#19 Indiana @ #12 Maryland - 1/04/21 | The Boneyard

#19 Indiana @ #12 Maryland - 1/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
College Park, MD - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
#20 Indiana vs. #14 Maryland (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love what Coach Teri Moren is doing at Indiana. That team is so competitive. Maryland will be tested. Hopefully they are focused.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Love what Coach Teri Moren is doing at Indiana. That team is so competitive. Maryland will be tested. Hopefully they are focused.
I agree; Moren has done a wonderful job building that program.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
College Park, MD - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
#20 Indiana vs. #14 Maryland (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:
Can't watch it, I'm a die hard Purdue fan for life, born in Lafayette, IN. Hate both teams and I CAN'T STAND Mowins and Antonelli announcing. I wonder how many times they will hawk about the upcoming UConn vs Baylor game this Thursday on ESPN. Heck their Women's board is stating that the UConn - Baylor rivalry is the best in women's college basketball. No not really and the only reason why they are saying it because this is the one of only two games they have UConn on TV. The other is Tennessee, which was one of the best women's basketball rivalries ever. IMHO, the best right now is UConn vs South Carolina, and I'm happy it's on Fox Sports, don't have to listen to the ESPN announcer babble about everything but the game like they usually do.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I can't believe I would ever say this but I feel Indiana is underachieving thus far this year...losses to Kentucky and Tennessee in games the should have won.

That said, Maryland even with all the transfers in and out plus the loss of Angel Reese has been playing extremely well. Go Terps!
:cool:

Reaction Score
Indiana is great defensively. But they are near the bottom on offense. If Benzan, Bibby and others can hit their three pointers, the game will be over pretty quickly.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
10-0 MD in first 3 minutes. They look very tough.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I agree that South Carolina-UConn is the top rivalry game now. They just mentioned the Baylor game just for ratings
Pretty much every game was a blowout win for UConn until last year South Carolina finally got one. I think there are gonna have to be quite a few competitve contests between the 2 before this can even think about being called the top rivalry.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You have to give Maryland and Brenda credit here, the lost 3 transfers and the #2 Recruit in the country to injury and here they are winning in style. Pretty impressive.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You have to give Maryland and Brenda credit here, the lost 3 transfers and the #2 Recruit in the country to injury and here they are winning in style. Pretty impressive.
Must have been one hell of a pre-game speech. Rah Rah Rah

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Pretty good that Indiana is hanging in there. They know they're not as talented as Maryland, but they play hard and have some tough warriors on that team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Indiana not backing down from Owusu. Good physical defense. And IN just blew a layup off a great defensive steal but now Diamond Miller misses 2FT's.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Too bad Indiana can't hit the shots, they sure have had the possessions.

Reaction Score
84-80 MD final

Owusu and Miller with 20 pts ea.
That second-game loss to MO St. aside, Maryland looks realllyy good. They’re athletic, tough, and shoot it at 50%. They may drop a B1G game or two at Indiana or Michigan, but this MD team could be for real. They can be in the mix for a spot in the national championship game if they keep this up. Imagine if they had Reese!

Reaction Score
Maryland quietly stacking up with WNBA Prospects. Wu Wu & Miller are 1st rounders for sure. Reese could end up as a lottery pick

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Maryland played a brilliant game until the 4th when they jist stopped executing and playing defense. Was pretty apparent they were playing to not lose down the stretch and gave up a ton of easy looks and offensive rebounds. Owusu was brilliant but down the stretch they had her go one on one literally every possession. Diamond Miller looks outstanding...she showed signs of potential a year ago but she seems to be putting it all together this year. Reminds me of a bigger Angel McCoughtry offensively. Fantastic handles for a 6'3 guard. Maryland looks better than I expected. Brenda has a knack for putting out a solid product on the court even if her kids usually transfer.

Indiana looked good down the stretch but it was too little too late. No show by Patberg, but Berger was a stud today.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That second-game loss to MO St. aside, Maryland looks realllyy good. They’re athletic, tough, and shoot it at 50%. They may drop a B1G game or two at Indiana or Michigan, but this MD team could be for real. They can be in the mix for a spot in the national championship game if they keep this up. Imagine if they had Reese!
When was the last time Maryland got to the final four, let alone the championship game.

Reaction Score
I
Maryland played a brilliant game until the 4th when they jist stopped executing and playing defense. Was pretty apparent they were playing to not lose down the stretch and gave up a ton of easy looks and offensive rebounds. Owusu was brilliant but down the stretch they had her go one on one literally every possession. Diamond Miller looks outstanding...she showed signs of potential a year ago but she seems to be putting it all together this year. Reminds me of a bigger Angel McCoughtry offensively. Fantastic handles for a 6'3 guard. Maryland looks better than I expected. Brenda has a knack for putting out a solid product on the court even if her kids usually transfer.

Indiana looked good down the stretch but it was too little too late. No show by Patberg, but Berger was a stud today.
I see a more skilled offensive minded DeLisha Milton-Jones with Diamond Miller’s incredible length ! Love her game along with Owusu Aka Chelsea Gray Jr!

Reaction Score
When was the last time Maryland got to the final four, let alone the championship game.
2006 when they won & I believe they made it during the Alyssa Thomas Era

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Maryland quietly stacking up with WNBA Prospects. Wu Wu & Miller are 1st rounders for sure. Reese could end up as a lottery pick
Question is will they stay....this team would be a legitimate title contender if Mikesell/Austin stayed and Reese was healthy.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
2014 and 2015. They won it all in 2006. No way to predict what would've happened, but they were going to be a #1 seed last year too had the tournament happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom