2014 PG Devonte Graham | The Boneyard

2014 PG Devonte Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@BrewsterHoops: #UConn #Friars #Pitt #URI have all expressed interest in Brewster PG @im_dat_kid_dtae. Can't speak with him. #AppSt hasn't released him.

Glenn Miller watched him last week.

Reaction Score
@BrewsterHoops: #UConn #Friars #Pitt #URI have all expressed interest in Brewster PG @im_dat_kid_dtae. Can't speak with him. #AppSt hasn't released him.

Glenn Miller watched him last week.

What does this mean?

Who hasn't released him? Who has a hold on him? He's a 2014 kid?

Reaction Score
What does this mean?

Who hasn't released him? Who has a hold on him? He's a 2014 kid?
I believe he was in 2013 and decided to sign with Appalachian State. However, he either didn't qualify or wants to do a prep year and is at Brewster. He can't talk with coaches until the release him of his LOI.

Reaction Score
[Beupstater, post: 694987, member: 153"]What does this mean?

Who hasn't released him? Who has a hold on him? He's a 2014 kid?[/quote]

I think they mean he was kidnapped by Appalachian Indians and they are negotiating his release with their chief I'm dat kid dtae.

Reaction Score
I believe he was in 2013 and decided to sign with Appalachian State. However, he either didn't qualify or wants to do a prep year and is at Brewster. He can't talk with coaches until the release him of his LOI.

I see. It's odd that a kid who didn't qualify would be held to a LOI after doing a prep year.

Reaction Score
Devonte Graham is from Raleigh. He was excellent in the 4A(highest level) state playoffs this past season. He committed to Appalachian State, but changed his mind when high major programs started to show interest. Too late though, as he had already signed a binding LOI. App State refused to release him from the LOI, so he decided to prep at Brewster to preserve his eligibility, play next season, and then be free to sign with any program. LOI is only binding for one year and he signed during the early signing period, so he should be free in November. No grade issues that I am aware of.

He is a small scoring PG with a very good outside shot. Really undersized but finds a way to get it done. A year at Brewster should be great for this kid. I liked his game in high school, just so small that some schools were scared off. Proved himself as a senior.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

He looks very good here. Some very nice passing, very quick, nice looking jumper, and can get up and dunk. Even shows him blocking some shots.

Reaction Score
Have no idea how this kid didn't receive any offers better than Appalachian State. I know it's just highlights but he has a lot of them and he looks very good. Has serious ups too, I like this kid.

Reaction Score
A lot of "Boat" there and a better stroke. Can shoot the jumper when he has to and uses the set shot when wide open, very interesting. Has a very good handle and sees the court REAL well by the looks of things. Not sure why just App St, maybe he's 5'7" but the kid has skills!

Reaction Score
A lot of "Boat" there and a better stroke. Can shoot the jumper when he has to and uses the set shot when wide open, very interesting. Has a very good handle and sees the court REAL well by the looks of things. Not sure why just App St, maybe he's 5'7" but the kid has skills!

The athleticism reminds me of boat, but the rest of his game screams Shabazz to me

Reaction Score
Devonte Graham is from Raleigh. He was excellent in the 4A(highest level) state playoffs this past season. He committed to Appalachian State, but changed his mind when high major programs started to show interest. Too late though, as he had already signed a binding LOI. App State refused to release him from the LOI, so he decided to prep at Brewster to preserve his eligibility, play next season, and then be free to sign with any program. LOI is only binding for one year and he signed during the early signing period, so he should be free in November. No grade issues that I am aware of.

He is a small scoring PG with a very good outside shot. Really undersized but finds a way to get it done. A year at Brewster should be great for this kid. I liked his game in high school, just so small that some schools were scared off. Proved himself as a senior.

Is he any smaller than boat?

Reaction Score
That highlight tape looks vaguely familiar to the one I put together 20 years ago. Full disclosure, I only got division 3 looks but in my highlight reel that I sent out I never missed a shot. The power of edit. Anyway, I am confident that the longer we go down the list of available pgs, there has to be someone who wants to come to UConn. I heard through the grapevine that the starting PG from Cal Tech is looking to transfer. He has a sick highlight tape and comes from the same high school as Jeremy Lin. Might as well check him out.

Reaction Score
That highlight tape looks vaguely familiar to the one I put together 20 years ago. Full disclosure, I only got division 3 looks but in my highlight reel that I sent out I never missed a shot. The power of edit. Anyway, I am confident that the longer we go down the list of available pgs, there has to be someone who wants to come to UConn. I heard through the grapevine that the starting PG from Cal Tech is looking to transfer. He has a sick highlight tape and comes from the same high school as Jeremy Lin. Might as well check him out.

I get making a highlight reel look good as you can and respect the looks you did get but it doesn't take much to see this kid is better than App State............not saying it's UConn either just not App State

Reaction Score
I get making a highlight reel look good as you can and respect the looks you did get but it doesn't take much to see this kid is better than App State............not saying it's UConn either just not App State

agreed. nothing against the kid and he seems like a quality mid major player. but c'mon, uconn? we have already tried grasping for straws, ie jamal trice and to a certain extent darius smith, and we saw first hand what happens to kids who are playing in over their heads. this kid is not uconn quality or maybe he is now is.

Reaction Score
from Raleigh? I wonder if he has a relationship with Purvis.

Reaction Score
agreed. nothing against the kid and he seems like a quality mid major player. but c'mon, uconn? we have already tried grasping for straws, ie jamal trice and to a certain extent darius smith, and we saw first hand what happens to kids who are playing in over their heads. this kid is not uconn quality or maybe he is now is.

I think he had other offers from A10 schools like Richmond and Rhode Island. Really blew up in the high school season after signing his LOI. Led his team to the 4A state championship and was Most Outstanding Player of the finals. Competed against Rodney Purvis on the AAU level. Rodney attended private schools, Devonte went to public school Broughton. Devonte played with guys like TJ Warren(NCSU player and Brewster grad), Georgetown commit Isaac Copeland, Louisville commit Anton Gill and UNC commit Isiaah Hicks on the Garner Roads Bulldogs AAU team.

Mainly th size issue and lack of potential playing time with the local ACC teams and Graham as to why we didnt offer.

Reaction Score

Probably more often than not, reaching for a kid doesn't pay off. But sometimes it does, and you get a solid contributor. Beverly, Austrie, Edwards, Armstrong, Voskuhl were all reaches - and all were contributors to FF teams. And if Damian Lillard had decommitted from Weber State or CJ McCollum from Lehigh...

Reaction Score
Wow really like the guards we're in the mix for. If he's measured above 6 feet, would love him on the squad. It's not bout editing out his misses, he has good form from when he was in hs. And is athletic. he must know rp if he's from Raleigh.

Reaction Score
I like him running the point for us in the future. The beginning of the video shows him throwing shoving his defender with the basketball in hand.... Might be a headcase or just plays with alot emotion

Reaction Score
He is listed at 6'0" on 2 sites and 5'11" on another.He may be too big for us based upon our current backcourt.

caw

Reaction Score
He is listed at 6'0" on 2 sites and 5'11" on another.He may be too big for us based upon our current backcourt.

But too small based on who will be there for 2014-2015.

Purvis - 6'4
Samuel - 6'3
Calhoun - 6'5
Hamilton - 6'8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads