2 minutes left in the game-tied up. Who do you put on the floor? | The Boneyard

2 minutes left in the game-tied up. Who do you put on the floor?

Reaction Score
I agree.
JB is buckets

CV is hustle heart and great D

Tyler Phommachanh is silky smooth

AA Block, great D, great O

JC big body

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
CV for his foul shooting and his nose for rebounds.
JB because he's JB
AA because of his rebounding and shot blocking, 3 point acumen and the assumption that he'll be good from the line.
I need a true point in there. My heart says AG, but my head says BA.
What's more important for the last position? Tyler's range or JC's rebound/putback abilities? Depends who we're playing, I guess.

Reaction Score
CV, AA, JC, Bouk and for me, it would be a toss-up for 5th. the way he has been playing lately, I really want to say BA.

Reaction Score
I think BA needs to be on the floor. His ability to defend multiple positions, drive to the basket and shoot the ball earn him the spot imo.

Reaction Score
I think BA needs to be on the floor. His ability to defend multiple positions, drive to the basket and shoot the ball earn him the spot imo.
He has to be. He's our best on ball defender and has shown he can make shots in the clutch.

BA
CV
JB
Tyler Phommachanh
AA/JC would be my choice

Reaction Score
A minute left, is at least three possessions. More, when one team gets ahead and the other starts fouling. CV is our most reliable FT shooter. In this scenario, he NEEDS to be on the court.

He's missed one free throw all season. Something like 27/28.

Reaction Score
Whoever has the hot hand(s) along with the best of the night defenders!

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
He has to be. He's our best on ball defender and has shown he can make shots in the clutch.

BA
CV
JB
Tyler Phommachanh
AA/JC would be my choice
CV is definitely this teams best on ball defender

Reaction Score
I'm just as excited to see Bouk on the floor as everyone and want to see him on the floor a lot more, but we also saw how his inexperience on d cost us the game vs Xavier. I think until Hurley can trust him on d, we won't be seeing him in the last 2 minutes unless it's an offense/defense substitution game for the last 2 minutes.

That being said, I hope his defense grows really quickly and that he can be trusted in those last 2 minutes come conference play.

Reaction Score
Did you see the Xavier game? CV might try to play hero and cost us a game. Also, Hurley thinks BA is a better ballhandler than CV. Al’s made clutch free throws all year.

You saw the Florida game right? He goes 6/6 from the line and knocks in 2 critical free throws to put us up 3, then once he gets the steal initiated by AG, hero balls us right into a W by dribbling out the clock.

Reaction Score
First of all tell me which AG I’m getting? If it’s the regulation X game or the last game then it’s a done deal he’s in the lineup. Absolutely the only guard of all (not including Bouk as a PG) that can take any defender off the dribble and get to a spot he wants. Add to that our best on ball defender as he proved vs X and Miami. For those daring to say CV not sure what you watch. And Brendan Adams works hard but not able to stay with the fast smaller guards.

Anyway after that if it is AG I would need to know who’s playing well. Books automatic and CV too unless he’s hero balling it. Akok and Carlton also. But I doubt there’s ever a time we just go with 5 all 2 minutes anyway. Polley, Adams, Sid all waiting for offense/defense at the table.

I think in all reality it can go game to game who’s playing well, who’s the other team and their strengths? Good news is we’re reasy at 10 deep to match and adjust. Last 2 minutes is a very long time these days in a college hoops game these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom