2014-15 College Basketball All-Defensive teams | The Boneyard

2014-15 College Basketball All-Defensive teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah on the 2nd team. Boatright 21st and just off the 4th team.

2014-15 College Basketball All-Defensive teams, CBSSports.com

And it's with Connecticut that we begin, as they were very close to being the only team nationally to have two players make one of our four All-Defense teams, as listed below. Amida Brimah is here, but you'll notice that guard Ryan Boatright is not. Boatright is an excellent defensive player that is capable of locking up either guard position, but he was our final cut to this list. I promise that I don't hate him. I just felt that some of the other guys were slightly more versatile and capable of guarding bigger players, as opposed to only those in the backcourt. And because of that, Connecticut fans will have to settle for only having two of the 21 defensive players in the country instead of two of the top 20.

F: Amida Brimah, Connecticut
The aforementioned Brimah took a large step forward in his development last season. Standing 7-foot tall with arms that basically drag to the floor, Brimah's biggest contribution is obviously as a rim protector. He blocked nearly six shots per 40 minutes, which is insane in and of itself. But he also finished third in the AAC in blocks per game despite only playing 16 minutes per contest, which might be even crazier. Basically, the paint shuts down when Brimah enters the game. He moves really well from side-to-side, and never gives up on plays. He needs to improve on his fouling, as 6.6 per 40 minutes is a few too many for a player that will see a large uptick in minutes this season. However, it wouldn't surprise me to look up at the end of the year and see that he led the nation in blocked shots. However, he'll have competition from Obekpa and the next guy on our list....

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is a joke and I stopped reading after reading about Briante. The kid may break the NCAA all time steals record but at what expense? He gambles excessively in the half court and really is a liability regularly. It may change this year but his propensities to play undisciplined defense will cost VCU plenty.

Reaction Score
Aren't Chris Jones and Boat the same size? didn't realize he was guarding bigger wings in addition to guards.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is a joke and I stopped reading after reading about Briante. The kid may break the NCAA all time steals record but at what expense? He gambles excessively in the half court and really is a liability regularly. It may change this year but his propensities to play undisciplined defense will cost VCU plenty.

Im pretty sure he fouled the Stephen F. Austin guy on a three giving him a four point play which lost VCU their NCAA tourney game.

Reaction Score
None of these pundits have learned their lesson, this Is all just more fuel to our fire and creates mojo. Not including Boat is just absurd.

Reaction Score
I'd have preferred Boat being on, and Brimah being No. 21. Boat did it on a big stage for extended time - Brimah has shown hints of potential, but is still more unproven as a guy who can sustain it.

Reaction Score
I'd have preferred Boat being on, and Brimah being No. 21. Boat did it on a big stage for extended time - Brimah has shown hints of potential, but is still more unproven as a guy who can sustain it.

That's how these lists always are. It's a lot easier to quantify big man defense since the top shotblockers stand out so much, while your steals leaders tend to be all clumped together. That's why their top guy is a guard who might break the steals record (held by the incredibly overrated John "Fouls" Linehan).

Reaction Score
Chalkboard!!

Honestly Chris Jones can't hold Ryan's jock defensively so who gives a rats a**........for anyone to say "I promise I don't hate" him tells you there was a reason he didn't pick which is beyond the basketball court. Maybe it's the Boneyard!! LOL

Reaction Score
Chris Jones is a great defender guys. Menace on the ball, no need to say otherwise

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Funny, Boatright seemed to guard all those 6'3 to 6'5 inch guards in the tournament without batting an eye. In fact, he completely ruined their collective tournaments. Oh well, what do I know? I just watch the games.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I agree Boatshow was an obvious choice. He dominated the F4 with his defense. What any of these other guys accomplished was comparatively insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom