$17m early buyout agreement per Blauds | Page 5 | The Boneyard

$17m early buyout agreement per Blauds

Reaction Score
The only spreadsheet that matters is the one residing on David B’s laptop. I’m not sure why many people feel the need to use so much personal time to disprove a move that is happening-but to each his own.

I am quite certain that UCONN numbers show that this move makes sense financially. The President, CFO, AD, Trustees and anyone else involved have a fiduciary responsibility to the University, as well as the state. In addition, fandom, brand marketing, University pride and many other things are significant intangibles that will greatly improve to complement the numbers.

Although I believe we will see immediate improvement in all of the above, this is a long-term play.

Feel free though to continue refining your “end of the world” negative return NPVs.

Reaction Score
The only spreadsheet that matters is the one residing on David B’s laptop. I’m not sure why many people feel the need to use so much personal time to disprove a move that is happening-but to each his own.

I am quite certain that UCONN numbers show that this move makes sense financially. The President, CFO, AD, Trustees and anyone else involved have a fiduciary responsibility to the University, as well as the state. In addition, fandom, brand marketing, University pride and many other things are significant intangibles that will greatly improve to complement the numbers.

Although I believe we will see immediate improvement in all of the above, this is a long-term play.

Feel free though to continue refining your “end of the world” negative return NPVs.
This is where I'm at. The decision has been made. UConn is synonymous with northeast basketball. Hard to keep that going in a southern mid major football league with only 1 other Northeast school.

The school waited until the 2nd TV contract. When that didn't deliver, the decision was made to leave. There ain't no turning back. Maybe the AAC becomes P5, and we rue the day. So be it at this point.

Reaction Score
By 2020, I suspect we move down unless we get a very nice FB media deal. Nobody will admit it but that’s what the math says.
Based on an undefined gridiron media deal, speculative analysis of other unsubstantiated hypothetical #s, and within only 157 days, betting even your house on your suspicion may be dubious. Time may tell ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom