2012 NBA Draft Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2012 NBA Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
its time!!!!!!!!!

I think this is going to be one of the most interesting drafts in a while...I expect alot of trading to happen in this draft!

I hate to be a bit ornery on draft night. First of all a huge congrats to Andre (#9 to Detroit) and Jeremy(#12 to Houston). And this comes off a very disappointing season which makes it even sweeter. And now for the ornery part. I have known Jim Calhoun(not as a personal friend) but in the context of all he has done for Connecticut basketball,local charities, the overall reputation of the university and on and on. At a time when, once again, a couple of solid young men are high draft picks, I want to say to all of the folks at Yahoo, various media idiots from ESPN to Fox, and even some members of the Horde, who have used JC and the program for target practice; and implied to one degree or another that it was dirty, you can all go to hell. Actually, YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!!!!!. This is a great institution with a wide variety of outstanding academic and athletic programs. And it will survive and thrive long after the ratings mongers have faded away. This upcoming season is the season of the phoenix rising from the ashes stronger than ever. And no, we don't want any of the target shooters coming around to share in any of it.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Cant believe Sullinger is dropping...crazy...he was talk to be the #1 pick last year...

That's the danger of coming back. A lot of fans talk about how kids should stay in college to improve their draft status. Sometimes the best thing you have going for you in the NBA draft is being an unknown. I have to think Drummond would have gone higher if he had stayed hidden in prep school for a year. Now he might be a better player and a better person for having gone to college for a year, but purely from a draft position I'm not sure it was the right call.

Reaction Score
Houston is a good organization. I'm more worried abt AD in Detroit.

Reaction Score

HAHAHAHA...the offseason...where you hope pray for something exciting to happen to fill that UConn Bball void...desperation...hahaha

Reaction Score
Not a fan of where either player ended up at, neither team has a PG I would want on my team.

You don't like Dragic? He's more shoot first but he's still a very good player, if Parsons could look good in Houston's system and get good looks Lamb should as well.

caw

Reaction Score
Hilarious, Lamb and White on the same team now.

Reaction Score
That's the danger of coming back. A lot of fans talk about how kids should stay in college to improve their draft status. Sometimes the best thing you have going for you in the NBA draft is being an unknown. I have to think Drummond would have gone higher if he had stayed hidden in prep school for a year. Now he might be a better player and a better person for having gone to college for a year, but purely from a draft position I'm not sure it was the right call.
I must admit that I'm surprised how far AD dropped after so much talk before the season began that he might be the 1st or 2nd pick. I have no doubt that if he stayed in prep he would have gone higher.

AD has a high ceiling and could turn out to be a huge steal at 9 if he works hard at his game, stays healthy and develops. If he doesn't work hard and consistently do what he's capable of doing he could turn out not to be such a great value. IMO, I think he's going to develop slowly at first, but by year 3 will begin to look like a dominating player. I think he's going to be a player that many will look back and wonder how so many teams passed on him. It probably won't look that way next season or even the next, but it eventually it will.

I think he's going to be an Amare S type talent, though better defender, at some point during his NBA career.

Reaction Score
Philly has a very promising roster and great coach

starting to remind me of the Hawks 2.0, a bunch of like sized players who will be fighting for the same position, Harkless is basically Thad Young 2.0. I don't really see them being more than a 2nd round team, could be ECF if things fall right like similar to this year.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Didn't you hear? Dion Waiters will make Lamb eat his shorts.

Hahaha! I'll believe it when I see it! That was a horrific pick by Cleveland. Not saying Lamb should have gone 4th but Waiters at that spot was a major reach for a team that needed a different position than Waiters.

Reaction Score
He could be Dwight Howard, he could be Kwame Brown. Both guys have done just fine financially for themselves. I think he has the highest ceiling in the draft - he's basically a stronger, more athletic Davis. But Davis is a much more assertive and skilled player right now. It's just crazy to consider how gifted Drummond is, but how far he has to go as a basketball player. Can't lose sight of the fact that he is still just 18 years old, and doesn't turn 19 for 2 months.

I must admit that I'm surprised how far AD dropped after so much talk before the season began that he might be the 1st or 2nd pick. I have no doubt that if he stayed in prep he would have gone higher.

AD has a high ceiling and could turn out to be a huge steal at 9 if he works hard at his game, stays healthy and develops. If he doesn't work hard and consistently do what he's capable of doing he could turn out not to be such a great value. IMO, I think he's going to develop slowly at first, but by year 3 will begin to look like a dominating player. I think he's going to be a player that many will look back and wonder how so many teams passed on him. It probably won't look that way next season or even the next, but it eventually it will.

I think he's going to be an Amare S type talent, though better defender, at some point during his NBA career.

caw

Reaction Score
You don't like Dragic? He's more shoot first but he's still a very good player, if Parsons could look good in Houston's system and get good looks Lamb should as well.

Dragic is OK, but he is an unrestricted free agent, no?

Reaction Score
I'm assuming the Rockets gotta be dealing someone, Morris last year, now White and Jones this year all at the 4???

caw

Reaction Score
I imagine, I'm not a fan of Morris. Not sure who I would keep between White and Jones.

Reaction Score
Dragic is OK, but he is an unrestricted free agent, no?

He is but I'd imagine they're going to go all out to retain him since they seem to have decided that they're going to move Lowry and Lowry himself said he can't coexist with McHale.

Reaction Score
I imagine, I'm not a fan of Morris. Not sure who I would keep between White and Jones.

Yea, and I forgot they took Patterson from UK 2 years before that as well.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Is Doron Lamb not in the draft? I would think he would be drafted by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads