18-13 | The Boneyard

18-13

Reaction Score
Would a final regular season record of 18-13 get us into the NIT?

Reaction Score
Would a final regular season record of 18-13 get us into the NIT?
Probably would put us in the Syracuse bracket at the Dome, winner plays BC or Providence or Georgetown. Certainly not Pitt or St. Johns.

Reaction Score
I predict 17-14... unless we continue to gel 19-20 wins would be nice ending he season in 5th or 6th.

If my predictions are right the only way we make it into NIT is an appearance in the AAC Final finishing the season 20-15.

Need quality wins over SMU, Cinci, and WSU. UCF win was nice let’s finish this thing.

Reaction Score
Probably would put us in the Syracuse bracket at the Dome, winner plays BC or Providence or Georgetown. Certainly not Pitt or St. Johns.

Back to the Big East, baby!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pitt may be the worst team in a major conference this year.

Reaction Score
I predict 17-14... unless we continue to gel 19-20 wins would be nice ending he season in 5th or 6th.

If my predictions are right the only way we make it into NIT is an appearance in the AAC Final finishing the season 20-15.

Need quality wins over SMU, Cinci, and WSU. UCF win was nice let’s finish this thing.

It's really a two horse race between WSU and UC.
Third spot is up for grabs.
If Tulsa (record only) is the 3rd best team...we have the potential to do some damage...

Reaction Score
I could definitely see this season going 21-10. I think that's about as good as it could get. 17 or 18 wins seems a lot more likely. But it'd be a good look to get to 20, at least after the tourney.

The team seems to be growing, the schedule is also a little more merciful now that it has been. Lets hope things keep improving and we don't have so many fire Ollie posts over the rest of this season.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Anything better than .500 and you can get in. Lets shoot for the NCAA though.

Well said! It ain't over until it's over...

images

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Looking at the AAC besides WSU and Cinci everything is a free for all.

There are going to be a ton of teams clustered that can go from 3rd to 9th in the space of a game or 2 for a portion of the season

0-4 Temple went into SMU and broke a 33 game home SMU winning streak last night.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this: does a team with an RPI 57 and SOS 30 with a 18-13 record make the NCAA Tournament? Because if you play around with the numbers at RPI Forecast that's where UConn could end up. I'm not saying that's going to happen, especially since we have seen 1 quality win since November (it happened last night), but just know all possibilities are still in play. For those wondering what assumptions I used ROS:

Win @ Tulane
Win @ Memphis
Loss v. Nova
Loss v. SMU
Win @ Temple
Loss @UCF
Loss v. Cincy
Win v. USF
Loss @ Wichita St.
Win v. Tulsa
Win v. ECU
Loss @ Cincy
Win v. Memphis
Win v. Temple
Win @Houston

Reaction Score
Looking at the AAC besides WSU and Cinci everything is a free for all.

There are going to be a ton of teams clustered that can go from 3rd to 9th in the space of a game or 2 for a portion of the season

0-4 Temple went into SMU and broke a 33 game home SMU winning streak last night.
Temple is an outright bizarre team
They apparently are talented but only show up for select games

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this: does a team with an RPI 57 and SOS 30 with a 18-13 record make the NCAA Tournament? Because if you play around with the numbers at RPI Forecast that's where UConn could end up. I'm not saying that's going to happen, especially since we have seen 1 quality win since November (it happened last night), but just know all possibilities are still in play. For those wondering what assumptions I used ROS:
Based on these results, I'd say we're on the outside looking in. UCF, Houston and Oregon would be our best wins, all of which I believe will be bubble teams come March. I think we'd have to take 2 from SMU, Cincy, Wichita, Nova.

Reaction Score
Based on these results, I'd say we're on the outside looking in. UCF, Houston and Oregon would be our best wins, all of which I believe will be bubble teams come March. I think we'd have to take 2 from SMU, Cincy, Wichita, Nova.

Providence made it in the tourney last year with an RPI of 56 and SOS of 49 and only beat 1 top 25 team while losing to bad St. John's and BC teams along the way.

Reaction Score

Win @ Tulane
Win @ Memphis
Loss v. Nova
Loss v. SMU
Win @ Temple
Loss @UCF
Loss v. Cincy
Win v. USF
Loss @ Wichita St.
Win v. Tulsa
Win v. ECU
Loss @ Cincy
Win v. Memphis
Win v. Temple
Win @Houston
Would need a marquee win against Wichita, Cincy, or Nova in my opinion. And an SMU win at home wouldn’t hurt.

I think there is a verryyyy slim chance of tourney this year but we can hope.

Reaction Score
Pitt may be the worst team in a major conference this year.

They fell pretty hard after alignment. Football for some reason gets a highlight win every now and again but basketball?? What the hell happened?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom