2 Wins in Atlantis | The Boneyard
  • If you are seeing a McAfee pop up about malware, switch to the AO style.

To do so, go to the bottom left of any screen, click the style currently selected (boneyard or dark), then click AO. If you still have the problem after switching, send me a screen capture.

If you are not a registered user, you may have to switch style each time you visit until the issue is resolved, or register a free account. Edit: I'm told this Chrome Extention in helps to prevent pop ups:

Click here for Chrome Plug Extension

2 Wins in Atlantis

Jorgensen

UConn ‘10
Reaction Score
I think most on here would agree two wins in Atlantis is still a success. Yes, today should have already been the second win, but we were short-handed, probably tired, made some silly errors, and ended up on the wrong side of questionable calls. Let’s take care of business tomorrow, get that second win, and move on with the season. This team is good, will learn from mistakes, and will win a lot of basketball games.

Reaction Score
I think most on here would agree two wins in Atlantis is still a success. Yes, today should have already been the second win, but we were short-handed, probably tired, made some silly errors, and ended up on the wrong side of questionable calls. Let’s take care of business tomorrow, get that second win, and move on with the season. This team is good, will learn from mistakes, and will win a lot of basketball games.
That was the goal I set out for the team as well-get 2 wins. It sucks that it wasn't today especially with that awful game changing call. However, the coaching staff definitely have some things to work on with the players.

Reaction Score
Yeah but if we lost it was supposed to be to one of the teams that is projected to be better than us and in the championship game. Preferably Baylor even though I think we can beat them too.

Reaction Score
We won the game we had to in beating Auburn to be on track to play MSU & Baylor.

Should have won today...a MSU win & close game vs Baylor (win or lose) would have set us up great for the season.

Now VCU a must win to call Atlantis a success.

Reaction Score
Yeah but if we lost it was supposed to be to one of the teams that is projected to be better than us and in the championship game. Preferably Baylor even though I think we can beat them too.
If you think losing to Auburn is better than MSU you need to get your head checked

Reaction Score

Agree but beating MSU and having no pressure to beat Baylor was the way. And by no means is VCU a win. Today’s loss was just a bad one.

Reaction Score
Agree but beating MSU and having no pressure to beat Baylor was the way. And by no means is VCU a win. Today’s loss was just a bad one.
This was a bad loss. We let this one get away. You cant tie a game late and then have 5 straight horrible possessions. Then follow it up with taking a 7 point lead with 2 min and have several straight terrible possessions. Yes we had some bad calls but we shot ourselves in the foot with some needless bad plays.

Reaction Score
Agree with the OP- I don’t see all the doom and gloom that many others do with this loss. Looking at the big picture we lost a close game to a top 20 KenPom team without one of our crucial players, within 18 hours of a 2 OT game, and with no help from the refs. But it’s not like we were going undefeated this year anyways!

Time to move on, beat VCU tomorrow and right the ship.

Last edited:

Jorgensen

UConn ‘10
Reaction Score
monty python GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

What loss? We won. In March nobody will remember how bad we played. Hurley said in a lot of ways we played horrible. But it’s a W and that’s all that will be remembered when it matters. They need to learn from this and the loss yesterday. Same problems in both games.

Reaction Score
What loss? We won. In March nobody will remember how bad we played. Hurley said in a lot of ways we played horrible. But it’s a W and that’s all that will be remembered when it matters. They need to learn from this and the loss yesterday. Same problems in both games.

That was about yesterday HH what’s wrong with you?

Reaction Score
I said if we didn't go 2-1 in Atlantis I would be disappointed. We went 2-1. I'm not disappointed, but I am adjusting my expectations for this season.
Reasonable. We are deep with 9 players,we rebound well but are offensively challenged. Forget the talk about being top 10.

Reaction Score
We should've won all 3 games despite going 9/40 from 3 in the last two games. We went cold, made 2 too many mistakes down the stretch against MSU, but I think we were the better team for 25 of the 40 minutes. And then lost our heads a bit against HAVOC with less than a day's prep. It happens. Did what we needed to do to get the win in the last one.

When you start 4 6'5"+ guys, ball-handling is almost always going to be a weakness, and we played 2 pressing teams. And one in the 3rd game in 3 days after playing 2 top 30 teams in previous days.

I think we're still a top 25 team (although maybe not in the polls this week).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was about yesterday HH what’s wrong with you?

Apologies, realized it after. Somebody bumped the thread and 2/3 in Atlantis sounds like a today thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olimpia Mi

usa
Top Bottom