20 Years Ago | Page 2 | The Boneyard

20 Years Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Ray 5 of 20, 12 rebounds. Looks like a DHam stat line.
I think he started out the game 4 for 5 or something. He was red hot, and then could not hit a thing the rest of the game. Vitale was killing him for going all jumpshots.
Play of the game was in the middle of the 12-0 run when Ricky took it to the rim and Kirk followed up with the put-back dunk. I think that brought us within 1.

Reaction Score
I remember that night. My first game at the Garden. The atmosphere outside before the game was electric and the sound level inside was deafening! Especially when Iverson missed his shot. I couldn't tell when the buzzer sounded it was so loud. The Husky fans were unbelievable that night. I notice that the volume comes across well in the video. Oh what a night.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
But that shot tho....
Not comparing the two at all. I was just surprised that Ray shot 25% for the game. And then I saw his rebound total-wow. Getting back to DHam, I just hope people give him time. The fact that he has struggled at times this year may be good for him and UConn. I believe he knows he needs to stay and work on his game. Also, the Ricky layup into the Kirk King follow dunk is soooo awesome. BTW, is that Jerome Williams who misses the putback at the end. Foul or not that was a bunny.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not comparing the two at all. I was just surprised that Ray shot 25% for the game. And then I saw his rebound total-wow. Getting back to DHam, I just hope people give him time. The fact that he has struggled at times this year may be good for him and UConn. I believe he knows he needs to stay and work on his game. Also, the Ricky layup into the Kirk King follow dunk is soooo awesome. BTW, is that Jerome Williams who misses the putback at the end. Foul or not that was a bunny.

I'm not as down on Dham as others. I think the struggle this year will help him tremendously next year. Much like Bazz's 2012. Add the impact of soph Adams and Alterique, and Dham is likely to be dangerous next year.

No idea on JW. But that looked like an early Voskhul shot (fortunately he got sorted later as an upperclassmen).

Reaction Score
I remember that night. My first game at the Garden. The atmosphere outside before the game was electric and the sound level inside was deafening! Especially when Iverson missed his shot. I couldn't tell when the buzzer sounded it was so loud. The Husky fans were unbelievable that night. I notice that the volume comes across well in the video. Oh what a night.
It was unusual for Iverson to miss that shot, we had favor on our side. I remember hollering for joy with Ray's shot, then holding my breath when AI started charging up the floor. But then I noticed Ricky picking him up and I knew we got this.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The best part is Calhoun jumping up and down and then seeing Thompson and wiping the smile off his face like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Reaction Score
Wow this makes me feel old! I was only a year and a half away from being born then!

Reaction Score
Couldn't believe the putback of Iverson's miss didn't go in.
I'll never forget the rollercoaster of emotions that game ended with. Pure excitement when that absurd Allen shot went in; terror Iverson's shot would go in, relief when he missed, and the sudden dread when the ball fell into Georgetown's hands and the shot looked like it was going in.

My UConn memories in the early 90s are sparse...but 1996 was the first year I really remember: a sixth grader overly passionate about a team that had yet to win the any tournament of note in my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom