#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Kirsten strikes out the side.

Can we pull an Oregon State and "accidentally" invite this poor pitcher to fall practice?

Reaction Score
Susi walked. Prato at 2nd with 2 outs. Come on Feldstien

Reaction Score
Ugh. Like most here, I hate that 3rd base steal.
Agree and disagree with Chris Jones liking the aggressiveness. Why take chances with Susi and Feldstein coming up and a man already in scoring position?

Edit: Feldstein gets it done! 1-0!

Reaction Score
I've never seen a baseball player lose his helmet more often than Prato. LOL.

Reaction Score
So. I guess you want me to be positive and say that was a brilliant decision by Penders to try and steal 3rd with 1 out and your 3 & 4 hitters coming up. Who happens to be a lefty hitter which gives the catcher a clear look at 3rd and didn't think Nucerino was considered a fast runner? Not sure why the Memphis announcers were totally perplexed by that decision and criticizing Penders?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So. I guess you want me to be positive and say that was a brilliant decision by Penders to try and steal 3rd with 1 out and your 3 & 4 hitters coming up. Who happens to be a lefty hitter which gives the catcher a clear look at 3rd and didn't think Nucerino was considered a fast runner? Not sure why the Memphis announcers were totally perplexed by that decision and criticizing Penders?

Nobody wants you to be anything. We’re just sad for you that UConn baseball will seemingly never make you happy.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants you to be anything. We’re just sad for you that UConn baseball will seemingly never make you happy.
Glad to see your back for your once or twice visit with your usual dig. Go back to your battles with everyone on the basketball board. By the way my issues aren't with the team, they are mainly with the head coach's decisions.

Reaction Score

It was Toppa that was thrown out @ third - not Nucerino.

Reaction Score
Sorry, still makes no sense.

I thought the opinion/rationale/strategy put forth by Jones made sense. You can disagree...

They scored so it wasn’t a fatal decision so early in the game.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
It was Toppa that was thrown out @ third - not Nucerino.

IMO it is still a poor decision to try and steal 3rd with two good hitters coming up to the plate, so I disagree here. Hindsight is 20/20 but we have done this all year.

I like the patient approach we have had tonight, which I credit the coaches on.

Kirsten is pitching so well that perhaps it will not matter, though

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Glad to see your back for your once or twice visit with your usual dig. Go back to your battles with everyone on the basketball board. By the way my issues aren't with the team, they are mainly with the head coach's decisions.
Penders not perfect but much better than you give him credit. On ESPN radio Thursday night on the college baseball hour they were talking with a college coach and when discussing the better coaches today, Penders name was brought up
And no need to be snarky with Stain- he brings up a good point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom