1st 10 minutes: Good and Bad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1st 10 minutes: Good and Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think anxious is a good term to descbribe how we look. Firing up the first semi opwn shot on offense, leaving our feet on defense, we need to calm down.

Reaction Score
The good: this team looks like it is capable of being an outstanding defensive team if they want to be. There were flashes of greatness on D.

The bad: they can't shoot. Definitely concerning.
I think its just early and the shooting will come along. Dham,Sam and Boat can shoot.

Reaction Score
Have faith in KO telling these kids what they need to hear at half. We believe in Harvey Dent. Errrrr....Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
Definitely a lot of jitters. It will be interesting to watch us develop in the half court offense. There's not a "true" point guard and from the incredible short sample size of 20 minutes, we've got some 2 or 3 shoot first types. Defensively, we will be nasty. Essentially we are starting 3 "rookies" in Cassell, Dham, and Facey and they haven't truly figured out UConn defense yet. Our big men obviously have to not foul everything that moves as well. But I have no doubt that we will be a very good defensive team. Offensively might be a struggle. We lost three outstanding perimeter shooters. On paper Cassell and DHam should pick up some of the slack but being essentially freshmen, I expect them to be inconsistent.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We have the same problem we had last year - you really can't throw the ball inside and have anything but tragedy happen to it. The front court is still a tire fire.

In the swap of Shabazz for Sam, we lose about 30 mph and I'll wager about 8-10% in three-point percentage.

TSam is a nice change of pace, but his range is a layup.

Reaction Score
Has to be jitters, we missed so many open shots. If we shoot the three ball like that all year we are in real trouble.

Reaction Score
Brimah and Nolan remain non factors other than committing silly fouls. Outrebounded by 22-20 in the first half by Bryant? Boatright needs to step up and be a leader. Very disappointing first half. Let hope it gets better in the second half. But overall, overrated at this point in time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow.

These guys are ready to fold.

Reaction Score
Understatement of the millennium, we are really going to miss Shabazz Napier.

Reaction Score
Brimah and Nolan remain non factors other than committing silly fouls. Outrebounded by 22-20 in the first half by Bryant? Boatright needs to step up and be a leader. Very disappointing first half. Let hope it gets better in the second half. But overall, overrated at this point in time.

Thinking we should hold off on the 30 and 15, eh?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright is our offense right now

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We're going to need 22+ from Boat every night

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
hahaha how did AB get that block!? He was on the other side of the basket lol

Reaction Score
I think d ham is going to end up being our #2 guy on offense once he calms down.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think d ham is going to end up being our #2 guy on offense once he calms down.
yea the game will eventually slow down for everyone as the season goes on which will help.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell, but against Bryant he does.
No its not just that he definitely looks a little thinner and quicker. Really liking what im seeing out of him and he could have a break out year for us.

Reaction Score
dude who thinks newripcity has perfect form obviously knows jack jones nil and has never released mohinder with bright lights on in anger

the release, and it gets worse behind the 3 marker is a cup release and guide vs the needed finger tip release and let if fly with confidence oozing "you know it is going in"

cup release means he lets it go from palm of shooting hand vs finger tip release

newrip has mega game but he has pretty much shtshot

his high school 3pt % is very poor but he shot overall last high school yr 46%

this dude must have had a trillion lay ups or tips or dink put backs galore because it appears he has touch, release, arc on release, guides or aims it vs the confident let it fly on instincts approach-does husky nation have a shooting coach or are dudes simply on their own; me thinks it is the latter

this dude can really board, really really assist and will become amoeba on d and has very decent handle for it appears a legitimate 6-7 playa

lucky for huskies he has no j so he will be in Storrs at least 2, maybe 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger