2016 AAC Tournament Bracket | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 AAC Tournament Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. . . let's not pretend that teams in this conference bring the same level of focus and intensity . . . a big bullseye with our success.
Oh please. Bullseye my ass. We finished 5th in the conference last year and 3rd this year and haven't been ranked for all but a few weeks of that two year stretch and we've got an SMU message board poster joking that they'd prefer to play the men's team rather than the woman's team because they "really need a win."
Whatever bullseye we may have had a couple of years ago has faded with our regular season success, so please finish the circle jerk and let's get on with trying to get back where we were.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Would SMU be the first place team, if they keep first place, or would they be exempt
Not sure because temple was in 1st at the time and we were 0-2 and Tulsa was 1-1. @tcf15 do you have a list of the top 4 tie break scenarios? Hypothetically could have 4 teams finish with 6 losses Houston, Cinci, Tulsa and UConn for seeds 2-5.

Reaction Score
So Tulsa beats UCF and Cincy beats Houston, we play Houston and then Temple ? Sign me up. I will gladly take that schedule with a shot at Cincy/Tulsa in the championship game.

Reaction Score
Oh please. Bullseye my ass. We finished 5th in the conference last year and 3rd this year and haven't been ranked for all but a few weeks of that two year stretch and we've got an SMU message board poster joking that they'd prefer to play the men's team rather than the woman's team because they "really need a win."
Whatever bullseye we may have had a couple of years ago has faded with our regular season success, so please finish the circle jerk and let's get on with trying to get back where we were.
I disagree. Happens all the time. Like playing Penn State in football. They're not great but most teams still get up for that match up. We're arguably the most successful bball program of the last 20 years. I'm not saying anyone's scared of us, but they definitely circle us when the schedule comes out.

Reaction Score
Feel free to join actual reality at any time, buddy. If you're a 20 yr old college player, we won the national championship when you were 3, won again you were 8, were in the final four again when you were 13, national champions again when you were 15, and national champions again when you were 18. But you're right, I'm sure it's exactly the same as all the other teams with no accomplishments because we finished 5th in the league last year and are 3rd this year.

You ever notice how when we play teams on the road, a good percentage of the time they pan to the crowd to show one of the home team's greatest players from the past? Which do you think is more likely, that Oscar Robertson attends all Cincinnati home games, or that he looks at the schedule at the beginning of the year and picks a couple high profile games to go to, and one of those is ours?

That was a great joke by the SMU poster though, aside from the fact that it's literally the most generic go-to insult used to make fun of our men's team by every other college message board on the internet over the last decade, and the fact that SMU's season is over in 2 games regardless, so they don't really "need" any wins.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Here's the updated bracket and games remaining for the top 5:
  1. Temple: Memphis, @Tulane
  2. Cincinnati: @Houston, SMU
  3. Houston: Cinci
  4. Tulsa: USF
  5. Connecticut: @SMU, UCF

Iwfubjg.png

I would sign for this now, except by "moving up" to play Memphis (potentially), it would likely mean we're safe, come selection sunday. I'd take the angst deletion over the better matchup.

Reaction Score
I would sign for this now, except by "moving up" to play Memphis (potentially), it would likely mean we're safe, come selection sunday. I'd take the angst deletion over the better matchup.
What would make us safe: (1) that moving up means we beat SMU and UCF (because then I agree), or (2) that Memphis would be an easier win (true in theory but you vastly underestimate this team's ability to throw a good situation out the window)?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Here's the updated bracket and games remaining for the top 5:
  1. Temple: Memphis, @Tulane
  2. Cincinnati: @Houston, SMU
  3. Houston: Cinci
  4. Tulsa: USF
  5. Connecticut: @SMU, UCF

Iwfubjg.png
We get to avoid UConn, Tulsa and Temple until the finals? Yummy. I hope it stays like this!

Reaction Score
We get to avoid UConn, Tulsa and Temple until the finals? Yummy. I hope it stays like this!
Unfortunately for you guys, this is spring frost. You play Houston, and so they either fall to the 4-5 game, or beat you and force you to the 4-5 game.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what the tiebreakers would be in the event of a 3 way tie between Houston, Cincinnati and Tulsa? Assuming Temple wins the league.

Reaction Score
Looks like win or lose for both teams over the weekend it will be Cincinnati-UConn in the first round if the AACT, unless Tulsa somehow loses to USF at home and Cincinnati beats SMU.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Looks like win or lose for both teams over the weekend it will be Cincinnati-UConn in the first round if the AACT, unless Tulsa somehow loses to USF at home and Cincinnati beats SMU.
As long as it's not at improper fraction arena, we can beat them.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think @kobe mentioned this at one point, but if the 4/5 matchup is UConn vs Cincinnati, that will be the 12th time in a little over 3 years that they've played each other. And it's pretty much even - 6 wins for Cinci and 5 wins for UConn.

Reaction Score
I think @kobe mentioned this at one point, but if the 4/5 matchup is UConn vs Cincinnati, that will be the 12th time in a little over 3 years that they've played each other. And it's pretty much even - 6 wins for Cinci and 5 wins for UConn.
Let's avoid that until the title game, if possible.

Reaction Score
Seems pretty simple. Need to win 2 to get in. Getting by Tulsa only gets to Temple again. That would essentially be a play in game.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Let's avoid that until the title game, if possible.
We'd need Tulsa to lose at home to USF and Cincinnati to beat SMU. UConn is locked into the 5 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom