Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CJ Lewis to BC

Drip Lewis ✞ ‏@SavageLew_14 1m 1 minute ago
MERRY CHRISTMAS
S/o to @Hayesfawcett3 for the edit. #WeAreBC #SoarEagle #DecideToFly
20.jpg

Reaction Score
Well this no longer means anything lol. Hope you're ready medic, it's going to be busy.

Reaction Score
according to Uconn Country all recruits so far plan on honoring their commitments
for now...
let's be realistic. Once the new coaching staff is finally in place then we'll truly know.. Nobody signs on the dotted line until starting NLI day...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. He committed to Fordham last week.
It shows the low regard that CT high school football is held in by the rest of the country when a kid is one of the best the state has ever produced, has games with over 500 yards and signs with Fordham.

Reaction Score
It shows the low regard that CT high school football is held in by the rest of the country when a kid is one of the best the state has ever produced, has games with over 500 yards and signs with Fordham.

Davis is really good, and I hope Edsall and co take a look at him, but he's not the best RB that the state has ever produced. Newsome, Lutrus, Torrey Mack, Octavius McKoy, Montreal Dobbs, and many more were better backs in HS

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Davis is really good, and I hope Edsall and co take a look at him, but he's not the best RB that the state has ever produced. Newsome, Lutrus, Torrey Mack, Octavius McKoy, Montreal Dobbs, and many more were better backs in HS
"one of the best the state has ever produced". I'm speaking about statistically.

Reaction Score
"one of the best the state has ever produced". I'm speaking about statistically.
Davis had an unbelievable SENIOR season, but it's really hard to judge how he compares to others before him. He didn't exactly play against the who's who of CTHSFB. Against the two respectable teams on Sheehan's schedule, Cheshire and Hillhouse, he was good.

Cheshire (L, 56-18) 22-171-1
Hillhouse (L, 50-26) 27-178-3

It'd be unfair to Davis to compare him to others. His teams never made the playoffs and he was "good" against good teams. The others that JMick mentioned were great on the big stage.

Does that mean Davis couldn't help UConn? Not at all. He's 5'11, 175. He'll get bigger and stronger. He's played Other positions and he's a track star. It wouldn't hurt to see if he'd be interested in UConn, but I would have to think it would be as a PWO, with a chance to earn a scholly. He could certainly help on special teams.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It's good that we have NFL-level players from MA that Edsall coached and can use as positive examples on the trail. I for one believe that we can do better in MA than we have done in recent years and that we will benefit greatly from increasing recruiting there...
We struggled to recruit mass - there were no direct flights...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
4.4 speed - shifty - explosive... Edsall, let's get this kid.

Temple WR commit Raheem Blackshear talks Rutgers offer, comparisons to Janarion Grant

Does Blackshear end up an Owl?

"As of right now, I don't know," he said. "I'm still talking it over with my family."

UConn and Rutgers are the latest schools to offer. But UConn may no longer be on the table with former head coach Bob Diaco being fired and replaced by Randy Edsall.

Blackshear will take official visits to Temple on Jan. 13, Michigan State Jan. 20 and Rutgers on Jan. 27. So the Scarlet Knights will get the final opportunity to convince him to make his pledge.

"I'm just looking for a school that has what I want to major in (engineering and business) and a school that will help me best become a man," Blackshear said.

However, he has yet to decipher which school that is.

"At this moment right now," he said, "I don't have a front-runner."

Nor does he have a decision date in mind.

"I don't have a particular date," he said. "If I feel a school is best for me, I'm going to take it then and there."

Reaction Score
Jordan Scott@Jordan1Scott 1 hour ago · Linden
Blessed to receive an offer from Uconn

Jordan Scott is a 5-6 163lb/(5-7 150lb)"Athlete" from St Joseph Regional High School in Montvale, NJ. University of Rhode Island, Stetson, Gannon University

Interesting article from back in June from Todd Hunt who covers New Jersey High School recruiting and was @ the N.J. Select Football Showcase.

>>Fastest 40-yard dash - The fastest 40-yard dash time went to St. Joseph (Mont.) athlete Jordan Scott, a 5-7, 150-pound junior, originally out of Linden, N.J. "That kid Jordan Scott, man -- holy cow -- 4.367 on the laser," said Todd Smith. "That's probably one of the fastest high school times I've ever seen in my life. If you ran sub 4.5 on the hand time, we sent you over to the laser to get a real laser time on you. So I guess he ran some obnoxious hand time and they were like you've got to go over to the laser. And then he went over to the laser and he ran 4.367."<<

Jan 1️⃣ ‏@Jordan1Scott 2m 2 minutes ago
Rhode Island and Uconn official visits this month

Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Aapri Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  2. Jeffrey Hubbard (CB) - Woodward Academy, College Park GA (Colorado State Commit 7/18/16>Decommit 12/6/16)
  3. Lester Axson Jr. (CB/WR) - Foundation Academy, Winter Haven, Florida
  4. Sandro Maxwell (TE/DE) - Berkley Prep High, Tampa Florida
  5. Zamari Maxwell (CB/Athlete) - Pinellas Park High School, Largo Florida
  6. Joshua Maize (DE) - Deerfield High School, Deerfield Illinois
  7. Noah Hamlin (WR/DB) - Clarion High School, Clarion PA
  8. Savon Cooper (LB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn GA
  9. Liam Fornadel (OL) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  10. Justus Harris (CB) - Roswell High School, Roswell, Georgia
  11. Dawson DeGroot (Safety/WR/Athlete) - Fort Myers High School, Fort Myers Florida
  12. Josh Thompson (WR/DB) - Garland High School, Garland Texas (BC Commit 0/12/16>Decommit)
  13. Johnathan Lovett (RB/SS) - Cherokee High School, Marlton New Jersey (Rutgers Decommit 11/14/16)
  14. Michael Smith (WR) - Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida.
  15. Jordan Scott (Ath) - St Joseph Regional High School Montvale, New Jersey
  16. Owen Kessler (DE) - Westfield High School, Westfield New Jersey.
  17. Alex Wilcox (DT) - University Christian School, Jacksonville, Florida.(Wofford Decommit 12/14/16)
  18. Brendan Devera (LB/QB) - Wayne Hills High School, Wayne NJ. (UNH Decommit 12/19/16)
  19. Darrian Beavers (Safety/WR) Colerain High School, Colerain Ohio
  20. Ibrahim Kante (DE) - Trinity-Pawling High School, Pawling New York via Cardinal Hayes, Bronx New York
  21. Zac Barnard (TE/DE) - Peddie School, Hightown New Jersey
  22. TJ Rayam (DT) Peddie School, Hightown New Jersey via Alabaster, Alabama
  23. Kesean Gamble (RB/MLB) Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Cincinnati Ohio.
  24. Samuel Laurent (WR/DB) - Xaverian Brothers High School, Westwood MA
  25. Sam Crawford (WR/DB - Rockwall High School, Rockwall Texas.
  26. Elliott Brown (WR) - The Taft School, Watertown via CH Flowers High School, Springdale MD
  27. Dymetri McKenzie (LB/RB) - North Broward Prep, Coconut Creek, Florida
  28. Octavian Williams (OT) - Lithonian High School, Lithonian GA
  29. Chris Chukwuneke (RB/DB) - St. John Vianney High School, Holmdel NJ
  30. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (UConn Commit 4/2/16)
  31. Abiola Bebe Olaniyan (CB) - Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest VA (UConn Commit 6/14/16)
  32. Ryan Dickens (LB/FB/LS) - Raritan High School, Hazlett New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/15/16)
  33. Ryan Fitton (TE/DE/P) - Staples High School, Westport CT (UConn Commit 7/4/16)
  34. Ian Swenson (CB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette Illinois. (UConn Commit 7/22/16)
  35. Brian Keating (C/LS) - Darien High School, Darien CT. (UConn Commit 7/2016 - PWO)
  36. Jake Byczko (TE/OLB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (UConn Commit 7/27/16)
  37. Omar Fortt(DB/WR) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (UConn Commit 8/7/16)
  38. Max Cummins - (DL) - All Saints Episcopal School, Ft Worth Texas (UConn Commit 12/11/16)
  39. Dallas Hobbs (TE/DE) - Deerfield Academy via Washington High School Cedar Rapids Iowa (UConn Commit 12/11/16)
  40. James Tunstall (OL) - Lackey High School, Indian Head Maryland (UConn Commit 12/11/16)
  41. Ryan Van Demark (OL) - The Hun School, Princeton New Jersey (UConn Commit 12/12/16)
  42. Jordan Swan (CB) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore Maryland (UConn Commit 12/19/16)
  43. Stanley Hubbard III (OL) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC. (UConn Commit 12/19/16)
  44. Raheem Blackshear (WR/RB/DB) - Archbishop Woods High Scjhool, Warminster PA Temple Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  45. Cornell Jones (MLB) - Miami Central High School, Miami Florida (FIU Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  46. Caleb Thomas (DT) - Mansfield High School, Mansfield, TX (Nevda Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  47. Jeremiah Miller (WR/DB) - Sun Valley High School, Monroe North Carolina (Coastal Carolina Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  48. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)
  49. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York (Wisconsin Commit 3/24/16)
  50. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Michigan Commit 3/28/17>Decommit 12/14/16>BC Commit)
  51. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA (UVA Commit 4/2/16)
  52. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD (Maryland Commit 4/9/16)
  53. Brandon Sebastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (BC Commit 4/9/16
  54. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 4/15/16)
  55. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT (Michigan Commit 5/7/16)
  56. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (Rutgers Commit 5/16/16)
  57. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15>Decommit> BC Commit 5/24/16)
  58. MJ Jarrell (WR) - Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Florida (Maryland Commit 6/2/16)
  59. Issac Hawn (OL) - St Charles North High School,Elgin Illinois (NIU Commit 6/3/16)
  60. Kenny Pickett (DT QB) - Ocean Twnshp High School, Oakhurst New Jersey (Temple Commit 4/9/16>Decommitt 5/16/16>Pitt Commit 6/4/16)
  61. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA (FSU Commit 6/4/16)
  62. Darian Street (WR/CB) - Liberty High School, Bethlehem PA (Pitt Commit 6/6/16)
  63. Zachariah Burton (DB/WR) - William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware (UVA Commit 6/12/16)
  64. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY (Northwestern Commit 6/13/16)
  65. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA (WVA Commit 6/14/16)
  66. Marcus Valdez (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, New Jersey (BC Commit 6/22/16)
  67. Cody Lamb (OL) - Miamisburg High School, Miamisburg Ohio (Cincinnati Commit 6/22/16)
  68. Robert Topps III (CB) - Marist High School, Chicago Ill. (Kansas Commit 6/22/16)
  69. Dakota Davis (OL) - Gleneig High School, Gleneig Maryland (Syracuse Commit 6/24/16)
  70. Andrew Stueber (OL) - Darien High School, Darien CT (Michigan Commit 6/25/16)
  71. Cameron Jordan (WR/DB) - Hills West High School, Dix Hills NY (Syracuse Commit 6/26/16)
  72. Matt Hankins ( CB) - Marcus High School, Flower Mound Texas (Iowa Commit 6/27/16)
  73. Olakunle Fatukasi (OLB) - Grant Street Campus School, Brooklyn, NY (Rutgers Commit 6/28/16)
  74. Rob King (Safety/QB/Athlete) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA. (Temple Commit 7/1/16)
  75. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.(Syracuse Commit 7/2/16)
  76. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA (Louisville Commit 7/3/16)
  77. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC (Maryland Commit 7/6/16)
  78. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT (Yale Commit (7/7/16)
  79. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Notre Dame Commit 7/8/16)
  80. Darius Corbett (WR/CB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida (Toledo Commit 7/9/16)
  81. Mike Tverdov (DE) - Union High School, Union NJ (Rutgers Commit 7/13/16)
  82. Russell Thompson-Bishop (WR/QB/SS) - Bloomfield High School, Bloomfield CT (Syracuse Commit 7/21/16)
  83. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida (USF Commit 7/24/16)
  84. Markus Vinson (DB/RB) - Damascus High School, Damascus Maryland (Richmond Commit 7/25/16)
  85. Mason Cholewa (DE/DT) - Montour High School, McKees Rock PA (UCF Commit 7/27/16)
  86. Thabo Mwaniki (Athlete) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas (OK State Commit 7/30/16)
  87. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida (Syracuse Commit 7/31/16)
  88. Curtis Harper ( DT/G) - McKeesport High School, McKeesport PA (Syracuse Commit 8/1/16)
  89. Max Fisher (WR) - Gonzaga High School, Washington DC. (NC State Commit 8/2/16)
  90. Grant Donaldson (LB/FB/P) - DeMatha Catholic High School. Annapolis, Maryland (Air Force Commit 8/5/16)
  91. Dan Sichterman (DE/OLB) - Kings High School, Kings Mill, Ohio (Ball State Commit 8/9/16 > Decommit/Iowas State Commit 10/30/16)
  92. Jason Pinnock (CB/WR) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (BC Commit 8/12/16)
  93. Hunter Long (TE) - Deerfield Academy via Exeter High School, Exeter New Hampshire (BC Commit 8/13/16)
  94. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida (OSU Commit 8/22/16)
  95. Diego Fagot (LB) - Calvary Christian Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Navy Commit 9/11/16)
  96. Erik Mueller (LB/FB) - Wheaton North High School, Wheaton Illinois (Northwestern Commit 9/17/16)
  97. Carter Warren (OT) - Passaic County Tech Institute, Wayne New Jersey (Pitt Commit 10/8/16)
  98. Rob Saulin (DE/TE) - Pennsville Memorial High School, Pennsville New Jersey (UConn Commit 4/16/16 > Decommit> Temple Commit 11/29/16)
  99. Ted Field (OL) - The Salisbury School CT via Glen Mill PA. (Georgia Southern Commit 12/3/16)
  100. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Michigan Commit 12/14/16)
  101. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY (UGA Commit 12/16/16)
  102. Jahmin Muse (Ath/WR/S) - Elizabeth High School, Elizabeth, NJ (BC Commit 12/17/16)
  103. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Tennessee Commit 7/23/16>Decommit 11/22/16>BC Commit 12/25/16)
  104. DJ Edwards (WR) - Palm Beach Lakes High School, West Palm Beach Florida (Purdue Commit 12/31/16)
  105. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey (Maryland Commit 1/1/17)

Reaction Score

Sometimes it just shows speed and size. Larry Taylor was a small school player of the year in Florida and we were the only school willing to offer him. It didn't mean no one respected Florida football. It just means that high school success doesn't necessarily transfer to FBS football if you don't have the athletic measurables.

Reaction Score
Sam Crawford ‏@_SamCrawford_ 8m8 minutes ago
Excited to receive an offer from the University of Connecticut #Huskies

Sam Crawford is a 6-0 188lb WR/SS from Rockwall High School in Rockwall Texas. 20 offers including ECU, USF, Tulane, Navy, Utah State, Colorado State, New Mexico State, Texas State, Fresno State, Nevada, Army, Air Force, BGSU, Northern Ill. and Holy Cross amongst others.

Sam Crawford 2016 Senior Season

Sam Crawford ‏@_SamCrawford_ 2m2 minutes ago
Just touched down, excited for my 1st official! #AirForce

Reaction Score
KRJ_586:53pm via Twitter for iPhone
Taking an official visit up to UCONN this week @UConnFootball

Joshua Johnson is a 6-5 240lb DE from Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee Georgia.
Josh Johnson highlights -

Joshua Johnson Retweeted
Kelly Quinlan ‏@Kelly_Quinlan 6h 6 hours ago
#GaTech is one of many in the mix for a talented DE from Peachtree Ridge

From the GaTech Rivals Article:

>>"I've already taken an official visit to UConn. This weekend I'm going to Samford then the next weekend Kentucky and after that Georgia Tech for official visits. The last weekend is open and I will decide where I'm visiting based on the left over schools that I have interest in," he said. The Jackets have not offered yet, but Johnson says Roof is very high on him and an offer is in the works.<<

>>The Huskies are not out of the mix. Johnson says new head coach Randy Edsall has already reached out and wants him in Storrs. "The new staff at UConn likes me a lot. I haven't met with coach Edsall yet, but they are supposed to come down this month," he said.<<

Current offers from: Charleston Southern, Georgia Southern, Charlotte, Mercer and Samford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom