2014 Bianca Cuevas suspended... | The Boneyard

2014 Bianca Cuevas suspended...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
indefinitely for fighting , this is her second suspension this year

Who is (was) recruiting her ?

Reaction Score
Kentucky and Syracuse, both of them have players from her high school and summer teams. That aggressive style of play will fit in both systems full court trapping and pressing.

Reaction Score
Found a longer list, http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/player/profile/bianca-cuevas , the two above plus Tennessee, Louisville, and Ohio State but there is always a difference between recruiting and offered and the difference for this player I couldn't tell you. Some of these schools have come up many times so they may be pursuing the most such as Cuse and UK.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IIRC she's highly rated - at one point in some top 10 lists, but she never had any interest in UCONN, or possibly vice versa, or both. Were both suspensions for fighting? I can certainly see why UCONN would not be interested in recruiting her.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Makes since why UCONN wasn't recruiting her. Fighting!?! Twice!?!

Reaction Score
Kid is having a rough time losing both parents the her guardian who was her coach. Her a Bria Hartley are best friends maybe she can or has reached out because she is hurting inside big time I can understand how she could be provoked to fight, not right but I understand. On the basketball side very talented, kind of small for major D1, but others her size and smaller have came and did well. Maybe Ohio State can mold her as a Sammy P type.

Reaction Score
IIRC she's highly rated - at one point in some top 10 lists, but she never had any interest in UCONN, or possibly vice versa, or both. Were both suspensions for fighting? I can certainly see why UCONN would not be interested in recruiting her.
Too bad, we need some fighters. We're like lambs out there sometimes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Too bad, we need some fighters. We're like lambs out there sometimes.
I really don't think our team lacks for toughness. Faris is a warrior, KML is working out with her and is working towards being in the same mold. Bria and Stef are tough as well. Doty won't back down from anyone. Stewart doesn't respond well to being played physically but she's only a freshman. I guess i'm not sure what you are referring to. Unless you were trying to be funny...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought it awas said tongue in cheek. Tough players win basketball games. Fighters get ejected.

There is a world of difference between the two.

Reaction Score
best friends with Bria... no way :rolleyes:

Yeah they played together with Xodus under the Apache Paschal (RIP) Bianca was 6th & 7th grade Bria was her mentor and Apache became her guardian. Apache was a father figure to all of them and all of the Xodus players are best friends. Why do you say "no way"? Did something happen that has fractured their friendship?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yeah they played together with Xodus under the Apache Paschal (RIP) Bianca was 6th & 7th grade Bria was her mentor and Apache became her guardian. Apache was a father figure to all of them and all of the Xodus players are best friends. Why do you say "no way"? Did something happen that has fractured their friendship?
I was being sarcastic Man-Man... (note the rollin eyes).

Bria was in the middle of her funk during the anniversary of Apache's death... wonder if that was part of the problem, we wouldnt think so but who knows

Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought it awas said tongue in cheek. Tough players win basketball games. Fighters get ejected.

There is a world of difference between the two.
Only a little tongue-in-cheek. I want an enforcer-type that keeps the chippy stuff away. Lots of teams think its OK to try to physically intimidate us. I know we have some tough kids, but we don't have a Shea or Jamelle or Ashja or Stacy anymore. CD is the closest, but she's not very intimidating.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Only a little tongue-in-cheek. I want an enforcer-type that keeps the chippy stuff away. Lots of teams think its OK to try to physically intimidate us. I know we have some tough kids, but we don't have a Shea or Jamelle or Ashja or Stacy anymore. CD is the closest, but she's not very intimidating.
why not?

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with physical toughness and alot more to do with mental toughness. Thats what heeps you out of fights and doesnt let anyone " get in your head".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom