2015 SG Prince Ali | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 SG Prince Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No thanks. We have that position covered next season. Need a low post scorer and some rebounding beef. Even as a freshmen, 38/30/50 shooting is not good for a shooting guard.

Gimme another Shonn Miller. Gimme one 3 inches taller, all the better.

Reaction Score
We under-filled Adams' class, so it makes sense to add another back in (via transfer). But probably should be a big.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'm going to say an 18 year slighted Ollie when all the kid was trying to do was trying to figure out his future. No easy task, and at that point Purvis was being called a Ferrari in waiting at the 2, and we were favorites to land Adams too.

If he's afraid of competition we aren't a good fit. There's also the chance that he just realized his coach was awful and wasn't helping him develop. Obviously Diallo is going to be the priority, but there's room for both.

I agree, but I just wish he didn't decommit a whole year after he verbaled and frequently posted pro-UConn stuff, especially during the championship run. I am sure that Ollie had other irons in the fire, but nonetheless, it is also true that kids committed elsewhere while he was committed to UConn, and it's also true that UConn didn't land a shooting guard in that class. So... we can still use one extra body at shooting guard next year.

Reaction Score
I want him but mainly just for more Aladdin themed posts love that movie

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't want anymore transfers that slighted us the first time around. This isn't a homeless shelter.

No, but we are a school that wants the best basketball players available. If he is one of them, I want him. If not, I don't. Whether he jilted us in the past would be of no consequence in my decision.

Reaction Score
The irony is, while he probably wouldn't have averaged too many minutes more than he did for UCLA this year, next year he would have been lined up to receive probably a great many minutes, and especially so if Purvis does end up leaving. I'm not convinced that we are going to see Larrier at the 2 very much.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lol.

That said, I don't really have a problem myself. Purvis has been successful (despite some grumblings here), and I have high hopes for Larrier. Ali would be a nice addition, I think. We'll have space for him, and even if we have Diallo I think he'll have playing time.

I would be surprised if we're his top option, though.
Purvis didn't verbally commit to Ollie and the program. Big difference IMO.

Reaction Score
If Prince Ali transferred here, how would Pete Gillen pronounce his name??? I can hear it now....

Pete: Kevin Ali says has a mustang in the garage he can't drive in Prince Ollie, during his transfer year...

Reaction Score
If Prince Ali transferred here, how would Pete Gillen pronounce his name??? I can hear it now....

Pete: Kevin Ali says has a mustang in the garage he can't drive in Prince Ollie, during his transfer year...
This is a little off the topic but, I was driving through Rhode Island while PC was playing Villanova and found the PC radio broadcast on the radio. Whoever does the color during their broadcast literally sounds like Cliff Clavin from Cheers. I got a huge laugh listening to the game. Their play by play guy was horrible too.

Reaction Score
If KO wants him, I trust his judgement.

That said, Ali transferred twice in his last two years of high school, and once already in college. Feels like a pretty big stability risk.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, my remaking priorties:
- A big with muscle
- Someone who can hit the 3. We lose two of our better 3 point shooters in Gibbs and Calhoun - and we want to get even better from 3!

Reaction Score
- A big with muscle
- Someone who can hit the 3. We lose two of our better 3 point shooters in Gibbs and Calhoun - and we want to get even better from 3!
I think we need guards more than bigs. For Guards next year we have Jalen, Purvis, Gilbert and Cassell, bigs we have AB, Facey, Enoch, Vance as a stretch 4, Diarra and Durham if he doesn't redshirt, with Dham and Larrier being more wing type players.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Lol.

That said, I don't really have a problem myself. Purvis has been successful (despite some grumblings here), and I have high hopes for Larrier. Ali would be a nice addition, I think. We'll have space for him, and even if we have Diallo I think he'll have playing time.

I would be surprised if we're his top option, though.

There is a difference.

I don't hold a grudge against Purvis ( or any other recruit) who chooses another school over us.

I don't like when some commits and then tries to " better deal" us.

No thanks.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Its is always about character and loyalty.

Reaction Score
I am in the no thanks camp on this one. Sometimes baggage simply trumps talent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is a difference.

I don't hold a grudge against Purvis ( or any other recruit) who chooses another school over us.

I don't like when some commits and then tries to " better deal" us.

No thanks.

Reaction Score
- A big with muscle
AG hit over 50% from the arc in his senior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom