2016-17 Ceiling? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016-17 Ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are no series in college basketball. 7 game series like in the NBA, most of the time prove who the best team is. One and done tournaments just show who is playing the best (or catching breaks) at the right time. So, there are probably more than 20 teams that have a high enough "ceiling" to win a national championship. The key for this team is to be more dominant in the AAC then we have been the last 2 years. Cutting down on the hard to explain losses will make a nice record look like a great record. Winning the conference regular season should be the goal, and I think it is attainable.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There are no series in college basketball. 7 game series like in the NBA, most of the time prove who the best team is. One and done tournaments just show who is playing the best (or catching breaks) at the right time.
To a certain extent, conference/NCAA tourneys are an even more effective barometer than series against a single opponent. If you sweep a series, it says something. But if you eke out a win in the last game of a series, it often doesn't. Having to win X # of games in X # of days, against (theoretically) increasingly difficult opponents, is tougher than having to win 4 out of seven against the same team, as far as I'm concerned. That's what makes 2011 so damned special, in my eyes. Yes, they got as close to a cupcake in the final game as possible in the NCAAs. But that team wasn't going to lose regardless.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
To a certain extent, conference tourneys are an even more effective barometer than series against a single opponent. If you sweep a series, it says something. But if you eke out a win in the last game of a series, it often doesn't. Having to win X # of games in X # of days, against (theoretically) increasingly difficult opponents, it tougher than having to win 4 out of seven against the same team, as far as I'm concerned. That's what makes 2010 so damned special, in my eyes.
2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS