2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Wichita State and SMU lose games because they can't make free throws to put the game away...

Reaction Score
Patrick Stevens@D1scourse
12. Central Connecticut has a three-game winning streak for the first time since 2014 and is .500+ six or more games into a season for the first time since 2012-13 --- all w/o coach Donyell Marshall, who's been on leave this month and due back Monday.
10:43 AM - Nov 25, 2017

Reaction Score
Zona???? wtf

Arizona as a 4 or 5 seed (at full strength) in March would not put a smile on the face of that 1 seed lined up in that region. It is still early. The season is a marathon. Playing your best in March should always be the goal. If not mistaken they only get USC once though @Zona so that doesn't help.

Reaction Score
The Arizona thing is just really baffling. Even without Atkins, there was nothing to suggest that this was in the cards. You can get on Miller for not winning the big games, but until now this type of under-achieving does not have a precedent in his tenure. It's not even the fact that they lost to Purdue as much as it is the way they lost. Something is seriously wrong there. Maybe the scandal is lingering over them, maybe it's the make-up of the players, maybe there's friction in the locker-room. For our sake I certainly hope they turn it around, but I'm not sure I recall a team looking this bad in November and then going on to be the sort of team Arizona was supposed to be.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
UCF up 1 at half in a pretty big game for them against St. John’s. UCF needs to win as many games as they can with BJ taylor out

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Arizona thing is just really baffling. Even without Atkins, there was nothing to suggest that this was in the cards. You can get on Miller for not winning the big games, but until now this type of under-achieving does not have a precedent in his tenure. It's not even the fact that they lost to Purdue as much as it is the way they lost. Something is seriously wrong there. Maybe the scandal is lingering over them, maybe it's the make-up of the players, maybe there's friction in the locker-room. For our sake I certainly hope they turn it around, but I'm not sure I recall a team looking this bad in November and then going on to be the sort of team Arizona was supposed to be.

It’s not expected but it’s not the season either.

Oregon looked TERRIBLE last November and made the FF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s not expected but it’s not the season either.

Oregon looked TERRIBLE last November and made the FF
You mean they looked better in March than they did in November?

Hmm. Stupendous Juanita said only Izzo's teams do that.

Reaction Score
You mean they looked better in March than they did in November?

Hmm. Stupendous Juanita said only Izzo's teams do that.
You're getting pretty good at this whole lying thing. It's hilarious getting called out by someone who doesn't watch any of the games.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're getting pretty good at this whole lying thing. It's hilarious getting called out by someone who doesn't watch any of the games.
But it's so fun because you're such an easy mark, and so cute when you're fluttering.

Reaction Score
But it's so fun because you're such an easy mark, and so cute when you're fluttering.
You're trying way too hard. Watch some games and add some of your own insights instead of making up things about other posters.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're trying way too hard. Watch some games and add some of your own insights instead of making up things about other posters.
I always stumble early and never look all that good out of the gates, almost always a completely different poster come March. I am similar to Calhoun in that regard. Whereas, like Boeheim you look like a world beater early and level off late.

Reaction Score
Let's go Oregon.....show Phil Knight some love and close out the Sooners!

We need you to be a good team this year.

Reaction Score
The Alabama=Minnesota game is interesting. There was a fight on the floor and Alabama had their entire bench ejected. Bama had a guy foul out then with ten minutes to play they had a guy get hurt, leaving them with only 3 players on the floor and they outscored Minnesota 26-16 during that period. They ended up barely losing

Tide hoops forced to play with 3 in 5-point loss

Reaction Score
Cuse Maryland on now and watching Cuse drive almost every play into the lane, they don’t shoot the 3 well 2-13 so far. We are going to foul a lot trying to stop them. They are tall and long going against our 3 or 4 little guards. They get the rebound and putback and that is trouble for us as I see it today.

Reaction Score
^^ Given the style of play of both Virginia and Wisconsin I think I would prefer a root canal, sans anesthetic, over watching that one.

Reaction Score
USF loses to Elon in OT.

ECU up 6 against UNC Wilmington at the half.

Memphis down 19 against UAB at the half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom