2017-2018 UConn Home Opponents | The Boneyard

2017-2018 UConn Home Opponents

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Monmouth screams banana skin, however, would be a solid RPI win.

Reaction Score
Very excited that based on this it looks like Villanova @ home is going to happen, always fun to have a home game against an old big east foe on the schedule

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Woohoo look at that home non conference schedule! Another great year of games at Gampel!

Reaction Score
If you're gonna complain about the lack of quality games ITT, fine, but please just save us time now and acknowledge that you're never going to be anything but bitter and miserable for as long as we're in the AAC. Because given our situation, that's about as good as you're ever going to get. It's 10x better than what we got last year. The world will keep spinning without you complaining for the fifth year in a row that we're playing ECU and South Florida. Really, it will.

And not that I'm unknown to whine myself, I'll also note the presence of Colgate, Columbia, and Coppin State. Those three are gonna drag down our RPI.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This really kind of cements the idea that we need to go back to the Big East. Way too many games I don't even want to go to and honestly, only three I really even want to see. I don't care about Wichita State no matter how good they are, same with Tulsa. I'm seeing my passion for the program deplete more and more and as hard as I try, I am more interested in the message board than I am the games. I'd rather read about the team than watch it.

I am a football fan and I travel to games so I want to protect football, but if there is any way to play just football in the AAC, we better do it. I'm very concerned that the AAC strategy for all sports is rapidly turning into a major strategy miscalculation. If we hired Billy Donovan and started beating AAC teams by 20ppg I'd still find this schedule horrifying and uninteresting. I don't think the fan base wants to see us beat ECU by 20 any more than it wants to see SMU beat us by 20. It seems like a no win situation. Even if we bounce back strong this year, I think we'll see lousy basketball attendance.

Reaction Score
I agree with Hoophound. I have bled blue since the days of Toby Kimball and have experienced the highs and lows. Being in a conference such as The old Big East and being one of top programs in the country was unbelievable. But going back to being a mediocre program in a mid major conference is draining my enthusiasm. I have said it before why isn't someone held accountable for this situation? It is costing us millions to be in this BS conference.

Reaction Score
Woohoo look at that home non conference schedule! Another great year of games at Gampel!

They could have improved the non-conference schedule. If they had dropped out of the decade's premier showcase tournament.

Reaction Score
Why are people complaining about the non conference schedule? The non conference schedule contains Arizona, Villanova, Syracuse, Auburn, Oregon, potentially 2 other top 25 teams, Monmouth (who is very good), and BU who is typically a strong Patriot league team. Columbia could be decent. Coppin St and Colgate will stink but 2-3 easy wins isn't the worst thing in the world when the remainder of your non conference schedule is against very strong opponents

Reaction Score
If you're gonna complain about the lack of quality games ITT, fine, but please just save us time now and acknowledge that you're never going to be anything but bitter and miserable for as long as we're in the AAC. Because given our situation, that's about as good as you're ever going to get. It's 10x better than what we got last year. The world will keep spinning without you complaining for the fifth year in a row that we're playing ECU and South Florida. Really, it will.

And not that I'm unknown to whine myself, I'll also note the presence of Colgate, Columbia, and Coppin State. Those three are gonna drag down our RPI.
Given this slate and our non-conference slate the only problem we will have with our RPI is if we don't win games.

Reaction Score
This really kind of cements the idea that we need to go back to the Big East.

I am a football fan and I travel to games so I want to protect football, but if there is any way to play just football in the AAC, we better do it.
kfsky.jpg

Reaction Score
We want home to be an advantage to us. Nova is a tough one. The rest, if we are the cream of the crop in the aac we should handle business and have a good record and make the tournament this year. We don't need a tough schedule if we can't handle an easy one. And yea out away games for ooc are no joke this year either.

Reaction Score
Coming off last year, I'm excited about this line-up. Glad we have at least one marquee OOC home game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Coming off last year, I'm excited about this line-up. Glad we have at least one marquee OOC home game.
Sad but true. There are four good home games this year: Villanova, WSU, SMU, and Cincy. Last year we only SMU and Cincy as far as good games.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea what the TBD there is? Low major? Another big game?

Reaction Score
Could be anything. Played 6 scrub teams in 14&16, and 5 in 15&17. Currently at 5. Believe there was a quote a few months back about wanting to tone back the OOC a little bit, but who knows. Hope its a bigger name team even though we are likely to get waxed.

Reaction Score
No idea but I would love to start playing Yale again. In state obviously and they should be good with Makai Mason back

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know there's a couple BU alums on this board so no offense but why the hell do we keep playing BU? If we're gonna play a local team who might beat us I'd rather play Quinipiac or UHart or something.

Reaction Score
Hey, I hated posting it and I've been a "stay positive, stay the course" guy on this subject. Just saying, we are in tough shape and in the Big East we will recruit better. With a possible coaching change, if it comes to that, we can come back to what we are accustomed to. I don't want to drop football, I don't want to play football in the MAC and I don't want to root against the AAC. Just saying, basketball is getting downright depressing and we need something much, much better from our program and from our conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom