1st and 2nd team Non Wallers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1st and 2nd team Non Wallers

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Laura Lishness, Aisha Jones, Tamika Williams, Jamelle Elliot and Ann Strother. 2nd team Rita Williams, Kelly Schumaker Carla Berube Tiffany Hayes and Kalana Greene. If it werent for injuries Kierstan Walters for Hayes. She was that good.
Yea, she could have been really good. :(

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great idea. Like your teams but how could Tamika Williams not be on your 1st team? Hasn't she been one of our top percentage shooters of all time?
I know. I was going with a starting 5. Jones beats her out at the 4, IMO. But I can certainly see where someone would put her on the 1st team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thinking prospectively, a 1st team Non-Waller in all likelihood will be Kia Nurse, who will potentially play with up to 10+ players whose names will end up on the wall: Stewie, Mo, Tuck, KML, Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Z, Danger, MW, Coombs.....

Those 10+ players will have their names on the wall, in no small part, because they were fortunate enough to have played along side Kia, the ultimate team player & leader.
Yea, that's why I put already graduated. Meaning not currently playing. Besides you never know Nurse might end up on the wall yet??? But if she doesn't make the WoH, next off season when we do this, I imagine she'll be in there somewhere.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this should be the subject of another thread.

UConn player not to be AA but played with the most AA teammates:

9 Caroline Doty (Montgomery, Charles, Moore, Hartley, Dolson, KML, Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck)
9 Saniya Chong (Hartley, Dolson, KML, Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck,Williams, KLS, Collier)
8 Kelly Faris (Charles, Moore, Hartley, Dolson, KML, Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck)
7 Kia Nurse (Stewie, Jefferson, Tuck, KML, KLS, Collier, Gabby...)
6 Gabby (Stewie, Jefferson, Tuck, KML, KLS, Collier)

Who else?
Jefferson and Tuck were not AAs when Kelly and Caroline played with them.

Reaction Score
Out of all the players not on the wall, Stokes should be on that wall. She was the best rebounder and shot blocker to ever play at uconn.

Reaction Score
Out of all the players not on the wall, Stokes should be on that wall. She was the best rebounder and shot blocker to ever play at UConn.

I disagree, if Asjha Jones had been in any other recruiting class, I think she would've been a 1st team AA. She was an Olympian! Not to mention, to me, she was the best combination of offense/defense for a post player in UCONN history. Stewie was a great defender and perimeter defensive laps eraser, but AJ was a fantastic one on one defender.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm glad that about half of you included Kelly Faris on your list, but I am disappointed that the other half of you did not.

And I'm surprised that absolutely no one has mentioned Mel Thomas!

Reaction Score
Not in order of importance other than which team, and not by position:
1st 5
Jamelle Elliot, Carla Berube, Laura Lishness, Ann Strother, Tamika Williams
2nd 5
Ashja Jones, Barbara Turner, Kelly Faris, Klana Greene, Tiffany Hayes
Also worth a mention:
Kelly Schumacher, Mel Thomas, Jess Moore, Rita Williams,

All great players some of whom might have been all american on another team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom