2-16 From 3 | The Boneyard

2-16 From 3

Reaction Score
Yea Cole was 2-2 the ready 0-14. Polley missed all three of his attempts in the first half. They didn’t try and find shots for him or Hawkins in 2nd half.
Still dont understand this. Did Polley even take a shot?

Reaction Score
Still dont understand this. Did Polley even take a shot?
They were glued to our best shooters. The only guys were were open at times from 3 was Martin and Sanogo. The day before we shot the lights out from 3 and Izzo had that as the game plan. He single covered Sanogo mostly too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yet, it was Sanogo missing all those bunnies that hurt worse. Nevermind that killer late foul.

Reaction Score
That's all.

Well I was curious to see what would happen when they didn’t shoot 15-26 from 3. Truth is that happened immediately yesterday and they still had a nice lead with a couple minutes left. Bad news is they couldn’t close again!

Also alarming is at 15-26 they needed extra time to win. Both games are concerning although the win is a win.

Reaction Score
Well I was curious to see what would happen when they didn’t shoot 15-26 from 3. Truth is that happened immediately yesterday and they still had a nice lead with a couple minutes left. Bad news is they couldn’t close again!

Also alarming is at 15-26 they needed extra time to win. Both games are concerning although the win is a win.
These games are not concerning. What the hell. We beat a top 20 team. And lost a close one to another soon to be top 25 team. We can’t win them all. On a back to back after a double OT win their legs were tired. That’s the reasoning for the 2-16 imo. Holding onto leads will come

Reaction Score
These games are not concerning. What the hell. We beat a top 20 team. And lost a close one to another soon to be top 25 team. We can’t win them all. On a back to back after a double OT win their legs were tired. That’s the reasoning for the 2-16 imo. Holding onto leads will come

Let’s not pretend that there aren’t 5-6 teams in the Big East that are as good as MSU and Auburn. These weren’t great teams and it may be early to be “alarmed” there has to be concern with the inability to close with solid leads.

Reaction Score
Let’s not pretend that there aren’t 6-7 teams in the Big East that are as good as MSU and Auburn. These weren’t great teams and it may be early to be “alarmed” there has to be concern with the inability to close with solid leads.

Michigan St beat Butler at Butler by 20 and were never threatened. They'd be at worst the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big East. They are battling #6 Baylor at the half.

People really revealing themselves pretending Auburn and Michigan State are not good.

Reaction Score
Let’s not pretend that there aren’t 5-6 teams in the Big East that are as good as MSU and Auburn. These weren’t great teams and it may be early to be “alarmed” there has to be concern with the inability to close with solid leads.
There aren't, there's at most 2 teams in Villanova and Seton Hall

Reaction Score
There’s literally no better way to say you don’t watch basketball outside of the big East than this statement. The only teams as good as Auburn and MSU in the big East are UConn, Nova, and MAYBE HALL/Xavier

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don’t think there are. Not counting us, maybe 2-3 as good as Auburn. Auburn is better than MSU. The shooting is a concern in part because everyone went cold at once. On the other hand, tired legs do not make for great deep shooting. Simply put, if we close out Auburn in regulation as we should have, we beat MSU, probably by a decent amount. Would have had Whaley and some shots would have fallen.

Reaction Score
Michigan St beat Butler at Butler by 20 and were never threatened. They'd be at worst the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big East. They are battling #6 Baylor at the half.

People really revealing themselves pretending Auburn and Michigan
There’s literally no better way to say you don’t watch basketball outside of the big East than this statement. The only teams as good as Auburn and MSU in the big East are UConn, Nova, and MAYBE HALL/Xavier

I watch plenty. But you are so right they were really good teams and we should accept the results. Well said lol. Get used to it then, that’s my point. Blowing leads is not a good trait becomes habitual and wont matter if it’s MSU, Auburn, Johnnies, Xavier, Nova it will get painful. But I’m ok you’re fine with that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watch plenty. But you are so right they were really good teams and we should accept the results. Well said lol. Get used to it then, that’s my point.

MSU is only down 2 at half to Baylor. They are pretty good.

Reaction Score
I watch plenty. But you are so right they were really good teams and we should accept the results. Well said lol. Get used to it then, that’s my point.
Used to what? It’s ok to admit you were off. They are really good teams. This board underrated MSU going into that game. They’ll be almost top 20 on Monday even with a loss today. With a win? Top 15. Name the 5-6 teams outside of us obviously that are as good as top 25 Auburn and MSU

CBSSports literally has MSu, UConn, and Auburn ranked as the 14th, 15th, and 16th best teams in the country. We’ve proved a lot in these two games to most objective eyes

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
MSU is only down 2 at half to Baylor. They are pretty good.
They are pretty good. So is Baylor. And Baylor only beat VCU by 8, so …?

I hate comparative scores. Games have different flows and matchups, and different players with different strengths and weaknesses. Bottom line is that we were up 7 late on MSU and found a way to lose.

Reaction Score
They are pretty good. So is Baylor. And Baylor only beat VCU by 8, so …?

I hate comparative scores. Games have different flows and matchups, and different players with different strengths and weaknesses. Bottom line is that we were up 7 late on MSU and found a way to lose.
Why can’t it be MSU found a way to win? Did Auburn find a way to lose yesterday? Sometimes, especially in tournament settings, a team I better than you that day. Could we have done something’s better? Obviously. But MSU played a heck of a defensive game. When you play good teams, sometimes you’re going to lose. I don’t think there is one loss this season the boneyard would be ok with. We were never going undefeated. Everything is MORE THAN OK

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Well, I’m not going to run the whole final 3 minutes, but …
1. Sanogo and Jackson fight each other for a rebound and lose it OOB.
2. Jackson misses a free throw and Sanogo fouls, giving them 2 points with the clock stopped.
3. With 10 on the shot clock we take 6 seconds to dump it inside to Sanogo - shot clock violation.
4. Down one we call the obvious play that Izzo had his guys ready for, and pass is stolen

And yes, bad 5th foul call on our one creator at PG, and bad no call on Martin’s rebound. But still.

Why can’t it be MSU found a way to win?

Reaction Score
Well, I’m not going to run the whole final 3 minutes, but …
1. Sanogo and Jackson fight each other for a rebound and lose it OOB.
2. Jackson misses a free throw and Sanogo fouls, giving them 2 points with the clock stopped.
3. With 10 on the clock we set up a play to dump it inside to Sanogo - shot clock violation.
4. Down one we call the obvious play that Izzo had his guys ready for, and pass is stolen

And yes, bad 5th foul call on our one creator at PG, and bad no call on Martin’s rebound. But still.
That wasn’t the final 10 minutes in a vacuum. List the plays Mich St made. They made PLENTY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom