2014 PG Devonte Graham | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 PG Devonte Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

He looks very good here. Some very nice passing, very quick, nice looking jumper, and can get up and dunk. Even shows him blocking some shots.

Mix tapes are what they are, but this kid made some sweet passes. He's the kind of kid you'd love to play with.

Reaction Score
Lol UConn didn't tamper with him though they might have been the first to ask about him when he went to Brewster. NCST fans trying to deflect when they went after the kid as soon as it was clear Purvis was leaving.

NCSU doesnt really need him. The Wolfpack has two McDonalds All Americans at PG in Tyler Lewis (Junior in 2014) and Cat Barber(Soph in 2014). Also have two solid SG's for 2014 transfer Trevor Lacey( junior) and Dez Lee(Senior) and top 50 freshman Caleb Martin.

I think this really is more about Devonte playing high school ball with Coach Gott's son at Broughton than any actual tampering. If we wanted Devonte, we could have had him long before he committed to App State. I doubt any coach in the country watched him more that Gottfried did, seeing as his son was playing every game that Devonte played during the high school season.

Reaction Score
NCSU doesnt really need him. The Wolfpack has two McDonalds All Americans at PG in Tyler Lewis (Junior in 2014) and Cat Barber(Soph in 2014). Also have two solid SG's for 2014 transfer Trevor Lacey( junior) and Dez Lee(Senior) and top 50 freshman Caleb Martin.

I think this really is more about Devonte playing high school ball with Coach Gott's son at Broughton than any actual tampering. If we wanted Devonte, we could have had him long before he committed to App State. I doubt any coach in the country watched him more that Gottfried did, seeing as his son was playing every game that Devonte played during the high school season.

I hear ya but let's not throw Gottfried in the smartest coaches category! has he won something? Maybe he doesn't recruit smart? Just saying......

Reaction Score
I hear ya but let's not throw Gottfried in the smartest coaches category! has he won something? Maybe he doesn't recruit smart? Just saying......

I often posted about Devonte on our site and always got intel from the two posters most connected to the staff that we had no interest, even after he asked for his release. Those two are usually on point with their inside info and have a good relationship with the coaches. If we went after Devonte, it was kept very hush hush and I find it hard to believe that someone like Goodman(who most of us HATE) would get the scoop on this one.

I am not saying beyond a doubt that it did or did not happen. Just that we really have very little to gain in regards to signing this kid. We dont need a PG or SG right now and I think State would be better off to pick up a 2015 kid or JUCO player if we need to fill a spot on the roster.

Gottfried's strongest skill is his ability to recruit, that is a fact. He may not be the best in game coach(we have asst. Bobby Lutz for a lot of that) but he can recruit with most coaches in the country. I just dont see why we would tamper to get a kid who would likely ride the bench for at least two seasons. Why wouldnt NC State just let him play a season at App State to get some needed PT and then bring him in as a transfer?

If tampering was an issue, I think the App State coach could have released Devonte to go to any other school but NCSU. I think this is just a way for their coach, Jason Capel(Former UNC player) to save face. He has been getting raked over the coals by the media lately. If there was tampering, dont you think it would have been made public before now ? Just a coach being vindictive in my opinion. I wish the best for Devonte and hope he gets to play next year(at any school but App State). He has already pushed back his college career by one season. Isn't that enough punishment ?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I often posted about Devonte on our site and always got intel from the two posters most connected to the staff that we had no interest, even after he asked for his release. Those two are usually on point with their inside info and have a good relationship with the coaches. If we went after Devonte, it was kept very hush hush and I find it hard to believe that someone like Goodman(who most of us HATE) would get the scoop on this one.

I am not saying beyond a doubt that it did or did not happen. Just that we really have very little to gain in regards to signing this kid. We dont need a PG or SG right now and I think State would be better off to pick up a 2015 kid or JUCO player if we need to fill a spot on the roster.

Gottfried's strongest skill is his ability to recruit, that is a fact. He may not be the best in game coach(we have asst. Bobby Lutz for a lot of that) but he can recruit with most coaches in the country. I just dont see why we would tamper to get a kid who would likely ride the bench for at least two seasons. Why wouldnt NC State just let him play a season at App State to get some needed PT and then bring him in as a transfer?

If tampering was an issue, I think the App State coach could have released Devonte to go to any other school but NCSU. I think this is just a way for their coach, Jason Capel(Former UNC player) to save face. He has been getting raked over the coals by the media lately. If there was tampering, dont you think it would have been made public before now ? Just a coach being vindictive in my opinion. I wish the best for Devonte and hope he gets to play next year(at any school but App State). He has already pushed back his college career by one season. Isn't that enough punishment ?

Yes, one year is the maximum that makes any sense at all.

Reaction Score

He looks very good here. Some very nice passing, very quick, nice looking jumper, and can get up and dunk. Even shows him blocking some shots.

Really like what I saw here. He was finishing at the rim with the left and the right and making really smart decisions based on pick pressure. I'm not usually a sucker for these mixtapes, but I came out very impressed.

Reaction Score

How can a coach "tamper" with any kid on his son's team.......to even think he can't talk to him is ridiculous.......I have zero issues even if he did!

caw

Reaction Score

First, the kid was a 2013 when the supposed tampering happened so he would be in the same class as Cat.

Second, in 2013 NCSt has some solid PGs in Cat and Lewis but you are talking about a soph and a freshman.

Third, UConn may want the kid for 2014, but in no way wanted him for 2013 with Boat, Napier and Samuel on board.

Fourth, I take my sources and apparently Goodmans (assuming they are different) over some NCSt tweeter misreading a tweet and claiming tampering by UConn. Especially when NCSt fans keep promoting that Ollie tampered with Purvis, when it just didn't happen.

Edit 2: my sources are not saying that NCSt necessarily meant to tamper but that things may have been said that could be construed as tampering.

EDIT: Goodman is a jerk.

Reaction Score

Highlight tapes are highlight tapes....but there is no way that kid should be going to Appalachian State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom