity level on twitter. Admittedly, I didn't follow a lot of the coaches on the old staff, but just based on what I see posted on this board, it seems like this staff is much more active on Twitter. I can't get enough of it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
One unforeseen (by me at least) bonus of this coaching change has been the new staff's activity level on twitter. Admittedly, I didn't follow a lot of the coaches on the old staff, but just based on what I see posted on this board, it seems like this staff is much more active on Twitter. I can't get enough of it.

Edsall is a young 58.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog