2012 NBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hahaha! I'll believe it when I see it! That was a horrific pick by Cleveland. Not saying Lamb should have gone 4th but Waiters at that spot was a major reach for a team that needed a different position than Waiters.
They needed players. Waiters at #4 just doesn't cut it IMHO. Lamb would have been a smarter pick if they wanted a shooting guard.

Reaction Score
Wroten is talented as hell but the Grizz desperately need perimeter shooting and Wroten can't shoot at all. They do need a backup PG for Wroten though and I like his potential to develop into that more than I do Selby's.

caw

Reaction Score
Wroten is talented as hell but the Grizz desperately need perimeter shooting and Wroten can't shoot at all. They do need a backup PG for Wroten though and I like his potential to develop into that more than I do Selby's.

I would have taken Teague I think. Just an odd pick for a team that needs shooters.

Reaction Score
I know Perry Jones is a bit of a dog, but he is crazy talented. He could be a steal for someone.

caw

Reaction Score
Great for OKC, not sure if he ever becomes a starter for them, but he gets to back up Durant.

Reaction Score
great landing spot for PJ3 and great pick for OKC, there's not gonna be any pressure for him to be a star, just a high level role player

Reaction Score
OKC is very fortunate, PJ3 is one of the biggest steals I can remember, he will be better than a bunch of players picked before him. All the Baylor guy's are way undervalued, that teams problem was point guard play, PJ3 and the two Quncy's are very good.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's the danger of coming back. A lot of fans talk about how kids should stay in college to improve their draft status. Sometimes the best thing you have going for you in the NBA draft is being an unknown. I have to think Drummond would have gone higher if he had stayed hidden in prep school for a year. Now he might be a better player and a better person for having gone to college for a year, but purely from a draft position I'm not sure it was the right call.

He went 9th it's not like he fell off the map.

Reaction Score
He could be Dwight Howard, he could be Kwame Brown. Both guys have done just fine financially for themselves. I think he has the highest ceiling in the draft - he's basically a stronger, more athletic Davis. But Davis is a much more assertive and skilled player right now. It's just crazy to consider how gifted Drummond is, but how far he has to go as a basketball player. Can't lose sight of the fact that he is still just 18 years old, and doesn't turn 19 for 2 months.

I don't know that Drummond is a more athletic Davis. Davis is shockingly athletic for someone his size, both in terms of speed/jump/run as well as hand-eye coordination. Drummond is definitely stronger though. Davis was astonishing this season. In terms of Kwame and Dwight, yes both have done well financially for themselves, but would you really want to be Kwame (or say Darko)? Making millions but also being an abject failure? I'd rather make less and not have that pressure.

Reaction Score
Those were two great picks for the celtics considering need and current roster.

The NBA IQ on this board is so low

Drafting on need late in the NBA draft is how you end up with stiffs. Best player available at that point. Fab Melo ain't replacing Garnett.

Reaction Score
Drafting on need late in the NBA draft is how you end up with stiffs. Best player available at that point. Fab Melo ain't replacing Garnett.

Fab's isn't suppose to replace KG, hes there to add front court depth and replace Stiemsma or Hollins. I believe he is better then both of those players. The celtics were not drafting a starter at 22 in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom