2013 Commit Sha-Ki Holines Leaves UConn for UMass | The Boneyard

2013 Commit Sha-Ki Holines Leaves UConn for UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://umass. /Article/Holines-Leaves-UConn-for-UMass-151332 (edit - blocked link)

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootba...ighs_sha-ki_holines.html#incart_river_default -- There is a jump to the Maroon Musket article in this link.

>>The Springfield, Mass. native committed to the Minutemen back in July 2012 but later flipped to the University of Connecticut. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound recruit was the first to decommit from Charley Molnar's 2013 class.

In a strange twist, Holines has changed his mind again, and will play football at the University of Massachusetts. Charley Molnar made the announcement today, and a source told the Maroon Musket about the news last night.

Holines was at UConn's fall camp for "a week or two" and "had his high school coach contact (UMass)" in order to get a release from his Letter of Intent, according to the source. Per NCAA recruiting rules, Holines will have to sit out this year, but he enrolled at UMass on Monday and began practicing with the team yesterday.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bummer. I thought this kid could have an impact for us.

APA

Reaction Score
How do you enroll in school 3 weeks after classes began?

Reaction Score
Jesus H.... It is absurd that this is happening now. I would be absolutely livid if I was Jordan Fuchs.

Reaction Score
Jesus H.... It is absurd that this is happening now. I would be absolutely livid if I was Jordan Fuchs.

Let's hope he's not. We won't get him this season, water over the bridge. but we sure as heck will need him next season and beyond.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I wish the young man the very best. Better to find out now that he doesn't have the shak to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
That's 3 from the class - one and you say, stuff happens; 2, you scratch your head; 3 ......

Reaction Score
Why play for PP?? Make the move these things won't happy.......who can blame these kids seriously!

Reaction Score
There's a problem, but before one declares kids are leaving b/c PP, these are the same kids that signed to play w/PP. There's a problem, but i am not sure what is going on. I would scratch my head if kids thought the same guy they signed on to spend 5 years with was the problem one year later. Ironically, the only thread I am seeing is kids are seemingly unhappy w/their position on the depth chart.

Do you not think a new staff will put more kids at risk in the short-term?

Reaction Score
I think kids have a BIGGER misconception of UCONN football. Yeah, our record hasn't been that great for the past 2 years and 3 games this season so far, but we're not that bad. Media hype may have kids thinking they can come right in a start over kids that are already here. That probably goes on a lot in college football, but just sayin, with UCONN football, we aren't that far away from being a good football team guys. We just aren't mentally tough enough to play a full game. a few plays here and there that we make and our record under Coach P would be different (above .500) which would change the perception a bit. Heck, it would very well mean we'd get a kid ranked higher than Holines ( no disrespect to the kid).. a ' 4 star ' or better kid (finally) who would look at our program as half full and not half empty.

Reaction Score
That's 3 from the class - one and you say, stuff happens; 2, you scratch your head; 3 ......

Each has his own well documented story... I'm less inclined to draw conclusions with these three (Lagow, Sylva, Holiness).

Both Holines (originally a UMass commit who flipped to UConn) and JUCO Sylva (a Don Brown recruit) are buying the "Made in Massachusetts" tag line Molnar is pushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom