2013 Commitment Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2013 Commitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
According to ESPN and others. Lucas is a little stiff. To be an effective CB, you need to be able to flip the hips to keep coverage. Not saying he doesn't have the talent or can't learn to to be a cover corner BUT...if that was natural he would have been recruited at CB.

He was recruited to try to stick at CB with a fallback to go to S. Don Brown anyway thought he had a chance to be a CB. Seems like other coaches didn't or he would have more offers. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Thanks PJ, that’s how I remember it also... Hey the kid is talented, like everyone says it will be either as CB or as a Safety, wherever Staff feels he will be more productive at…

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He was recruited to try to stick at CB with a fallback to go to S. Don Brown anyway thought he had a chance to be a CB. Seems like other coaches didn't or he would have more offers. We shall see.

lets go further with this and spit the truth. don brown was one heck of a coach. he has edsall in him, what im talking about is he knows what he wnats to do and he knows that he can develope any athlete of a certain level into what he needs. so he gets lazy or reaches on the trail to get his player smaking his life easier than competition with other big schools. he gets away with it becuase he develops the kids so u can't knock it.

but there is a problem with that way of life, coaches always move along to the next level or elsewhere. this state, school and fanbase were spolied by JC and didn't understand cf culture. this went under radar with RE for years. when he left ppl started to realize what he left behind on the roster which was a bunch of kids that needed to be developed. P has done a good job so far in that respect so i can't knock him for that. but, while everyone here was going nuts about what RE left behind, they fell asleep at what DB was doing the same thing. thats twice now we have gotten caught with this coaching style. i'll be dammed if we let that happen a 3rd time. RE learned pretty quickly down in MD that his style wasn't going to fly on the trail down there, that school and fanbase knows whats up and we all know what has happened there since with ML. up here we were to innocent, not any frucking more on my watch.

TJW has already in days proven hes not taking from no one and going after the big boys. we need a dc to do the same and i dont see it here right now. i, open to hank but i want to talk about it more in depth another time. DB reached on kids he knew he could get easy and then develope. then when he got a few he called it a day on the trail and just coached and called his buddys to figure out where he was going to hang out next year. he never had plans to stay here. we let him game the system.

he was a very good coach, but P has learned the hard way and has dragged us thru the mud in his old man learning days. he brought in 2 buddys and swore by them. 1 somewhat delivered on the trail but was brutal on the field. the other was brutal on the trail but delivered on the field. both had foots out the door but only 1 eventully got out. the other got moved by a new ad for god sakes.

p has had a long career and these past 2 years have made me investigate rope and stools(not really). i question if he really knew what he was getting into, i dont think he did becuase i think the guy who hired him had no clue himself and as result p cam ein wih the wrong ideas. now i think he gets it. hes a good guy and coach, but i can't hang on much longer. none of us can. but the main point here is DB and the sanke he was to us. ppl are quiet about it because his defense was good here. be real.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
lets go further with this and spit the truth. don brown was one heck of a coach. he has edsall in him, what im talking about is he knows what he wnats to do and he knows that he can develope any athlete of a certain level into what he needs. so he gets lazy or reaches on the trail to get his player smaking his life easier than competition with other big schools. he gets away with it becuase he develops the kids so u can't knock it.

but there is a problem with that way of life, coaches always move along to the next level or elsewhere. this state, school and fanbase were spolied by JC and didn't understand cf culture. this went under radar with RE for years. when he left ppl started to realize what he left behind on the roster which was a bunch of kids that needed to be developed. P has done a good job so far in that respect so i can't knock him for that. but, while everyone here was going nuts about what RE left behind, they fell asleep at what DB was doing the same thing. thats twice now we have gotten caught with this coaching style. i'll be dammed if we let that happen a 3rd time. RE learned pretty quickly down in MD that his style wasn't going to fly on the trail down there, that school and fanbase knows whats up and we all know what has happened there since with ML. up here we were to innocent, not any frucking more on my watch.

TJW has already in days proven hes not taking from no one and going after the big boys. we need a dc to do the same and i dont see it here right now. i, open to hank but i want to talk about it more in depth another time. DB reached on kids he knew he could get easy and then develope. then when he got a few he called it a day on the trail and just coached and called his buddys to figure out where he was going to hang out next year. he never had plans to stay here. we let him game the system.

he was a very good coach, but P has learned the hard way and has dragged us thru the mud in his old man learning days. he brought in 2 buddys and swore by them. 1 somewhat delivered on the trail but was brutal on the field. the other was brutal on the trail but delivered on the field. both had foots out the door but only 1 eventully got out. the other got moved by a new ad for god sakes.

p has had a long career and these past 2 years have made me investigate rope and stools(not really). i question if he really knew what he was getting into, i dont think he did becuase i think the guy who hired him had no clue himself and as result p cam ein wih the wrong ideas. now i think he gets it. hes a good guy and coach, but i can't hang on much longer. none of us can. but the main point here is DB and the sanke he was to us. ppl are quiet about it because his defense was good here. be real.

Am I dreaming or did you not recently havbe an avatar that said Don Brown for HC?

Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm, I admit to having a hard time keeping up with some of your posts. Perhaps the lesson here is to not react immediately to what you hear or perceive. I understand the social media age is all about saying something fast, and saying it a lot and loud (that cements its factual standing). There are incredibly big issues that keep us up at night - conference alignment, money, prestige, growth of football, improved facilities, and on and on. But we have an adminsitration that is being incredibly clear in that they are not playing in to the SM game - they have plans and they feel no compulsion to share those w/the BY.

So, don't give up HFD - the BY needs you (and the many passionate fans that post here everyday). Don't let your desire to see immediate results impact your ability to see the many moving pieces. Learn from the DB lesson, breathe, think long-term, and rather than take your toys home and quit, recommit yourself to UConn athletics.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm, I admit to having a hard time keeping up with some of your posts. Perhaps the lesson here is to not react immediately to what you hear or perceive. I understand the social media age is all about saying something fast, and saying it a lot and loud (that cements its factual standing). There are incredibly big issues that keep us up at night - conference alignment, money, prestige, growth of football, improved facilities, and on and on. But we have an adminsitration that is being incredibly clear in that they are not playing in to the SM game - they have plans and they feel no compulsion to share those w/the BY.

So, don't give up HFD - the BY needs you (and the many passionate fans that post here everyday). Don't let your desire to see immediate results impact your ability to see the many moving pieces. Learn from the DB lesson, breathe, think long-term, and rather than take your toys home and quit, recommit yourself to UConn athletics.

i want to make DB's life at BC hell on wheels.

Reaction Score
i want to make DB's life at BC hell on wheels.

I for one do not want to limit it to DB. Making every one of their miserable souls even more miserable and pathetic is truly doing God's work.

Reaction Score
Just making an observation here. If you look at the roster with the additions of Bradley and Noel Thomas, Thomas is listed as #24. Haven't seen many WR's wearing numbers in the 20's. Could this possibly mean he is viewed as a defensive back at this point. I know it is way to early to speculate, but just thought it was interesting.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Big Lagow fan based on leadership demonstrated so far and his huge upside...

... But w/ TB now comitting that makes 5 out of Rivals Postseason Top 10 in CT w/ one likey to bounce to 2014 (Coggins) and one going to Harvard (Allen).

Not bad... #2, #4, #5, #9, #10

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3113

I'm really enjoying the fact that despite all of the conference turmoil and all of the "UConn Football is dead", that we were able to flip two 3-star CT players from BC to UConn. Also, I'm enjoying the best recruiting class we've ever had. Can't wait....the future is bright!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
And Oluranjwu and Van Allen go to prep schools. I dont know if they're from CT.
So, when you look at it, with Coggins maybe reclassifying, we've got 5 out of 7. Just the manchester duo is leaving the state.

Reaction Score
And Oluranjwu and Van Allen go to prep schools. I dont know if they're from CT.
So, when you look at it, with Coggins maybe reclassifying, we've got 5 out of 7. Just the manchester duo is leaving the state.

We still need to do better.

Reaction Score
Freebie from Scout

Ken Davis (@Kendavis55)
2/5/13, 12:04 AM
RT @ScoutUConn #UConn Class Moving Higher connecticut.scout.com/2/1263877.html…

http://connecticut.scout.com/2/1263877.html#.URCS1DOJzlA.twitter

"A late recruiting surge by the Connecticut football staff that has produced six commitments since Jan. 24 has elevated the status of the Huskies’ Class of 2013, both within the Big East Conference and nationally."

Reaction Score
ESPN - Top 13 CT Players (13 because it's 2013??) here

UConn "has" #1, #2, #5, #7, #8, #11

Brown and Coggins are uncommitted and status unknown.

My only wish list grab would have been #4 Olanrewaju but he's a Rockville MD kid attending Prep School in CT and we never stood a chance:

"Then, just as quickly as it started for Olanrewaju, it ended - it turns out that UVA was basically his dream school. I quote from Rivals and Scout: "You can ask any of my friends. Since late in my freshman year, I've always talked about attending Virginia." ... "It was kind of my No. 1 going into the whole process." (http://fromoldvirginia.blogspot.com/2012/06/recruit-sadiq-olanrewaju.html)

Reaction Score

My only wish list grab would have been #4 Olanrewaju but he's a Rockville MD kid attending Prep School in CT and we never stood a chance:

"Then, just as quickly as it started for Olanrewaju, it ended - it turns out that UVA was basically his dream school. I quote from Rivals and Scout: "You can ask any of my friends. Since late in my freshman year, I've always talked about attending Virginia." ... "It was kind of my No. 1 going into the whole process." (http://fromoldvirginia.blogspot.com/2012/06/recruit-sadiq-olanrewaju.html)

Well, for those like me who mocked the ties to CT high school coaches, would someone pass the mayo to help me eat my crow sandwich? We certainly turned around our status with in state recruiting in a very short time. Now, did we have some luck this year with Boyle? Yes. But still credit to where credit is due.

Reaction Score

Connecticut with 10 *** or over prospects
Mass with 4 *** or over prospects
New York with 10 *** or over prospects
WV with 3 *** or over prospects
RI, VT, Maine, NH little or nothing.

I'm a bit proud of how many in CT are DI *** or better. I'm surprised there are so few in MA.

Reaction Score

Updated for Boeing Brown:

Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
2/6/13, 12:28 AM
Brookfield (Conn.) QB Boeing Brown told me he will accept a preferred walk-on offer to join #UCF #NSD #SigningDay

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Updated for Boeing Brown:

Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
2/6/13, 12:28 AM
Brookfield (Conn.) QB Boeing Brown told me he will accept a preferred walk-on offer to join #UCF #NSD #SigningDay

He's a solid young man and I wish him nothing but success.

Reaction Score
Well, for those like me who mocked the ties to CT high school coaches, would someone pass the mayo to help me eat my crow sandwich? We certainly turned around our status with in state recruiting in a very short time. Now, did we have some luck this year with Boyle? Yes. But still credit to where credit is due.

:)

You want that with whipped cream or without?

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 10:14am via TweetDeck
#UConn commit Jamar Summers needs to fulfill NCAA Clearhouse requirements before he signs with Huskies Post original url/XWideX

>>Friday, February 08, 2013

Update on UConn commit Jamar Summers

I reached out to the folks at Orange (N.J.) High School after UConn commitment Jamar Summers did not sign with the Huskies on Wednesday.

Orange assistant principal Dana Gaines emailed me this response regarding Summers' intentions.

Jamar still plans on attending UConn, however, he still needs additional coursework to fulfill Clearinghouse requirements. Therefore, he has not officially signed. "

I'll be checking in on the time frame of Summers heading to UConn at a later date.

posted by Jim Fuller at 10:11 AM<<

Reaction Score
Connecticut with 10 *** or over prospects
Mass with 4 *** or over prospects
New York with 10 *** or over prospects
WV with 3 *** or over prospects
RI, VT, Maine, NH little or nothing.

I'm a bit proud of how many in CT are DI *** or better. I'm surprised there are so few in MA.
As a T&F coach, I can tell you the same surprising pattern holds true between CT & MA in that sport as well. The New England championships are generally equally represented by CT and MA being the front runners overall (NH and ME pretty well represented, and RI being a notch below, and VT being non-existent). Both MA and CT are roughly even, and plenty of years CT is slightly ahead in terms of the best performances. Given the population disparity, a bit surprising for sure. Many of the best football players also do T&F obviously, so no surprise about football recruits, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom