2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
how do you not get the ball in buddys hands??? either from the beginning or on a kick

Reaction Score
Big win for Michigan over Purdue. First game back for LeVert but doesn't look like he did much.

Definitely a big win for them and us. I imagine they'll draw some top 25 votes this week.

Gonzaga @ SMU later is an interesting game. Gonzaga needs to win that if they want an at-large.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Definitely a big win for them and us. I imagine they'll draw some top 25 votes this week.

Gonzaga @ SMU later is an interesting game. Gonzaga needs to win that if they want an at-large.
texas at isu also

Reaction Score
Jesus it is near impossible to watch a basketball game involving Puke without Dookie V on the mic. Are even Puke fans not sick of him? I feel like if he was at every UConn game lapping at JC's balls, we would still eventually get tired of him

Reaction Score
Jesus it is near impossible to watch a basketball game involving Puke without Dookie V on the mic. Are even Puke fans not sick of him? I feel like if he was at every UConn game lapping at JC's balls, we would still eventually get tired of him

Every time I've heard him do a UConn game, that's been exactly what he's done, and no, I'm not tired of it. Vitale loves UConn.

Reaction Score
Every time I've heard him do a UConn game, that's been exactly what he's done, and no, I'm not tired of it. Vitale loves UConn.
So you'd want to listen his incessant obnoxious raving and ranting 20+ times a year?

And are we sure that Allen's foot didn't touch the floor before he threw that up?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Allan's right foot hit the ground when he shot that

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Pretty clearly too. And he took 3 steps before getting the shot off as well.

Not a single word by that blabbering idiot about it either

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Yeah his foot was definitely back on the floor before he released the ball. That's not reviewable right?

Reaction Score
Virginia and Duke both tried to give the game away a few times there. Duke will be back in the top 25, and deservedly so, but I think they get smacked by North Carolina.

Props to Allen for redeeming himself after gagging two points away at the line a few seconds earlier. Kid clearly isn't scared of the moment.

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone might be in some trouble here. Looks like he just slammed a Wisconsin players' head into the floor.

Meanwhile, if you want an idea of how wide open college basketball is this season, the #2 team in the country is down 35-19 at home to Wisconsin. I thought I heard the announcers say Maryland went 15.5 minutes without a field goal, which is almost too extraordinary to believe.

Edit: I can't believe how badly Wisconsin got screwed there. Somehow, Stone's head shove warranted double-technicals. He should have been gone.

Reaction Score
If I were that kid in the Michigan crowd, who ESPN is now going out of their way to find and highlight "hurr derp you might remember this fan from the MSU Michigan football game..." I'd be parlaying that in to becoming Michigan's BigRed/BlueWhiteKid.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Zebras hosing Texas for 2nd straight Big 12 road game, Ebay called for block on critical play that was an obvious charge...5th foul, changed momentum

caw

Reaction Score
2, 3, 7, 11, 13, 24, 15, 18, 21, 25 all drop today. SMU still playing. Crazy year.

Other 25 losses this week: 23, 4, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 5, 10, 8, 24, 13.

So that's double losses for 11, 13, 15, 24.

Only 1, 6, 9 didn't lose this week of the top 10.

That collapse to Temple was a big opportunity lost. Could have easily jumped into the top 25.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I went to the Cal vs. Oregon State game today. Cal won 83-71, but could/should have won by about 25 since they shot 26-44 (!!!) from the line. It was an insane amount of fouls - like our game against Memphis, but worse.

Jaylen Brown is going to go very high in the draft, and whoever gets him is getting a good player but not a superstar. My guess is he'll be a Jae Crowder-type at the next level (though he definitely needs to work on his jumper). Rabb, meanwhile, has some tools but definitely needs to continue to work on being more than just a rebounder & rim protector. Bird had 23 and made some shots, but that's more the exception than the rule with him.

Cal have a lot of drive-and-kick playmakers, including the senior Tyrone Wallace who averages 4.5 apg, and is a likely second-round pick. But like us they don't really have a true PG.

Oregon State weren't super talented, save for Gary Payton Jr. and Tres Tinkle. I don't know if Payton will shoot it well enough to be a pro, but he throws good skip passes, defends like hell and is long/athletic. He did have trouble turning the corner with the ball in his hands, though that may have been more because Cal repeatedly packed the lane so there was nowhere to go. I could see him being a Patrick Beverly-type at the next level.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This SMU-Gonzaga game is good.
I'm already having nightmares of the thought of what both moores are going to do to us.
We better be up 25 with 5 minutes to go or we're screwed.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
This SMU-Gonzaga game is good.
God I wish we'd gotten Josh Perkins. Of all the recruits we've missed out on over the last 4 years, he's the one who'd have helped the most.

Reaction Score
God I wish we'd gotten Josh Perkins. Of all the recruits we've missed out on over the last 4 years, he's the one who'd have helped the most.

Yeah, he'd have been a big get. Bonzie Colson of Notre Dame is another guy that comes to mind. I don't remember how hard we recruited him, but I know there was interest at one point.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Yeah, he'd have been a big get. Bonzie Colson of Notre Dame is another guy that comes to mind. I don't remember how hard we recruited him, but I know there was interest at one point.
We made it pretty clear he was a back-up plan. I don't think he ever seriously considered us, and vice versa.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I went to the Cal vs. Oregon State game today. Cal won 83-71, but could/should have won by about 25 since they shot 26-44 (!!!) from the line. It was an insane amount of fouls - like our game against Memphis, but worse.

Jaylen Brown is going to go very high in the draft, and whoever gets him is getting a good player but not a superstar. My guess is he'll be a Jae Crowder-type at the next level (though he definitely needs to work on his jumper). Rabb, meanwhile, has some tools but definitely needs to continue to work on being more than just a rebounder & rim protector. Bird had 23 and made some shots, but that's more the exception than the rule with him.

Cal have a lot of drive-and-kick playmakers, including the senior Tyrone Wallace who averages 4.5 apg, and is a likely second-round pick. But like us they don't really have a true PG.

Oregon State weren't super talented, save for Gary Payton Jr. and Tres Tinkle. I don't know if Payton will shoot it well enough to be a pro, but he throws good skip passes, defends like hell and is long/athletic. He did have trouble turning the corner with the ball in his hands, though that may have been more because Cal repeatedly packed the lane so there was nowhere to go. I could see him being a Patrick Beverly-type at the next level.
Always appreciate a good analysis, keep it up.

Reaction Score
An especially devastating play since they lost the freaking game in overtime.
Hey, that loss is more ammo for the "fire Josh Pastner" crowd. You'd have to think that a school that was able to land Calipari, ought to be able to pull in a pretty good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom