#17 UConn v. #11 Ohio State University (Friday 10/14/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/15/22 @ 4:05p) Both games on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#17 UConn v. #11 Ohio State University (Friday 10/14/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/15/22 @ 4:05p) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s fun to win! Man, if only yesterday.

Nice dominating win. Especially to a ranked BIG opponent.

Great to see coach cav on the jumbo still coaching hard when it was 4 or 5 to 1. Kids were all ears.

Great to see wood score and gets assists. Got to keep the kid confident in his decision to come to UConn. +3 tonight?
1g/2a?

I’ll be up there @ BU next wknd!

Reaction Score
What a weekend!

Cav had them ready. I use to dread the 3rd period. It always seemed like we were hanging on by our fingernails. Today we dominated play and got stronger. Conditioning has taken a big step forward!

5-0-1 on October 15th is is unprecedented! Let's keep it up!

Reaction Score
Just an outstanding effort especially after how Ohio state looked last night.
Third period we were just pouring it on which I loved because a) Ohio state has dirty players who try garbage stuff after the whistle and b) the referees once again were garbage themselves.

We have two really good young goaltenders. Each with different styles but both are incredibly reliable.

The future is bright.

Reaction Score
UConn imposed their physical will on an Ohio State team who played soft. OSU’s chippiness after the whistle resulted from not being able to match physicality during play.

It was a beat down.

Reaction Score
One of the best wins ever. Certainly the best out of conference win of all time. So nice to see THE Ohio State get THE CRAP kicked out of them. We were physical last night and today it was more of the same. Hard hits all over the ice and Buckeyes stapled to the boards or down on the ice for 6 periods. Hope that plane back to Columbus has an ice machine. Did you ever see so much crybabying after hard hits?
On to Boston!!!

Reaction Score
Another disappointing crowd. Cav and the boys deserve better scheduling than nine home afternoon games and BC on a Thursday night.
I think 2500-3000 is probably going to be the typical crowd for UConn hockey. In the new on campus arena that will be a pack house and it will be awesome. Hopefully it will be 95% students. It will be loud and a great college atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Another disappointing crowd. Cav and the boys deserve better scheduling than nine home afternoon games and BC on a Thursday night.
We never seem to draw well in October. Seems like fans don’t realize it’s hockey season til that first home heating bill.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow. What a start to the season, and what a signature win!

Reaction Score
Once hockey east
I think 2500-3000 is probably going to be the typical crowd for UConn hockey. In the new on campus arena that will be a pack house and it will be awesome. Hopefully it will be 95% students. It will be loud and a great college atmosphere.
XL I’d say 4000 once hockey east season is ongoing but yeah the new home arena will always be packed and loud with more students so that place is gonna be absolute hell for visiting teams.

Opening night against Northeastern is going to be epic. Two of the best teams in the conference going at it too. Can’t wait.

Reaction Score
it will be like 10% students. Most tickets are already owned by STHs

Reaction Score
it will be like 10% students. Most tickets are already owned by STHs
That will be terrible if true. The students should get first dibs on tickets To the on campus facility. I suspect once the newness of the building wears off the XL center ticket holders will get tired of the drive to Storrs and the students will have more access to the tickets.

Reaction Score
First of all, I'd be shocked if 2000 students want to go to a hockey game considering you can count on one hand the number who show up now for games at XL.
Secondly, I'm not sure you want to push away the vast majority of Season ticket holders who have been supporting the program for the last 10 years.
I'd assume 10-20% of the seats are carved out for students and the rest go to the Season ticket holders. There's nothing wrong with that. What's the ratio for Gampel of students to non-students?
Maybe once students get a taste of the hockey program on campus, there will be more that show up at XL.

Does UConn offer transportation to XL for hockey the way they set it up for hoops and football?

Reaction Score
Does UConn offer transportation to XL for hockey the way they set it up for hoops and football?

Yea, it’s now called the icewagon. LOL

Jokes aside, I think they used to have a
ice bus during the first 2-3 seasons. I remember kids trying to find the kid with the #icebus sign to get back to campus. I could be wrong about that as I was a non-student, but some of those early HE days when the student section was full, you could tell all of them weren’t drivin in.

I know I complain, but the band is gotta get the U-C-O-N-N right. Got it right 1/6.

Can they not do it during play?
Used to be:
GOAL-brass bonanza-announcer announces names and time-drum roll-let we rip

Now it’s during BB, during announcement, not at all. etc.

They’ve done it during play before so I’m not sure the issue. Drives me and others near the band nuts

Reaction Score
Impressive that Matthew spends the time to write up both games, and I commend him for his efforts. Proof reading and editing for run-on sentences would improve the readability; I couldn't get through the blog/article. While the art of blogging is more free-form than traditional journalism, Matthew will need to tighten up his writing if he chooses to move forward in the field.

Reaction Score
Sucks todays BU vs UM game is on BIG+.

I woulda caught next weeks opponent @ 5pm if it was on ESPN+.

They used to have a day pass. I ain’t paying 50 for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom