2013 Top 5 Considering... | The Boneyard

2013 Top 5 Considering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. 1 Mercedes Russell (Springfield, Ore.)

Russell has yet to make any final cuts in her recruitment but has made unofficial visits to Kentucky, Louisville, Oregon, Tennessee (twice) and Washington. She had planned to make a second visit to Louisville in February but did not make the trip. Russell had designs on visiting Duke and North Carolina during the first two weeks of the NCAA tournament, with games in Chapel Hill, N.C., March 18-20, and in Raleigh, N.C., March 25-27, but with Duke landing in the Fresno, Calif., regional and North Carolina not making the field, these two visits didn't work out logistically.

No. 2 Kaela Davis (Buford, Ga.)

Davis recently took unofficial visits to Georgia and Georgia Tech, spending full days on each campus getting a feel for what the schools had to offer. Davis plans to set up similar visits in the future to schools including -- but not limited to -- Duke, Kentucky, Texas A&M and UCLA.
No. 3 Diamond DeShields (Norcross, Ga.)

She has visited schools across the country, including all five that are on her short list, all the while keeping her potential plans well under wraps. For now, the 6-foot-2 wing lists (in alphabetical order) Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, North Carolina and Tennessee. DeShields will spend her summer playing alongside two A.O.T. club teammates committed to ACC schools on her list in Lexie Brown (Maryland) and Te'a Cooper (North Carolina), who will surely try to help their future programs land the blue-chip recruit.

No. 4 Taya Reimer (Fishers, Ind.)

Reimer did much of her traveling last year, visiting multiple schools more than eight hours away from her home just outside of Indianapolis. Those schools included Baylor, Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. Right now, the 6-foot-3 power forward is strongly considering Connecticut, Georgia, Oklahoma as well as Notre Dame, Duke and UCLA. As the Irish are the only school within a day's drive down and back from Reimer's home, she has been on campus several times this year, most recently paying her own way to watch the Irish take on California in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
No. 5 Rebecca Greenwell (Owensboro, Kent.)

like DeShields and Reimer, Greenwell has been very proactive in her recruiting process. So far she has been on campus at all of the schools on her list. With trips to Duke, Georgia, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Louisville, Tennessee and Vanderbilt under her belt, it is clear that Greenwell has a solid grasp on what is out there for her.

There is more details about each recruit. I just pasted some information about recruiting. I still have high hopes for landing Diamond but looks like Taya is for the Irish to lose.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...id/7727602/progress-report-top-2013-prospects

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I kind of hope that Davis ends up at GA Tech. That would be a great get for Coach Joseph.

I said the same thing back home on the Duke Board....... that is if she didnt choose Duke.

Reaction Score
All 5 considering Duke?! Only program getting consideration from all 5. But why? Duke fans even admit their offense is not attractive and could hurt their position with the best recruits. Personally the other #1 and #2 seeds in the tournament all run attractive offensives compared to Duke.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
All 5 considering Duke?! Only program getting consideration from all 5. But why? Duke fans even admit their offense is not attractive and could hurt their position with the best recruits. Personally the other #1 and #2 seeds in the tournament all run attractive offensives compared to Duke.
If my son were offered a scholarship for a free education from Duke, I'd sign the papers in a second, with his approval.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its all about "life after basketball"

Reaction Score
I understand elite recruits having Duke on their list, but Georgia...seriously??? WTF is this sellin'??? because his program sucks and he's a terrible coach!!! Can't understand for the life of me why elite/top-tier prospects even give him and Georgia a second glance!!! :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I understand elite recruits having Duke on their list, but Georgia...seriously??? WTF is this sellin'??? because his program sucks and he's a terrible coach!!! Can't understand for the life of me why elite/top-tier prospects even give him and Georgia a second glance!!! :rolleyes:
ummmm 5 minutes from home maybe? (see Delaware)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

there is more to choosing a college then playing in a beautiful offense :cool:

Reaction Score
there is more to choosing a college then playing in a beautiful offense :cool:

You would think that with all the great players that Duke is getting that they would be a super power. Maybe its not the players but the coaching that is holding Duke back. I would compare the Duke situation with Rutgers, but the Duke coaches are much better then the Rutgers coaches.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You would think that with all the great players that Duke is getting that they would be a super power. Maybe its not the players but the coaching that is holding Duke back. I would compare the Duke situation with Rutgers, but the Duke coaches are much better then the Rutgers coaches.

I disagree that with that comparison. Duke is... has been... and will be superior to Rutgers. Just compare the last 5 years... 10 years.... 15 years...

just dont bring up March 24, 2007 :( That day still haunts me.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
being a Duke graduate, regardless of basketball, is an impressive honor to carry the rest of your life!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I disagree that with that comparison. Duke is... has been... and will be superior to Rutgers. Just compare the last 5 years... 10 years.... 15 years...

just dont bring up March 24, 2007 :( That day still haunts me.

Oh, I remember that day very well. That game was very exciting. Prince making that layup over Bales was a thing of beauty.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh, I remember that day very well. That game was very exciting. Prince making that layup over Bales was a thing of beauty.

I did say not to bring up that day. :mad: But anyway did you come down for the game, or did you watch it on tv?

Reaction Score
Kaela Davis would be great for Georgia Tech!

Crazy to say but UGA may need her more after their struggles this year. Landers is still a good coach but if he can get someone like Davis they will be back in contention. She is rated the highest of all the georgia players in 2013 by espn and that is a big honor because allisha gray, diamond deshields, alexis brown can all really play.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kaela Davis may someday be looked upon as the HS player who caused permanent and irrevocable changes in the wcbb recruiting landscape. (Sort of like the "Larry Bird Rule" in the NBA, or "Tommy John Surgery")

There was much justified jubilation at Tennessee when Kaela orally committed to the Lady Vols. So much so, many Summitteers assumed that Kaela would not only enroll, but bring Diamond DeShelds with her.

Now it seems that Tennessee is no longer on Kaela's short list, possibly because of the uncertainty of the head coaching situation. IF that is indeed the case, it could have a domino effect on other 2013 and beyond recruits.

This does not appear to bode well for Tennessee at this moment. The administration may have to make difficult decisions sooner than planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom