2014 UConn Coaching Staff Announced | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 UConn Coaching Staff Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Strength & conditioning are extremely important. Remember back in August when PP said at least 10 members were out of shape. That is the coaches fault. But, we need a strength & conditioning guy to stay on top of the players in the offseason.
It is of paramount importance these players add strength and report in top shape in August.

Another major role te S&C coach plys is mentor to the playersand liason to the coaching staff.

During the off-season the S&C coach has the most contact with the players.

Reaction Score
Diaco must've remembered the huge holes the Donald waltzed through when Virginia got whooped 45-10 at the Rent!

I get what you're saying, and I am glad we retained Foley, but if you re-watch the Virginia game at the Rent ... several of DB's 1st quarter runs would have gone for no gain or TFL's ... if not for the fact that it was DB. I rightly predicted a win that night ... I just didn't expect that UCONN would dismantle Virginia's D so thoroughly.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hmmm.... maybe not.

TheFatWhiteGuy1:55pm via Twitter for iPhone
UConn has fired 2x National Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year Jerry Martin after 20 years in Storrs

A couple of thoughts.

First, he will only be unemployed for as long as he wants. His resume speaks for itself and there's always job openings somewhere.

And secondly, was he really "fired"? Much like Wade Phillips with the Texans last week. These guys are let go, released, whatever.

To me fired implies being sh!tcanned due to job performance. Coaching staff turnover with a new coach is a whole different story.

Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts.

First, he will only be unemployed for as long as he wants. His resume speaks for itself and there's always job openings somewhere.

This^^^

Agree on terminology....

Reaction Score
Come on chin, your splitting hairs. if he was let go , he was fired. Feathers are going to be ruffled.

Reaction Score
This Ernest Jones guy... dig him and what he's saying. My energy bucket is filled with wanting to go out and engage in my own community now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OC Cummings says UConn will run plays that suits the personnel. Like that.

Also said that UConn will run every screen imaginable. I hope that works out well for him because in the past, nothing guaranteed a face palm more than UConn trying to run WR screens.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Matt McDonough @McDTwin1
Said the Virginia staff wasn't really expecting that type of environment at The Rent. And that UConn beat them pretty good.

Yup, we have to try to get that back if P didn't kill it for good. The Baylor beat reporter said the same thing in print. And that the student section was as good as any in the Big 12.

Reaction Score

Also said that UConn will run every screen imaginable. I hope that works out well for him because in the past, nothing guaranteed a face palm more than UConn trying to run WR screens.

I heard Pasqualoni say all the right things and then do the opposite. Excuse me if I wait to see actions instead of respond to words.

Reaction Score

Foxx did pretty well on a few screens late last year.

Reaction Score
I heard Pasqualoni say all the right things and then do the opposite. Excuse me if I wait to see actions instead of respond to words.

The difference is Diaco will remember he said it. Besides, we get the ball to start the second half.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

C'mon, Pal. The earlier ya get on board, the better the ride!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'm with you on the wait and see approach.

C'mon, Pal. The earlier ya get on board, the better the ride!

And a little hope never hurt anyone either.

So as fans we have to mash the two together and "Hope, Wait and See".

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

PP was a metronome. The Ben Stein character in "Ferris Bueller" created more excitement. It will fall apart if Diaco doesn't win. But, it's off season, and "buzz" is necessary. Actually, in our case, more than necessary.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I know they will get fixed but the spelling and grammar mistakes in this article are shockingly bad. Sometimes speed isn't always best.

Clearly, this is a voice to text translation. It will get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom