1800 Character Limit And Pick 'em Standings = No Likey | The Boneyard

1800 Character Limit And Pick 'em Standings = No Likey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry for the delay in posting standing for Weekly Pick 'Em, the new character limit is preventing me from posting it. I'm working on scaling it back to get it posted.

Hey "decision makers", if you're going to add a character limit, can you at least add a character counter so we can see where we're at.

Reaction Score
Can we get rid of this stupid character limit already? It does nothing but hamper the board.

Reaction Score
an explanation of the character limit would be nice. if there's a reason, even if it's just because your advertisers pay you by the number of post or something so this is a way to goose the numbers, i'm fine with that. i certainly don't mind you guys making money off of this, you certainly deserve it for the work you do, but as of now i really don't see the point and it's pretty annoying. a character counter would certainly help.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I honestly don't know why there's a character limit. Tom (temery) made that decision and he must have a good reason. There's a thread on the Suggestions Board if you want to chime in there.

BTW, the revenue from the ads pay for the server & software fees. Humble admins (me) and the assortment of mods get nothing but the joy of reading the pearls of wisdom spewed, uh, strewn upon the Boneyard.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I honestly don't know why there's a character limit. Tom (temery) made that decision and he must have a good reason. There's a thread on the Suggestions Board if you want to chime in there.

BTW, the revenue from the ads pay for the server & software fees. Humble admins (me) and the assortment of mods get nothing but the joy of reading the pearls of wisdom spewed, uh, strewn upon the Boneyard.
I like 'CrankyNan'. You should lose power more often. ;)

Reaction Score
the character limit smells like the north end of a horse going south. there are some real pearls of wisdom and knowledge that require more than 1.8K measley characters to espouse. and just as important, this really going to cut into bizlaws weekly game analysis...can we sue or something? :)

Reaction Score
I mentioned earlier, but I spent 5 hours breaking down the pitt replay. Then about an hour writing my game analysis. Only to find that it was too large. Tried to break it down to posts 1/10th of the size of the breakdown. Still to big? And nothing to indicate how much over I was?

There are alot of posters here who write long posts. A d these posts stimulate a lot of good discussion. Extremely dissapointed in the limit, and I will obviously will not post game analysis in the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
the character limit smells like the north end of a horse going south. there are some real pearls of wisdom and knowledge that require more than 1.8K measley characters to espouse. and just as important, this really going to cut into bizlaws weekly game analysis...can we sue or something? :)

And bizlaws post game threads are what immediately came to mind.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Everyone needs to write their Boneyard Congressman - in this case Tom a.k.a. temery, flooding his inbox with recommendations to get rid of the limit. Occupy The Boneyard!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to write their Boneyard Congressman - in this case Tom a.k.a. temery, flooding his inbox with recommendations to get rid of the limit. Occupy The Boneyard!
Last I heard Tom hadn't gotten his power back yet. Can you wait a few days before unleashing your wrath on him?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
occupy the BY!!!:D

what signs would BY's be holding?

-"Madison Square Gordon"
-"BCUGE"
-" By Napier"
-"We Used To Be In Trailors"

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
99% of the 1800 character-posts are posted by 1% of boneyarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom