2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So in this Boise St/Colorado St game Boise was inbounding with 0.8 seconds left in OT. They make the game winner, the ball clearly is out of the shooters hands before the buzzer/light, but officials rule that the operator didn't start the clock right on time. They then timed the play themselves and determined that it was 1.1 seconds and called it off. There is no way it took dude 1.1 seconds to get it off. They then lost in the 2OT.

Wow that shot was good. I've never heard of the refs doing that before.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Slow mo replay of the Boise St shot. It looks to me as if the clock starts about .1-.2 seconds late but ball is out of his hands with .3 on the clock. That's crazy they overturned that.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Slow mo replay of the Boise St shot. It looks to me as if the clock starts about .1-.2 seconds late but ball is out of his hands with .3 on the clock. That's crazy they overturned that.

Terrible, feel bad for Boise here .8 is plenty of time to get a shot off and the kid shot it as soon as he caught it. The way the refs treated it was no way he could've possibly got it off in time, just plain bad.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Providence is a two man team and although very talented Dunn still is too turnover prone and still way too streaky with his shot. They have been calling him their best player ever and saying this one of the best PC teams ever. I've always kind of liked Providence but they are a sad bunch. Think about how sad it is that this is the team they have been waiting 20 years for.

So I just went over to their board. I have had an anon troll handle over there for years. I use it sparingly. They can't sniff out that Im a Husky fan because I just post as a negative PeeCee fan and inflame stuff, which makes it very easy to blend in because if you think this board after a loss is bad, you should see theirs. They are the most bandwagon'y fans Ive ever seen (It must be Providence's proximity to Foxboro) and they just get absolutely out of their minds. They are totally, totally melting down right now. Our friend FriarJ? He is offering to send people his phone number via PM so they can meet face to face and fight.

You want some laughs head over.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
...wait until Bubble Watch gets updated (today probably) and their numbers start to get under a microscope.

Reaction Score
So I just went over to their board. I have had an anon troll handle over there for years. I use it sparingly. They can't sniff out that Im a Husky fan because I just post as a negative PeeCee fan and inflame stuff, which makes it very easy to blend in because if you think this board after a loss is bad, you should see theirs. They are the most bandwagon'y fans Ive ever seen (It must be Providence's proximity to Foxboro) and they just get absolutely out of their minds. They are totally, totally melting down right now. Our friend FriarJ? He is offering to send people his phone number via PM so they can meet face to face and fight.

You want some laughs head over.
It has been 20 years since they won an NCAAT game, being ranked in the Top 10 and knowing this year will finally end the drought only to have reality set in and realize they are still PC has to be crushing.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It has been 20 years since they won an NCAAT game, being ranked in the Top 10 and knowing this year will finally end the drought only to have reality set in and realize they are still PC has to be crushing.
They're down to 53 in KenPom and BPI. They'd really better start winning soon.

Reaction Score
They're down to 53 in KenPom and BPI. They'd really better start winning soon.
Doesn't get any easier for them over the next three games: vs. Georgetown, @ Xavier and @ Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Only a few weeks ago people were longing for the days when UConn would be ranked top 10, and there was even some talk of trading that kind of relevancy for a national championship. Rather than a "fluky" 2011 or 2014 performance.

Now the tables are turned when we see top 10 teams in January drop out of the rankings altogether by mid-February. Duke and Providence.

Reaction Score
Doesn't get any easier for them over the next three games: vs. Georgetown, @ Xavier and @ Seton Hall.
Lucky for them that losing to Marquette took away a sub-100 loss, since Marquette jumped into the Top 100 after sweeping them. A loss is a loss, but it did some strange work in prettying their resume.

August_West

Reaction Score
Lucky for them that losing to Marquette took away a sub-100 loss, since Marquette jumped into the Top 100 after sweeping them. A loss is a loss, but it did some strange work in prettying their resume.
We can only hope that Marquette now loses out.

Reaction Score
You know the BY went in to full meltdown when this thread dropped to page 3 overnight.

Isaac Hamilton with 15 at the half in UCLA vs Arizona. I'm sure at least one of you morons would try to endorse a trade of brothers Hamilton.

August_West

Reaction Score
It happens every time. I've got to change my ways. The universe has been trying to tell me for quite a while and I've resisted. Any time I take overt pleasure in the misfortune of a providence or a Syracuse at a particular time it seems that UConn gets bit in the ass at the next opportunity. My wife calls it karmic retribution.
I will stop and I apologize to my fellow Husky fans.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Big games today for uconn. Texas at ISU, zags at SMU, Purdue at Michigan. Not for uconn. Virginia at duke to keep duke unranked

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It happens every time. I've got to change my ways. The universe has been trying to tell me for quite a while and I've resisted. Any time I take overt pleasure in the misfortune of a providence or a Syracuse at a particular time it seems that UConn gets bit in the ass at the next opportunity. My wife calls it karmic retribution.
I will stop and I apologize to my fellow Husky fans.

I thought the same exact thing about my recent single post even mentioning our friends from Rhode Island in a negative light.

Apologies, my Providence friends. Apologies.

Reaction Score
Providence is smacking Georgetown. I've asked this before, but at what point - if any - does Georgetown look to make a coaching change? It's been almost a decade now since they've been past the first weekend.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought the same exact thing about my recent single post even mentioning our friends from Rhode Island in a negative light.

Apologies, my Providence friends. Apologies.
I still keep the fire alive by checking in at UMass Hoops. Those poor bastards have been cursed by hoping JC dies when he was first diagnosed with cancer. Strange, I thought they could never lose enough to satisfy me yet they are really trying.

Reaction Score
Georgetown just cut it to 3 with under 3 minutes left after being down by 26 at one point.

Reaction Score
Remember all the PC trolls who came to complain about UConn's FT differential against G'town and that the refs gave us the game? Wonder how they feel about this game and their current +21 FT differential.

Reaction Score
Big win for Michigan over Purdue. First game back for LeVert but doesn't look like he did much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom