2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Kind of like I am fixing the wall sconce in my basement. I can't fix it myself, and I don't want to pay what it will cost someone else to come in and fix it, so I don't do anything about it.

Don't worry, it's an easy fix.

Reaction Score
Man the more I think about it I feel so bad for USF, Taggart was a Tampa Native, all his twitter posts were about going to Rays and Bucs games with his kids. All that stuff. I honestly think he will have better success at USF. In Oregon he is going to have to win the Pac-12 North in less then 3 years with some very good teams....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Coaches just don't like to retire...do they? It's amazing these guys in their 60s are willing to move and start over again with a new team....and a lesser team. He just keeps moving down the coaching ladder.

It's been going on for a long time too. Lou Saban spent 6 years at a SUNY school in the late '90s. He was over 70 at the time.

Reaction Score
This made me laugh... Source: Temple has talked with former Texas coach Charlie Strong

>>Charlie Strong, the recently fired University of Texas head coach, has talked to Temple about its head coaching vacancy, according to a source familiar with the situation. The source couldn't gauge the interest of Strong, but said there was a discussion. "They had a conversation with Strong, that is a fact," the source said.>>

Reaction Score
Coaches just don't like to retire...do they? It's amazing these guys in their 60s are willing to move and start over again with a new team....and a lesser team. He just keeps moving down the coaching ladder.

Even at a lower FBS, it's still a lot of money to leave on the table. I assume he'd make >500k at FAU. A few years there and you've further padded your retirement and set up your kids/grandkids. Tough to turn that down.

Reaction Score
This made me laugh... Source: Temple has talked with former Texas coach Charlie Strong

>>Charlie Strong, the recently fired University of Texas head coach, has talked to Temple about its head coaching vacancy, according to a source familiar with the situation. The source couldn't gauge the interest of Strong, but said there was a discussion. "They had a conversation with Strong, that is a fact," the source said.>>

See multiple tweets from Temple player/recruits #LetitSnow #LetitSnow #LetitSnow

?DC Phil Snow getting job?

Reaction Score

USF Pursues Charlie Strong To Replace Willie Taggart

>>Sports Talk Florida sources confirmed Strong could be named the new USF coach by the end of the day Friday.

There is no white smoke coming out of the Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center, but the two sides are talking. No word as of yet coming from USF athletic Director Mark Harlan.

The 56 year old Strong brings USF stability to the program. According to sources close to Strong tells Sports Talk Florida that he wants a school where he can be for the rest of his career.<<

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is better. He can recruit, he solves problems and he manages games very well

Reaction Score
From a 2-4-7 story:

>>Strong in Tampa today, but there's competition

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Bulls247 that former Texas Longhorn coach Charlie Strong will be in Tampa today to discuss the head coach position at USF.
Strong has been in talks with USF for the past 24 hours, but as of last night there had been no job offer. That could change today when Strong arrives in Tampa.

Strong is the clear number one target right now for the head coaching position at USF. But the Bulls have competition and it's coming from a familiar name. I can confirm that Willie Taggart has also been in contact with Charlie Strong about possibly becoming the defensive coordinator under Taggart at Oregon.

Even if Strong is offered the job today, I do not expect a decision to be made at the meeting. A source close to Strong tells me he's planning to take a day or two to decide. Of course, this all depends on if he's offered the job today while in Tampa.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom