2014 Composite Rankings for HS players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 Composite Rankings for HS players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Contenders (not a comprehensive list by any stretch):

1) Wilson -- UConn, SoCar, UNC, ...
3) Mitchell -- Ohio St, Mich St, Louisville, ...
5) Green -- Cal, USC, ...
6) White -- UNC, Tenn, SC, Fla St, Miami, ...
8) Drummer -- Cal, UCLA, USC, RU, UNC, ...
10) Calhoun -- UConn, Duke, ND
14) Belton -- MD, Virginia, UConn, ND, Tenn, ...

I think Duke will be a Contender for Green

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'd like Green and Drummer to go to Cal if they choose to stay on the West Coast.

Reaction Score
Wilson, and Green from the under 19 team would be nice as a final 2. That would keep up with the 2011 team which had Stef, Bria, KML, Breanna, Morgan.

Two Gabby's on one team; who'da thunk it?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yes, and I believe that she will end up an Notre Dame with Turner.

This is at least the third time you've said this yet there is no indication that ND is the least bit interested in Calvert. ND has Allen coming in this year and Mychal Thompson next year. What is your source for linking Calvert to ND?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is at least the third time you've said this yet there is no indication that ND is the least bit interested in Calvert. ND has Allen coming in this year and Mychal Thompson next year. What is your source for linking Calvert to ND?
Not a big issue but it's Mychal Johnson

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not a big issue but it's Mychal Johnson

Thanks. At least I got the first name right.

BTW, Johnson joined the All Ohio team (mitchell, etc) for NikeNationals though played just okay. It's tough to shine in the backcourt with Mitchell playing the point. Mitchell is very talented.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks. At least I got the first name right.

BTW, Johnson joined the All Ohio team (mitchell, etc) for NikeNationals though played just okay. It's tough to shine in the backcourt with Mitchell playing the point. Mitchell is very talented.

I'm impressed you even spelled her first name right...never seen it like that before.

And I'm alien to AAU, so I had no idea you could hop around like that. So she played with them just for that tournament but really plays for a different team? I also had no idea Alexa Hart was on that All-Ohio team until today. People only talked about Mitchell, Westbeld and Waterman together.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm impressed you even spelled her first name right...never seen it like that before.

And I'm alien to AAU, so I had no idea you could hop around like that. So she played with them just for that tournament but really plays for a different team? I also had no idea Alexa Hart was on that All-Ohio team until today. People only talked about Mitchell, Westbeld and Waterman together.

Much of AAU functions with guns for hire.

Reaction Score
Top 10 classes so far (very very early):
  1. [ ]UConn
  2. [ ]UCLA
  3. [ ]Texas
  4. [ ]NDame
  5. [ ]Virginia
  6. [ ]Duke
  7. [ ]Louisville
  8. [ ]Maryland
  9. [ ]MichSt
  10. [ ]Minnesota

With today's haul, Ohio St jumps into the top 5.

Reaction Score
Does Kelli Hayes's commitment to UCLA affect your team rankings?

Wow, thanks for that, but UCLA remains #2. Kelli is ~40 in the Composite.

Wow a great class for UCLA! We might finally have some competition in the PAC!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, and I believe that she will end up an Notre Dame with Turner.
You keep saying that, but, I have seen nothing to support it. After Calvert de-committed from Baylor, Kelly Kline of Full Court had this to say (on July 9th): "Interest has surged in No. 18 ranked McKenzie Calvert since Full Court first broke the story that she had de-committed from Baylor. The 5-8 point guard has heard from a long list of schools including: South Carolina, USC, Duke, Tennessee, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Northwestern and Winthrop. Calvert has been spending a lot of time talking to each and every coach who has contacted her and plans to take several unofficial visits in August before beginning to narrow down her options." LINK

I think it's obvious she ends up at Winthrop. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, thanks for that, but UCLA remains #2. Kelli is ~40 in the Composite.

Wow a great class for UCLA! We might finally have some competition in the PAC!

As opposed to last year ;)

Reaction Score
As opposed to last year ;)

The PAC often gets one and done contenders. But cori close getting such a strong class so quickly shows that she might be building an ongoing challenger. And if Cal is there too, at last some real competition for Stanfprd.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think UCLA and Cal may be poised to overtake Stanford after Chiney graduates.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kind of surprising that Caldwell wasn't able to get it done at UCLA. I'm not sure who Stanford is looking at for 2014, but they definitely need some top 20 kids. In 2015, I think they feel they have a great shot at Samuelson, and why not? 2 of her sisters already play there.

Reaction Score
I am sure the Orange fans are happy to see a player from Oregon in the Top 25...at least they have a shot at getting ONE Top 25 player, seeing players from the other 49 states (save Tenn) have shunned them recently.

Fade to Barbara Streisand's "The Way We Were"...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

I don't think teams have to wait for Chiney to be gone to surpass Stanford. Believe it or not I wouldn't be shocked to see Stanford fall to 6th in the Pac 12, this season. Stanford needs a lot of things to fall into place this season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't think teams have to wait for Chiney to be gone to surpass Stanford. Believe it or not I wouldn't be shocked to see Stanford fall to 6th in the Pac 12, this season. Stanford needs a lot of things to fall into place this season.

Wow. No question this will be the weakest Stanford team in several years and I do not expect Stanford to go undefeated in conference play. Having said that, finishing 6th would be a stunning. Other than Cal, the rest of the conference is not that impressive. UCLA is a year or two away, I think.

Reaction Score
Wow. No question this will be the weakest Stanford team in several years and I do not expect Stanford to go undefeated in conference play. Having said that, finishing 6th would be a stunning. Other than Cal, the rest of the conference is not that impressive. UCLA is a year or two away, I think.

Washington should be decent this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom