2016-17 Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016-17 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did you forget we're in the AAC until now?

I'm assuming its the crippling sadness and realization that this is and has been our schedule for the last few years. Our OCC is great, our in conference is awful. Cincy is about the only exciting team left with SMU and Memphis as big "?"

The other poster is right though, we either dominate or have not much to complain about.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Any story to be told about this, z? This seems like a pretty strong game to be exiled to the BTN.

My understanding from when I saw the date of the game was this was a strong possibility. There was not a lot of availability on CBS, and the game being at OSU means it falls under the Big Ten contract.

It's a chance for them to have a sexy game on their network. It's rare but not totally unprecedented.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
OK, I dug a little deeper on it from the CBS side. Basically, the date- which is entirely on Ohio State- is the problem.

December 10th, CBS has ND-Villanova leading into the Army-Navy game. CBS is not going full national in prime time for regular season college basketball. Ever. ESPN has FCS playoff obligations but that's all the FB for the day.

I'm also attaching the CBB TV for that day from Matt Sarz' great website.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 21

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
First time season tix buyer here, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a no brainer to buy a Gampel season tix over an XL one?
I've been to a few games at xl and have had season tix at gampel for six years. You'll get overall better teams at xl but the atmosphere at gampel is light years better. Not even close. So much louder with way more students attending.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The CBSSN games are going to cause me some headaches.

Need to find a streaming service for CBSSN.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been to a few games at xl and have had season tix at gampel for six years. You'll get overall better teams at xl but the atmosphere at gampel is light years better.

If by light-years you mean occasionally better, I agree.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The CBSSN games are going to cause me some headaches.

Need to find a streaming service for CBSSN.
Depending on tv provider you can stream CBSSN now.

Reaction Score
Hope to make a weekend game up at Gampel or XL this winter along with the Sunday game at Temple, which is just a 2 hour drive from North Jersey, and the G-Town game in DC, though that is inauguration weekend, which means that 1) hotel rates will be high and 2) the city maybe burning down if Clinton or Trump get elected. Made that it looks like I will not be able to catch the 'Cuse game at MSG as I will be in the Philippines for work.

Reaction Score
No one can ever say you are not consistent. Wake up, search posts involving XL, defend XL to death, go to bed. Repeat.

Reaction Score
Northeastern, wagner, BU. Awful ! yet, I will be there. Do our young players gain anything playing those teams ? May be in a few years it will be Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas.
I do not think you understand how scheduling works............

A potential OOC schedule of Ok State, UNC, Oregon, Gtown, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Auburn is pretty darn good.

Reaction Score

The environment around say Oklahoma at the XL will of course be better than Gampel when Wager is visiting. But, if the quality of the opponent is the same, I'll take Gampel. More students, closer the to the floor, on-campus, etc. I would rank Gampel first followed by MSG and then XL in terms of best home game environments for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I do not think you understand how scheduling works..

A potential OOC schedule of Ok State, UNC, Oregon, Gtown, Ohio State, Syracuse, and Auburn is pretty darn good.

Reaction Score
There's the big word - potential. Potentially we don't play UNC and Oregon. Then our sos takes a hit.

Reaction Score
There's the big word - potential. Potentially we don't play UNC and Oregon. Then our sos takes a hit.
The potential is there for our SOS to take a hit, but it is unlikely. We already play Oklahoma St. Assuming we win, we play the winner of UNC/Chaminade. I would expect UNC to win that game meaning we play them. In the third game, no matter what, I think we would play either Georgetown, Oregon, Wisconsin or Tennessee. So assuming Chaminade doesn't beat UNC at minimum from Maui we end up with Oklahoma St, UNC and then either one of those four schools. That isn't bad at all. Throw in Georgetown again (our regular OOC matchup), Ohio St, Syracuse, Auburn and that isn't a bad schedule. Again, we need to win our games. We win our games and SOS isn't a problem.
If we were to lose to Oklahoma St, get Chaminade in the second round and then get Georgetown or Tennessee in the third game then the potential isn't as good. But if that happens we aren't going to be that good anyway most likely. We don't have to worry about SOS if we win our games.

Reaction Score
The potential is there for our SOS to take a hit, but it is unlikely. We already play Oklahoma St. Assuming we win, we play the winner of UNC/Chaminade. I would expect UNC to win that game meaning we play them. In the third game, no matter what, I think we would play either Georgetown, Oregon, Wisconsin or Tennessee. So assuming Chaminade doesn't beat UNC at minimum from Maui we end up with Oklahoma St, UNC and then either one of those four schools. That isn't bad at all. Throw in Georgetown again (our regular OOC matchup), Ohio St, Syracuse, Auburn and that isn't a bad schedule. Again, we need to win our games. We win our games and SOS isn't a problem.
If we were to lose to Oklahoma St, get Chaminade in the second round and then get Georgetown or Tennessee in the third game then the potential isn't as good. But if that happens we aren't going to be that good anyway most likely. We don't have to worry about SOS if we win our games.

Reaction Score
Georgetown, Ohio St and Auburn are not very good teams. Contrary to what most seem to think they will not boost our RPI much.
So if we lose to Oklahoma St we may not play a top 15 team all year.

Reaction Score
Georgetown, Ohio St and Auburn are not very good teams. Contrary to what most seem to think they will not boost our RPI much.
the team has to come out of the gates winning i agree, you can't get behind the eight ball like last year.

Reaction Score

Ohio State should be at the very least a tournament team. They return pretty much everybody from a group that went, I think, 11-7 or 12-6 in the Big 10 last year. I'd be surprised if they weren't a top 50 team, and top 25 isn't out of the question at all - they have a lot of talent, and even though they were very young last season, they made a lot of progress over the course of the season and may have had a chance at dancing had injuries not bit them. Going to their place in early December, I think we'll be dogs. That would be a great OOC road win.

Georgetown was a mess last year, but they have talent (a guy like Copeland could break out), and they're typically not bad two years in a row. Again, that game being on the road, the committee will look fondly on that sort of win in March.

Just like it was obvious that a team like Ohio State was going to struggle last year, even when they were branded as a marquee opponent, it's equally evident that assuming a team that was mediocre last year is going to be mediocre again is overly simplistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom