2017 Commit #4- Ryan Dickens (Hazlet, NJ) - Decommitted | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 Commit #4- Ryan Dickens (Hazlet, NJ) - Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, maybe he'll come and focus on special teams

This seems like a favor, somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Diaco from Jersey

There are probably 100 kids in CT who are undersized and slow, but play hard

Nobody has said he's done getting offers. If you're going to make your case, do it without putting words in other people's mouths.

Of course there are outliers but by and large kids with better offer lists turn out to be better players. Arguing otherwise is just stupid.

Reaction Score

This seems like a favor, somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who knows Diaco from Jersey

You must be a hoot at parties.

Did you watch the video? Just curious.

Reaction Score

Incessantly posting on this topic knowing it's a public forum and recruits come to this board means one of two things:

First, you are not a UCONN fan, but a sad little troll;

or

Two, you are an idiot.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I fell like JSM began posting more as soon as Touchdown Husky disappeared. . . Could they be one and the same?

JSM is Husky91, he got banned and somehow they were fine with letting him post under a different handle.

Reaction Score
Count me among those who would prefer to welcome and complement new recruits on their initial commitment to UConn thread. Can we save the negative critiques for separate threads on evaluating the incoming class? Guys haven't played a single down yet!

Reaction Score

What the heck are you babbling about now? The kid could turn out to be the next Lawrence Wilson, Sio Moore, or Scott Lutrus. We don't know.

Reaction Score
If, once the class is finished, we end up with a bunch of guys with FCS offers I will be concerned. Last year's class started similarly to this year's, and ended up with a pretty good % of the commits having offers from FBS (and a fair number of P5) schools.

If more than one coaching staff believes a kid can play, it's more likely that the kid can actually play. It's not a difficult concept.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dickens look exactly like the kind of kid others will come knock on the door for come December. He's a production machine.

Reaction Score
You can't underestimate athleticism. I was a very strong tennis player and good basketball player.

Nothing frustrated me on a tennis court like a guy with half my skill and power but tremendous speed to get the ball back over the net time and time again. Nothing bothered me on a basketball court like a guy that was faster and could jump higher. Even if they had no skills they were game changers on D and rebounding and could stop me from scoring rather easily.

These guys Diaco looks for have the physical ability to compete at a high level. I think we have to take their offers with a grain of salt. He isn't recruiting just good football players, he's recruiting guys with the physical ability to be good players. I think we can trust he knows how to spot the right guys based on his personal fitness and his track record putting together a good defense. The overall athletic profile really matters.

Reaction Score
UConn LB commit Ryan Dickens says Giants' Bennett Jackson helpful throughout recruitment

>> But the biggest resource that helped Dickens with his collegiate decision was his relationship with Raritan alumnus and New York Giants safety Bennett Jackson, who he now has multiple ties to. "I'm very close with Bennett Jackson," said Dickens. "He has been kind of a mentor for me throughout the whole process. He actually played for Coach Diaco as well when he was at Notre Dame."<<

>>Dickens plays Mike linebacker for the Rockets, and expects to remain inside for the Huskies, and their 4-3 defense, when he arrives on campus next summer.

"I'm excited to see what happens. It's a great defense from me," said Dickens. "Coach Diaco was a linebacker in college and his career and he wanted to build a defense around the linebacker, basically. And he said I'm a perfect fit. So now it's time to get to work."<<

Reaction Score
After seeing others this week. DB, BD and the Athletic Department needs to step up their game a bit w/ official offer letter layout/graphics:

Ryan Dickens@ryan_Dickens334 hours ago
Official Scholarship offer came in the mail today! #UCONN
20.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get Diaco in a P5 and he will be slaying our northeast competitors when it comes to recruiting. Get a P5 patch on this guys UConn sweater and just sit back and enjoy.

Love that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul