Here are there ranking of recruits I am aware of
#1 DD
#4Tucker
#5 Reimer
#6 Harper
#14 McCall
#25 Chong ist time I have seen her ranked
#? Samuelson
I would be very happy with three or four recruits from this list.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
diamond-banner-1.jpg
UConnHuskies.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The crazy thing is that it's unlikely that any of those kids would start until their junior years. There could be attrition, injuries, or someone just being a bust, but the likely starting rotations in 2013-14 and 2014-15:

2013-14:

Bria
KML
Moriah/Morgan
Breanna
Stef

2014-15

Moriah
KML
Breanna
Morgan
Kiah

I mean, that's pretty damn stout. The bench situation gets thin in 2014-15, so it's not like there's no opportunity for PT, but whoever signs up to wear the UConn jersey in the class of 2013 is going to have to fight tooth and nail for every second of PT early on. For that very reason, I will be rooting hard for every girl that decides to man up and embrace that challenge. We will owe those kids a lot by the time their careers are over.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan Tuck--who is a stud, skilled and polished, and college ready--may not crack the starting lineup until her junior year. And then becomes an All-American.

Just as Bolingbrook had 8 Division I recruits, UConn may have 10 (more?) future WNBA players. Crazy!

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is that it's unlikely that any of those kids would start until their junior years.

There's some quality playing time available even for the non-starters, if they earn it, as KML can attest. And some kids who didn't start til their junior year have gone on to some pretty successful professional careers.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There's some quality playing time available even for the non-starters, if they earn it, as KML can attest. And some kids who didn't start til their junior year have gone on to some pretty successful professional careers.
There isn't realistically going to be the kind of minutes available to a freshman in 2013-14 that there were to KML in 2011-12. On top of a ridiculous starting five with, God willing, no one limited like Caroline, you've got Morgan/Moriah (whoever didn't start), Kiah, and Banks on the bench. By 2014-15, the bench will be thinner without the 2013 kids, so there will be more minutes.

Agree that starting for "only" two years is not a bad gig, but there are some fine programs out there where kids will be able to play immediately. Thats why I will have the utmost respect for the kids who commit in the 2013 class.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There isn't realistically going to be the kind of minutes available to a freshman in 2013-14 that there were to KML in 2011-12. On top of a ridiculous starting five with, God willing, no one limited like Caroline, you've got Morgan/Moriah (whoever didn't start), Kiah, and Banks on the bench. By 2014-15, the bench will be thinner without the 2013 kids, so there will be more minutes.

Agree that starting for "only" two years is not a bad gig, but there are some fine programs out there where kids will be able to play immediately. Thats why I will have the utmost respect for the kids who commit in the 2013 class.

If you are talking about players at Diamond's level, they will play immediately. There will be 40-50 minutes available when Doty, Faris and Buck graduate. They may not start and probably won't but they will play immediately.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its not about starting its about finishing. No one can tell you how long its going to take you to be developed to be the best you can be. It takes time and alot of work but most importantly it takes patience. Once your there nothing else matters. You dont make any money playing in college. You make all the money after college. So if it takes you a year or two or three to be ready for a professional career so be it. There are alot of kids starting on other D1 teams who will never make it as pros, how sad is that. At UConn that have a chance because of the coaching staff. Patience

U

UCONNfan1

I'm really looking forward to the game against Maryland next year. Do we play Duke too? I know the Baylor game will be a blood bath, but I'll be curious to see how much better we hopefully are than the "next tier" of teams. All the talk about how parity is good for the game is going to be thrown right out the window starting 2013-2014.

The gap between UCONN and everyone else will be cavernous. I honestly think Duke is the only team who will be close - at least talent wise...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you are talking about players at Diamond's level, they will play immediately. There will be 40-50 minutes available when Doty, Faris and Buck graduate. They may not start and probably won't but they will play immediately.
We'll have to see. Those three graduate, but the class of 2012 will gobble up minutes, Kiah and Banks will be juniors, and the trio of KML, Bria, and Stef are going to play a lot. Then again, there may be a lot of games where Geno shuts it down shortly after halftime because not too many teams are going to be able to be even competitive with UConn in 2013-14.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
We'll have to see. Those three graduate, but the class of 2012 will gobble up minutes, Kiah and Banks will be juniors, and the trio of KML, Bria, and Stef are going to play a lot. Then again, there may be a lot of games where Geno shuts it down shortly after halftime because not too many teams are going to be able to be even competitive with UConn in 2013-14.

I agree. We shall see. But Geno has shown with 9-10 players who deserve minutes, he will distribute them between 15-25.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I agree. We shall see. But Geno has shown with 9-10 players who deserve minutes, he will distribute them between 15-25.

Exactly...and they will full court press like a robot dry cleaner.

Reaction Score
word on the street is that #4 Tucker will commit to TN

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
word on the street is that #4 Tucker will commit to TN

To be more specific, that is what the posters that goes by "intellegent hoodlum" posted on The Summitt. He appears to be well connected in the DC area and certainly could have good info.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What is up with Samuelson? I noticed a few days ago she isn't on HG's super 60 and now not on BS rankings. Did she get injured this last year?

Reaction Score
When kids commit to major universities, they believe that they will play. They are aware Of the situation but believe that they can work hard show their talent and crack the line up. They don't go in thinking I will sit 2 or 3 years and wait my turn. Sometimes as reality sets in you get discontentment which leads to complacency or transfer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What is up with Samuelson? I noticed a few days ago she isn't on HG's super 60 and now not on BS rankings. Did she get injured this last year?
Karlie did get injured durign the season, but her ranking is roughly in the 60-80 range--quite possibly not top 60.

Reaction Score
Karlie is ranked #64 is Blue Star. I think I read her hs season was cut short due to Mono.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom