#19 UConn v. #15 Northeastern (Fri. 2/25/22 @ Matthews Arena @7p on NESN+/Sat. 2/26/22 @ XL Center @3:05p on CW20) >Also streamed on CollegeSportsLive | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#19 UConn v. #15 Northeastern (Fri. 2/25/22 @ Matthews Arena @7p on NESN+/Sat. 2/26/22 @ XL Center @3:05p on CW20) >Also streamed on CollegeSportsLive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is a special kind of stupid. If you are parsing the play that closely the goalie tripped him.

You also now have to disallow any goal where any puck carrier's skate enters the crease.

It makes the NFL catch rule seem sensical.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bad call now moot. Gotta keep this team off the board.

Reaction Score
Tough weekend for the Huskies but Northeastern was the better team today and deserved the win. UConn looked gassed. Tip your hat to the Huntington hounds and get ready for Vermont. To bad any chance of making the NCAA’s are gone.

Reaction Score
Ugly weekend not sure how you get swept spending so much time in their end with that many shots on goal. Terrible weekend

Reaction Score
Well,we just can't have nice things..

Needed today big time. Saw a lot of good things, but bottom line no W.

Cavanaugh has to coach them to a sweep of VT next weekend. No ifs, and/or buts - Get it done...

Reaction Score
Dominating this game and they are losing they are sooo much better than this team
Played better than NE until the kondelik goal. Then played some of their worst hockey of they year.
Despite that they took a 3-2 lead on a beautiful goal in front that was inexplicably reversed - perhaps the worst goal reversal I’ve seen in my life.
Unless there is some tuck rule for goalies I don’t know about how do you allow a goaltender to lead out of his crease with his head, get brushed on his head by a player trying to go around said goalie and then after the goal, the goalie whines to his head coach and sure enough.
Then we finally play better because we are pissed off and after five minutes or so of taking it to them, NE gets a break and puts home a goal. Because of course they do.
I don’t this program has seen a weekend like this. In contention to win 6 points and end up with 0.

Reaction Score
I thought there was no way they wave off that goal. Then remembered the goal that was reversed I think against providence after five minutes of review and at this point I will never trust a clean goal stands until they drop the puck

Reaction Score
After the game Cavanaugh had a heated discussion for several minutes-with the NE head coach - not screaming but heated.
Of course Cavanaugh then did the same to the ref as he should have. What happened before the second period faceoffs? Anyone catch that? Cav was pissed then as well.

Reaction Score
Officiating was disgraceful, but that's been covered. Question: At the start of the second period, Wheeler got pulled off the ice before the puck drop and was in a heated discussion with Cav and the official. Never saw him again. Does anyone know what happened??

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I have never been more disgusted with the officiating then tonight. This one was stolen from us. I will not comment on this BS again. It’s obvious to me the Hockey East does not want us to finish anywhere near the top of this league. F them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cavs response bothers me. I need to cool off after reading that. Disappointed.
Get a fine. Benedict knows how to pay fines on our other coaches by now.
Granted that’s only an excerpt who knows what else he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom