1959 Jonathan back on national stage... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1959 Jonathan back on national stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I remember them well. Also remember the kids who thought they were cool and wore the South Carolina hats....

Can't get the image to post...
oBaci8
Every bro in the country was walking around with that hat on.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ryan Nanni is one of the hosts of the Shutdown Fullcast.

Anyone who likes irreverence and "college football" talk should give them a listen.

Saw them live Saturday night; truly fantastic.

I'm more of a PAPN guy just because I enjoy Bill Connelly, but Shutdown Fullcast is good. So is Solid Verbal, not sure if you've ever listened to that

Reaction Score
I'm more of a PAPN guy just because I enjoy Bill Connelly, but Shutdown Fullcast is good. So is Solid Verbal, not sure if you've ever listened to that

Yup those are both good too.

Connelly and Godfrey were actually both part of the live show.

Reaction Score
And people used to get UMASS hats and take the M off.

I had a minor league baseball hat (can't remember from where) that were called the Buzz. I remember a lof of my classmates had UC Santa Cruz hats, which were the Banana Slugs. I am so glad all of this happened before the internet.

That said, I have had a UConn hat or two ever since I want to school in the '90's and have had a Yankees hat or two since I was about 6 after going to my first game in the Bronx.

Reaction Score

For us Casual Fans, what's going on with this dog face logo paired with FSU and Arkansas?

I'm an old-timer, but don't remember that logo. It looks crude and not exactly like a Husky.
More like a white dog with no pure likeage.

Reaction Score
For us Casual Fans, what's going on with this dog face logo paired with FSU and Arkansas?

I'm an old-timer, but don't remember that logo. It looks crude and not exactly like a Husky.
More like a white dog with no pure likeage.

It’s UConn’s 1959 Husky logo.

There are links in the first post in this thread w/ back story.

Reaction Score
I love this, but we are becoming synonymous with Rutgers football.

Everyone was predicting a bad year for UConn.

At the beginning to the season, Rutgers cans were talking about a likely bowl bid with a 6 to 8 win season a possibility (win 7 of the 1st 8 games, lose the last 4, or 7-5). Then they lost to lowly Kansas 55 to 14 followed by a 42-13 drubbing by Buffalo. After losing 24-17 against Indiana, there was an actual sign of relief. Now, the prediction of 2 and 10 or 3-9 record, depending on which Maryland team shows-up (consensus is that they should be Illinois).

Reaction Score
I just wish they would do away with the streamlined logo for all sports and bring the interlocking UC back for basketball. Good mojo with that logo/ time period

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
'59 Husky is becoming the new Senhor Testiculo... you never know where he'll show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom