2014 prospect nation- few busts | The Boneyard

2014 prospect nation- few busts

Reaction Score
Just about every player was pretty good on this list. Drummer of UCLA and Sierra Calhoun might be somewhat of busts based on ranking.
Waterman highly over ranked with Ohio State. Injuries curtailed Caldwell and shut down Lynee Belton. Shakayla Thomas was very under ranked at #39. Most of these players delivered nicely

2014 Players | Prospects Nation

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just about every player was pretty good on this list. Drummer of UCLA and Sierra Calhoun might be somewhat of busts based on ranking.
Waterman highly overranked with Ohio State. Injuries curtailed Caldwell and Benton. Shakayla Thomas was very underranked at #39. Most of these players delivered nicely

Sierra Calhoun had potential. Geno recruited her for a while - he brother played for the UConn men's team - but it didn't work out. I think a different undergraduate program might have benefited her.

Reaction Score
PN much more accurate on Mackenzie Calvert #72 (HG top 20) and Chloe Jackson #72 ((HG UR)
Monique Billings #16 (HG 38)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Waterman highly overranked with Ohio State. Injuries curtailed Caldwell and shut down Benton. Shakayla Thomas was very underranked at #39. Most of these players delivered nicely

Drummer definitely qualifies as a bust. She's good for some rebounds but she's a virtual non-entity on offense. She's in her senior year and she's basically a role player now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sierra Calhoun had potential. Geno recruited her for a while - he brother played for the UConn men's team - but it didn't work out. I think a different undergraduate program might have benefited her.
Sierra is still playing college basketball at Rutgers this season. To say things aren't going well is a massive understatement. She is shooting about 26%-That not on 3PT attempts that's overall.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Prospects Nation had Monique Billings rated much higher than HoopsGurlz did. PN called that one correctly.

Reaction Score
Sierra is still playing college basketball at Rutgers this season. To say things aren't going well is a massive understatement. She is shooting about 26%-That not on 3PT attempts that's overall.
She is a chucker. At least she seemed that way at Ohio State but every guard did last year. I thought it might be lack of coaching. Guess not.

Reaction Score
Waterman highly over ranked with Ohio State. Injuries curtailed Caldwell and shut down Lynee Belton. Shakayla Thomas was very under ranked at #39. Most of these players delivered nicely

Gabby Green is another one. She transferred from Cal to Loyola Marymount

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Quite a few of these players are 5th year Sr. this year due to redshirting or transferring.

#98 Tyra Buss overachieved quite a bit compared to her ranking.

#141 Chandler Smith scored 20 big points, 18 after halftime, for Gonzaga in their win over Stanford today.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She is a chucker. At least she seemed that way at Ohio State but every guard did last year. I thought it might be lack of coaching. Guess not.
It is coaching, IMO, the coaching she got early in her career. Lifelong habits are hard to change as a graduate player.

Reaction Score
Calhoun just warming up check back after a couple more games my friends .

Reaction Score
Here was the VG composite rankings (combining ASGR, HG, PN, BlStr, FullCourt).
At least 9 transfers.

1543818817096.png

Reaction Score
Calhoun is for sure a bona fide Pro !! I've seen over 4 decades of women's basketball . It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Calhoun is for sure a bona fide Pro !! I've seen over 4 decades of women's basketball . It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Here was the VG composite rankings (combining ASGR, HG, PN, BlStr, FullCourt).
At least 9 transfers.

View attachment 37004
Great composite list thank you! Were 11 transfers on this top 30 list. The most impactful was Azura Stevens for several reasons. By transferring she improved her game and upgraded her draft status. It left a big hole in Dukes roster. UConn added depth and needed height. Another transfer who benefited is Mariya Moore. It gave her a fresh start plus it took her out of the ultra deep 2018 draft. She would have been fortunate to be a late 3rd rounder if drafted at all. Now if she performs she could be an early to mid 2nd round though I don’t see her making the W. Ekmark’s transfer has been a success. Sadie Edwards change also worked out ok. Calhoun and Caldwell are each at their 3rd school with mixed results. A player not on here that has made 3 different schools work is Chloe Jackson. Recruited by NC State then redshirts w LSU in 2015. Stars for two years at LSU and parlays that to be a big part of Baylor this year as a grad transfer. She’s solid. What a game she had vs SC

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom