2016 AAC Baseball Championship | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2016 AAC Baseball Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At various times during the tournament and during today's game Chris Jones on WHUS has said that the coaching staff decided early on that Anthony Kay will not start tomorrow. Jones did say to expect Kay to come out of the bullpen tomorrow. Jones is always talking to the coaching staff, so he knows.

I expect Zapata will get the start tomorrow. Zapata started the season in the weekend rotation, bumped down to midweek, and after a series of poor outings did not see the light of day from mid March until recently when he had two solid midweek starts. I'm guessing that like Rossomando today, he will be on a short leash.

Reaction Score
In the post game interview Coach Penders compared Rossomando's bad outing to that of Montgomerie's disastrous start last year during the AAC tournament. Montgomerie had a great leap forward this season, and Penders expects Rossomando to show similar improvement next season for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
No reason to think he can't. Stuff is there just needs to be harnessed. A summer on cape won't hurt either. Easy to forget how inconsistent wills was just a few months ago. With the loss of Kay we are gonna need this kid to compete with zapata to be the number three starter on weekend series next year
I thought it was great of penders to back the kid and show confidence in him when at times he has thrown a couple kids under the bus after tough outings.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess the coaching staff has been telling tall tales to Chris Jones all week about Anthony Kay not starting the championship game. Kay is on the mound for today's game, and Bobby Melley is back in the starting lineup:

CjoXrQNWsAEwzkS.jpg:small

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, I guess the coaching staff has been telling tall tales to Chris Jones all week about Anthony Kay not starting the championship game. Kay is on the mound for today's game, and Bobby Melley is back in the starting lineup:

This is huge. The lineup was out of sorts without Melley and having your best pitcher starting (regardless of how long) is a confidence boost for the team.

Reaction Score
Sigh, we got a birthday barbecue going on today starting at 1pm. I've got grill duties, which definitely will limit my silly posts to this thread.

Reaction Score

Wow very surprised to see him coming back with Kay on 3 days rest. Nice to see Melley back, we need him.

Reaction Score
Suspensions are over for Devin Over and Jack Riley as well, according to Chris Jones. Violation of team rules for them all.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Vidales hits a hard grounder just past Yahn's dive, and UH has a runner in scoring position.

Reaction Score
That didn't look like a HR on TV, but I'll take it. Looked like it hit below those lines, but I'm not complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom