2017 Baseball hall of fame class | The Boneyard

2017 Baseball hall of fame class

Reaction Score
Pudge was the one guy who was a no brainer, Bagwell was always borderline to me and Raines to me was always Hall of very good but I never thought of him as a HOF. What are your thoughts?

Reaction Score
Clemens and Bonds are getting closer just put them in already get it over with.

Reaction Score
Pudge was the one guy who was a no brainer, Bagwell was always borderline to me and Raines to me was always Hall of very good but I never thought of him as a HOF. What are your thoughts?

Surprised Pudge got in first ballot with his steroid allegations when they made Piazza wait for less. I think Posada deserved more than 1 year on ballot (though he didn't deserve to get in).

Reaction Score
Surprised Pudge got in first ballot with his steroid allegations when they made Piazza wait for less. I think Posada deserved more than 1 year on ballot (though he didn't deserve to get in).

Agreed across the board.

Reaction Score

I wasn't thinking of steroid because I could care less if a guy took steroids or not, 80 percent of baseball took them. Steroids got fans back into the game mlb looked the other way until Canseco opened up his mouth about Steroid use in baseball (it was effed up what he did but he was right). Then the league turned on the players, to cover up their own tracks.

Reaction Score

Yeah Posada got screwed.

Reaction Score
I wasn't thinking of steroid because I could care less if a guy took steroids or not, 80 percent of baseball took them. Steroids got fans back into the game mlb looked the other way until Canseco opened up his mouth about Steroid use in baseball (it was effed up what he did but he was right). Then the league turned on the players, to cover up their own tracks.

I agree with you, it's just weird they punished Piazza and Bagwell by making them wait while Rodriguez gets in first ballot when I think everyone else Canseco named was proven true.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, it's just weird they punished Piazza and Bagwell by making them wait while Rodriguez gets in first ballot when I think everyone else Canseco named was proven true.

Your right, although this could be good for Bonds and Clemens and eventually Arod. I was just thinking of my thoughts of watching them during their career, out of the 3 Pudge was a no brainer Bagwell you had to think about as borderline, and Raines I always thought he was very good but never great.

Reaction Score

Tim Raines is NOT a hall of famer, in my opinion. What "requisite" numbers does he have?

I feel like letting in a guy like Raines and even a guy like Rice is a counter to not having Sosa, Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Palmiero in the Hall. The reigns get loosened because you can parade a guy up on stage and overlook the fact that the greatest players of this generation (with or without PED's) aren't in there.

Reaction Score
Once you open the gates, which Piazza did, they're all getting in. How Bagwell and Pudge got in and not Clemens and Bonds for that matter is amazing to me? Both deserving due to numbers but please, no doubters in the hall of cheating. When Pudge stopped he was still pretty good, had warning track power but could hit and catch - he was half the man he used to be body wise when using though it was so obvious it was laughable.

Tim Raines, very very good baseball player for years, HOF? Not what I was thinking but damn close.

Sorry either all or none - now let the Palmiero's, Rockets and Barry's in too no denying them.

Reaction Score
Once you open the gates, which Piazza did, they're all getting in. How Bagwell and Pudge got in and not Clemens and Bonds for that matter is amazing to me? Both deserving due to numbers but please, no doubters in the hall of cheating. When Pudge stopped he was still pretty good, had warning track power but could hit and catch - he was half the man he used to be body wise when using though it was so obvious it was laughable.

Tim Raines, very very good baseball player for years, HOF? Not what I was thinking but damn close.

Sorry either all or none - now let the Palmiero's, Rockets and Barry's in too no denying them.

Tim Raines was an a very underrated player on those Yankee teams, a great veteran clubhouse guy.

Reaction Score
I really don't get Raines -- a guy who never finished higher than 5th in the MVP voting and didn't make the All-Star team in any of his final fourteen seasons is a Hall of Famer?

No. No he's not.

Reaction Score
I really don't get Raines -- a guy who never finished higher than 5th in the MVP voting and didn't make the All-Star team in any of his final fourteen seasons is a Hall of Famer?

No. No he's not.

Love the guy, a guy everyone would like on their team no doubt but that does not make you a HOFer, not sure what they're thinking although I am happy for him!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tim Raines is NOT a hall of famer, in my opinion. What "requisite" numbers does he have?

I feel like letting in a guy like Raines and even a guy like Rice is a counter to not having Sosa, Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Palmiero in the Hall. The reigns get loosened because you can parade a guy up on stage and overlook the fact that the greatest players of this generation (with or without PED's) aren't in there.
Rock Raines played 23 seasons. Guess how many he appeared in 150 games or more.

Close. Just six seasons. Guy was hurt a lot. But man, he had a great stretch between 1982 and 1987. The rest of the time he just compiled.

If Rock gets in then Mattingly should, too.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
IRod was the best catcher of the 90s. All Star for 14 seasons and perrennial Gold Glove winner. Being a Ranger I didn't follow him closely so I wasn't aware of 'roid rumors until a few years ago. But he played on the team with the Roid Crew that sucked ARod into that crap.

Piazze was the watershed moment for 'roiders whether suspected or not. The Hall is opening up.

IRod is a legot HOFer, to me.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Bagwell...a real headscratcher. Stats show a player who just barely crossed over fron very good to probable HOF. But in the playoffs he an absolute no-show.

A ROY. A MVP. Not bad. Always a top batter on his teams first sharing the limelight with Craig Biggio 9compiler) and later, Lance Berkman.

I'm okay with his entry but it makes me wince a bit.

Reaction Score
IRod was the best catcher of the 90s. All Star for 14 seasons and perrennial Gold Glove winner. Being a Ranger I didn't follow him closely so I wasn't aware of 'roid rumors until a few years ago. But he played on the team with the Roid Crew that sucked ARod into that crap.

Piazze was the watershed moment for 'roiders whether suspected or not. The Hall is opening up.

IRod is a legot HOFer, to me.

He was basically a coach behind the plate on that 03 Marlins team, and 06 Tigers doing it with a young unproven pitching staff.

Reaction Score
I almost forgot Pudge was a Yankee at one time, for 2 months.

Reaction Score
Lots of Statheads love Raines. His JAWS is probably what got him in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom