2 Huskies Projected to go in 1st Rd by ESPN [merged] | The Boneyard

2 Huskies Projected to go in 1st Rd by ESPN [merged]

Reaction Score
MA Voepel sees Lou as a first round possibility in the latest mock draft projection. It looks like her main competition may be Maddy Siegrist, who occupies a similar size and skill niche.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
F8688FCB-8E5C-428B-A3E4-31212A10C4E5.jpeg

1675870973954.png

Reaction Score
When I think of Dorka in the WNBA, it seems like it may be a better fit for her skillset even than the college game is. She runs the court well, can handle the ball at mid court, already has perimeter range, passes well and is pretty much fearless. Rebounding and post moves may need some work, but the rest of the package is there and is unusual in a college big.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Honest question which WNBA teams have a center who's game is limited to 10 feet from the basket?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So wait a minute...right before the Tennessee game, didn't Geno say that Lou was not on any of the WNBA draft boards and now ESPN is projecting her as 1st round pick? When Geno speaks, people listen (riff on the old EF Hutton speaks commercials). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So wait a minute...right before the Tennessee game, didn't Geno say that Lou was not on any of the WNBA draft boards and now ESPN is projecting her as 1st round pick? When Geno speaks, people listen (riff on the old EF Hutton speaks commercials). :rolleyes:
Lou put in the work and it was just a matter of time. If Geno had said nothing...Lou was headed to the draft board.

Reaction Score
I think, could be wrong,that he was speaking about all-america picks, not draft picks.

Reaction Score
No way is a small forward who can’t shoot the three going to be the second pick. The bigger question, though, is how two top six teammates could be on a team that has lost nine games. There is zero chance this mock draft will be accurate.

Reaction Score
Dorka and Lou both belong as 1st round picks. Dorka is 6'5" and has a lot of upside to her game. As they say, you can't teach height! As for Lou, the sleeper of the portal, and no longer a sleeper in the draft. Simply put, this kid has game and can play anywhere (location not position)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Dorka and Lou both belong as 1st round picks. Dorka is 6'5" and has a lot of upside to her game. As they say, you can't teach height! As for Lou, the sleeper of the portal, and no longer a sleeper in the draft. Simply put, this kid has game and can play anywhere (location not position)
I hope they both get invited to the WNBA draft with Geno. I would absolutely love to see the looks on their faces when their name is called.

Reaction Score
WNBA usually only invites 12 prospects to the Draft (which I never understood, someone is usually waiting til the second round and some others aren’t even there to celebrate being a first round pick).

That being sound, I’m eager to see if either or both are chosen to attend.

Reaction Score
I still think that Lou is a steal at #12.
I agree. She's not as 'big' as some of her competition, even though she's 6'1" -- though she's the same height as Siegrist. But she is fierce and intrepid. She gets fouled and bruised up, and she still cuts through the lane and still takes the ball to the rim. And she's at least as good a shooter as anyone on the board. Against SC I think she displayed all those virtues, and also showed off her handles a bit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
During the Tennessee game, Lobo remarked that Geno said that you won't find Lou's name on any draft board.
WTH?!? :eek: We all know how hard it is to make a roster regardless of what round you were taken, or if you're a free agent. Teams like free agents because they bring some experience into the equation. GM's also like rookies because they bring a bottom of the barrel rookie wage scale with them that helps fill the bottom of the roster (depth chart) where there is little or no money left to pay players.
Each WNBA team must carry a minimum of 11 players.
The maximum is 12 players, as outlined in the league's CBA. Some teams only carry 11 players for this reason. Lou should be able to make somebody's final cut.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom