1959 Jonathan back on national stage... | The Boneyard

1959 Jonathan back on national stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn is missing the boat not embracing Derp Dog. They should plaster that sucker all over hats, t-shirts, magnets etc. For a program that seems to wrestle with identity that is one logo that is appealing on so many levels. I don't currently have any Uconn Gear, but if the effort was made to do some cool stuff with this logo I'd rock a ball cap or T-shirt.

Reaction Score
Uconn is missing the boat not embracing Derp Dog. They should plaster that sucker all over hats, t-shirts, magnets etc. For a program that seems to wrestle with identity that is one logo that is appealing on so many levels. I don't currently have any Uconn Gear, but if the effort was made to do some cool stuff with this logo I'd rock a ball cap or T-shirt.
they have done small runs on gear in the past. I just don't know how/why they kept that logo a secret for over 50 years

Reaction Score

I saw hats available @ Campus Bookstore when moving son in... let me see if I can find on-line link that was suppose to be up in the fall.

Edit: Don’t see them on line yet Hats - University of Connecticut Storrs Campus Bookstore but they were definitely on @ Bookstore The weekend of the 25th.

Reaction Score
Ryan Nanni is one of the hosts of the Shutdown Fullcast.

Anyone who likes irreverence and "college football" talk should give them a listen.

Saw them live Saturday night; truly fantastic.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
UConn should have gotten SNL royalties.
RPMJ3ZO2FS2JV4DPKM2L6FP47A.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I saw someone wearing a hat with it at the UCF game.
I had mine on, but the dog is on the side. A UCD fan stopped me and asked about it. Had to explain the Yukon huskies thing to him, it’s not like we are an unknown athletic program.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I saw hats available @ Campus Bookstore when moving son in... let me see if I can find on-line link that was suppose to be up in the fall.

Edit: Don’t see them on line yet Hats - University of Connecticut Storrs Campus Bookstore but they were definitely on @ Bookstore The weekend of the 25th.
Side question, anyone know if they sell UConn gear at the Hartford campus bookstore like they do in Storrs? Just curious because it's a heck of a lot closer to drive there then to drive up to Storrs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Side question, anyone know if they sell UConn gear at the Hartford campus bookstore like they do in Storrs? Just curious because it's a heck of a lot closer to drive there then to drive up to Storrs.

They do. It's all along the back wall right as you walk in.

Reaction Score
they have done small runs on gear in the past. I just don't know how/why they kept that logo a secret for over 50 years
Because we were once small time.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Found that hat online: Zephyr University Adjustable Hat

I do wish I could get a UConn classic bar hat. Only one I found online is here: UConn Snapback College Bar Hats by The Game

And for some reason you need to buy in bulk.

Reaction Score
There's something special about college sports that allows for the promotion of irreverent mascots free from the over stylized look you see in The NFL or NBA. I guess that is what I dislike so strongly about the recent Husky Rebrand compared to the older white husky with its tongue out, or even better 1959 Jonathon AKA Derp Dog who I LOVE. The new Husky looks like something born of a marketing meeting that included zero input from anyone with a personal connection to the school or brand. I could just here some clown with a man bun saying "It needs to be edgier" Wrong it needs to be MORE UConn. Dump that non descript Arena Football League Looking Mascot and bring back the white dog. Even better once a year give it a Derp Dog head. That would be better than The Tree, Hilltopper, and Schocker combined.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I went through 2 or 3 of those in blue back in the mid 1990's. It was a hat that nearly every student had.
I do vaguely remember them in blue. I think it was during a period that I didn't need a hat so I wasn't paying attention.

Reaction Score
I do vaguely remember them in blue. I think it was during a period that I didn't need a hat so I wasn't paying attention.
And why do you need a hat now?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
And why do you need a hat now?
Less hair.

(and my current ones are getting old.)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I went through 2 or 3 of those in blue back in the mid 1990's. It was a hat that nearly every student had.
Gotta get the brim super duper bent and bonus points if it’s frayed. I’m a bit younger than when these were the thing but my oldest brother is class of 2000 so I am very familiar with the look.

Reaction Score
I remember them well. Also remember the kids who thought they were cool and wore the South Carolina hats....

Can't get the image to post...
oBaci8

That’s probably a good thing for Tom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members